RPG...Chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apollo

Halcyon takes wing and alights on any nearby outcropping/building/whatever that is out of the reach of the men. For the moment, Halcyon finds it wiser to remain quiet and not let on to his intelligence.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Wordlessly, I sheath my sword as I boldly stride forward. This conveys a message: I'm not a spry-little-old-man...:p

"Greetings. We're glad to see that someone has survived in this place. My name is Tyresius, and myself and my diverse companions have been on the road a long time, searching for answers. What has happened here? And where are all the other people? The street vendors? Cats, and dogs? And what the hell is that smell?!?"

R

Rando

To All players -
Simon puts his sword away and proceeds to run his spindly fingers through his mess of greasy, unkempt red hair.

"Have ya never smelled tha stench of rot, my man? That's what that scent be."

"Aye...aye" agrees Nathan, who has also put his sword away and is digging in his back pack.

"You don't SEEM like brigands" Simon continues, "So I'll be on the up and up. Me and my mate Nathan 'ere were just coming ta Radafel for a bath, a drink and a companion, if ya follow my meaning, what with us being more then a fortnight in the wilderness, just th' two. Anyway, we gets 'ere, and lo but the gate's closed with no guard in sight nor ear shot. So, we go about the walls and such, lookin' for a way in to ...um...investigate. Well, Nathan 'ere is more spry then you'd reckon..."

"Aye" says Nathan, who has now produced a tiny hand-held cross bow and is loading it with a dart sized bolt.

"...so he shimies th' wall and unlocks the gate behind ya ta let me in. We stroll down the street and here you alls back a ways coming in, so we hide and wait ta see what yer plans are. And...so here we are."

Simon produces a pipe and lights up, taking a few deep drags.

Meanwhile, Nathan has taken aim at something up on the roof tops. "Lookie at that fancy bird there, Simon. It may prove ta be good eatin'".

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Hold! That bird happens to be one of our companions! Definitely not for eating.

Why don't we check out a tavern and see if any food's left? And would you be interested in joining with us to find out the cause of the disappearance of the people here?"

A

Apollo

At this point, Halcyon finds that it is a very good time to speak.

"Aye, sir, I don't think you'd be wanting to eat little ol' me. We magical creatures tend to have very ill effects on those that injest us, and besides, I can assure you that I am quite stringy and bony."

Halcyon flies down and lands on Dorgath's shoulder, hoping they will be hesitant to risk hitting him.

B

BigBlue

Have you determined the source of the Rot?

I find it odd that the buildings are boarded, from the inside.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"I agree, Vertioch. I think we should investigate things a bit more before we take a break though, Dorgath, since it's still relatively early, and we have no idea what will be coming out to play after dark...:eek: "

I turn to our 2 new *friends*. "I realized what the smell was - I'm not that stupid - I guess what I meant to say was, have you found anything that's helped to create it?"

Some people are so damn literal...:p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Sorry, what I meant was, they might be able to check out a tavern for food.

And the smell could be the remains of the villagers piled up somewhere, as in a massacre, although I hope not... :( "

E

EricBess

"If you truely want to help, I could use the assistance...There's plenty of food around to provide a good meal, if you know where to look"

A shadow drifts from a nearby alley and is soon shown to be a man of average height with a hood covering his features. His rusty red robes seem to indicate someone of importance, but are currently tattered and dirty.

A

Apollo

"Oh, my, yet another mysterious stranger. The reports of this cities' abandonment were evidently greatly exagerated.

So, who might you be, sir? If you truly have food, I would greatly appreciate some, as these folks don't feed me nearly enough."

Those that know the expressions of birds would see that Halcyon has a jesting grin on his beak when he makes the previous comment.

E

EricBess

"Mysterious stranger? I live in this currently accursed place and I'm accused of being a 'mysterious stranger' by a talking bird. That is choice.

"My name is Galdan and I serve the council of Radafel...or what's left of it anyway. Few council members have been spared by the evil that has invaded the city. The dangers of being in the middle of things, I suppose."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Ahhh, I agree my good dwarf. It would be better for them to seek out different food than our resident phoenix. Speaking of which - does anyone have any worms for Halcyon? He seems to be hungry...:p

"Well met, Galdan. Myself, and my erstwhile companions would like to help get to the bottom of the troubles here, and you seem to be the sort of person that would know what's going on. What of the evil that has befallen this place?"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Niril leans against a building, thinking about what type of wine would go with roasted phoenix:D , while the others talk to the newcomers.

E

EricBess

"We shouldn't talk in the open. They fear heat, which has been fortunate for me, but they grow bold of late. If we are found plotting their demise, they may put their fears aside. Even I won't travel by night at present.

"Come, I was on my way to the Sifton house. A few townsfolk have gathered there for refuge in a hidden cellar. It's not comfortable, but for the moment it's safe. They will welcome numbers as long as I keep bringing food."

With that Galdan motions for the others to follow him.

P

Prince RXI

A little softer that the others of the group tthat spoke before, Celeb greets the 2 new folk.
"Hello sirs. I am Celebrandir, Grand High Bard, kin of Silver Dragons. I am honored to meet the. May I ask you if you have even tried to enter one of the houses around here since you came? Maybe we sould check inside a few just to make sure that there is no other 'Living' beings in Radafel? Maybe inside one of them we shall find ourselves a clue to what has happened?"

Meanwhile, Celeb sends a mental order to Nall (his winged Cat familiar) to scan the surrounding area from a hiding spot (Nall has the same hide as me, 30, His Spot is an 8 and his search is a 12, And these are really my stats in D&D. Oh, and he can also play a mean Harp:D ***Perform 19:p)

A

Apollo

Halcyon is beginning to resent his companions a bit, who all seem to either want to eat him or feed him horrible things. He would fly away for a while and sulk, but he's rather afraid of "them," so instead he crawls inside Dorgath's pack and sulks.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"What are you talking about Galdan? They? Who, or what, exactly, is "They"? Surely telling us about "them", and not neccessarily plotting about "them", would be okay, wouldn't it?"

I think we should probably follow this guy, but I don't really trust him, not with this paranoic episode. It sounds like he's either a bit insane (probably understandable under these circumstances) or he's trying to lead us into a trap, or perhaps a little bit of both. I say that if we do follow him we do so very warily...:cool:

** I thought we weren't using stats here RXI...and just what does the "winged" cat use to pluck the strings on the harp? It's forepaws? It's hindpaws? Teeth? Or does it use it's wings? :eek: **

B

BigBlue

I distinctly remember getting a bird a pomagranate earlier, as requested (of course that was days ago. . .) What's the Matter? Feeling a bit peckish? I swear, you must have a hollow wing.

Anyways, after rooting around in my pack, I come up with some hard jerky, not exactly birdfood, and a bit of cheese. After a few more moments, I get a smile on my face as I pull up a bundle of grapes. Here Halcyon, quit your whining.

Now, to deal with the true business at hand. I follow our new guide to the aforementioned abode, though carefully.

A

Apollo

Halcyon decides that there's at least one member of this party he likes, and pokes his head up out of the pack to swallow the grapes.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"I thought birds liked worms...:p"

** Speaking about birds, I wonder what they'd need to do to get away from the "winged" cat :eek: **

Status
Not open for further replies.