RPG...Chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rando

To all players -
You all make your way aound the city to the northern side and find the gate. It is wooden, and shows no sign of forced entry. Alo, as your scout reported earlier, it is open just an inch or so.

Pushing to gate open, you see on the other side a street leading a way from you. It would seem to be a shopping district, for you can see craftsmen's workshops, the anvils of smithies, and the racks of street vendors. None of these people are there to great you, however.

The town is silent, with only a few rustling leaves blowing through the streets to break the absolute quite.

Entering the gate, and getting a good look at it's other side, you see deep scratch marks and gouges in the wood.

The street goes on before you, and there is another street leading to your right and left. (you are standing at a "T" intersection.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Shall we try to make our way to the Town Hall? Anyone familiar with the city and know their way there?"

** Actually, do I know my way there? I think I've been here in a past adventure but can't remember if I went to the town hall (was that the king-poisoned adventure?) **

R

rkoelsch

"No afraid I have never been here. It looks like the people locked their enemy in with them then couldn't get out. I say we go right. straight ahead looks as if it is just begging for an ambush."

R

Rando

**no, I don't think Dorgath has been here. I've run at least two other games in Radafel, but I think they were on the MTGNews boards.**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Okay, I looked back at the last couple of your RPG's and in the last one we were on our way to Radafel before it stopped. So I guess this is all new to Dorgath :) **

B

BigBlue

I think we should stick together and head for either city hall, or the residential sector. What do we think caused the gouges? Claws, fingernails, tools, or weapons?

I'd like to see if the buildings are unlocked, and unoccupied. I'm still holding out the hope that people are inside the homes too afraid to come out, though that makes little sense given the lack of activity during the daylight hours when the wails aren't to be heard. Let's make sure we shut the gate behind us. If something is clawing to get out and can't, we oughtn't let it escape.

P

Prince RXI

As a wandering Bard, does Celeb know his way around this city???

M

MrXarvox

*Pally, if you remember, has been to Radafel and somewhat knows his way around, especially in the general vicinity of the Sheep's Bladder tavern.*

"Hmm... town hall... That'd be toward the center of the city, south from 'ere. I useta use the west gate when I came here so I don't know exactly where t' go, but if we go south we should be able to see it."

A

Apollo

Well, if the town hall is south, then we ought to follow this road and ignore the intersection. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the city at all, being from more tropical regions. I've only just made my way to this part of the world recently, so I'll be no use for directions. Perhaps, though, I could fly high enough to see the town hall (if that is, in fact, where we're going).

Vertioch: the gate was open when we got here, so if there was some vicious creature trying to get out it's likely already gone. So there's no point in closing and locking the thing. More likely, to me, the townspeople were trying to get out and were clawing at the fence before whatever(s) caught them. The open gate suggests to me that whatever(s) has moved on already and left the city more or less dead behind it, but obviously we should nevertheless keep close watch on our surroundings. I definitely believe we should leave the gate open (as well as any other gates we come across). If we need to make a quick escape, I can always fly over a wall, but you folks can't. Since we don't know what we're up against, I want my new friends to be able to get away from something that's too powerful for them.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Niril casts bone armour on himself. Shards of bone rip from the ground and create plate mail over Niril's robes.

"I'm all for heading to the center of the town, if thats what the group decides...but i'll be prepared anyway"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if we're ready then I guess we follow Pally towards the center of town. Our weapons are readied, and we're all on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary as we go.

What do we see?

M

MrXarvox

Pally leads the group southward, two fingers on his monocle as he goes.

He is muttering a spell under his breath, and the scholars of the group can tell that it's a detection spell. If there's something approaching unseen, he'll be able to warn the group before it's on top of them.

R

Rando

To all players -
There really isn't much to see. All the shops and houses along the street are boarded up from the inside or at least have thier shutters closed. There are several racks, carts and tables that once belonged to vendors that have been left abandoned in the street.

As you all head deeper into the city, towards the large domed building that serves as Radafel's City Council chamber, that familier scent of rot and filth begins to fill your nostrills again.

Sudenly, from out a blind alley, out steps two men dressed in browns and greens. They are armed with drawn swords.

"What's this now?" says one, taller and with a full head of red hair.

"Don't know Simon." Says the squat one, picking at his mangey, brown beared with one hand and clutching his sword with the the other. "P'raps they've come to try and rob the city...what with all the townsfolk gone and all..."

"Aye, Nathan. P'raps so." Says the red head.

They stand thier ground and wait for action from you...

R

Rando

To Dorgath -
You eye the pair, and see that they are both dressed in well worn traveling garmets, mostly in shades of brown and green. They are both human, but do not bear any mark or clue as to thier origins alegience.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Greetings! We are not looters, but travelers from the east (I think). We are investigating the lack of travel between here and there."

B

BigBlue

Vertioch stands at the ready. Carefully observing this discussion. Silently, he orders his trusted companion Scout to take note and determine if others are about, skulking through the alleyways. He is leaning against his Staff which is firmly planted in the ground.

**Rando, were there any markings, flags, banners, and whatnot which might indicate what the heraldry of Radafael is? Specifically, are the colors in tune with those of Simon & Nathan?**

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Niril looks at the two, and takes his hands away from a casting position.

"We mean no ill will, like my Dwarven friend said, we are but a motley band of travelers. Might you have information as to why Radafel is so desolate?"

M

MrXarvox

Pally smiles that spry-little-old-man smile that only a spry little old man can pull off, especially if he's bald and in a saffron robe. Which Pally isn't, but it works regardless.

Wordlessly, this conveys a message: It's all good, but mess with us and you'll be a smoking crater.

Status
Not open for further replies.