Ravnica Previews

L

Limited

Spiderman said:
Now this is a card I like... And it's a common! I liked the Dredge ability right away, but adding it to a 3/1 is great (deals enough damage to matter and to kill most blockers).. And a creature that has some self-sacrificing ability for no mana can also be a good chumpblock.

Combined with Fecundity = :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Plague Boiler will be too hard to control, so it can't do the job of something like Pernicious Deed or Nevinyrral's Disk, unfortunately.

Killer Joe

Well, what else is there for Black and Green in the new "Standard" environment?

It'll do fine in it's format but horrible anywhere else. :eek:

L

Limited

I have to admit it is a good card, but isn't the name a bit much

Nightmare Void sounds pretty nasty.. but all you do is discard a card. Just because it has Dredge the card is upgraded from "the act of compelling by force of authority" to "a place empty except for feelings of intense fear, horror, and distress"..

Kinda like Devouring Deep

O

orgg

Considering what the card does, it's not a bad name.

It's definatly Anti-Control, and it does its job very well... It's a Nightmare Void where your counterspells end up.

L

Limited

I was so expecting the spoiler to be incorrect and have the card read Lightning Bolt or Healing Salve..

Set contains a lot of quality cards, but I like the fact that there are some real awesome uncommons..

D

depolarization

Man they got cool looking wolves that you can actually use! Actually I rather liked Lone Wolf...but this art finally does wolves justice. I'm looking forward to seeing the wolf-riding elf.

Darn it! Looks like I'm sticking with white, if Azrael goes with Dimir in this set. W/R & W/G look awesome and the Blazing Archon is perfect for my Serra Avatar Deck. I hope somebody pulls one.

Man, I'm going to be a goober here...I want to see good looking knights now for R/W besides the amazing lieutenent by Giancola. Kev Walker did a brilliant job in Kamigawa with the hands. I wonder if they will hire Raymond Swanland (he's very talented and new, snatch him up before he gets pricey!)...?

Ravnica looks like fun. I haven't seen much trash at all...well at least the cards look like winners.

- depolarization

L

Limited

The hunted cycle is great for casual Multiplayer.. but would you dare to play it during a prerelease (ours is tomorrow)??

E

EricBess

Depends on what else I had. If I had some decent walls that could stop the Horror token, I would definitely play the Lammassu. I think that they are all different enough that it's hard to do an across the board assessment and what you need to support each one is different. For example, the huge trampler that gives your opponent two pro:black guys to stop it seems really good if you have creatures of another color to stop the tokens and you need a big wall. Actually attacking with the guy is hard because they can trade it for basically anything and still have a couple of 3/3s.

M

Mikeymike

I just want to say how much I adore this set.

Coolest looking main set in awhile, and the 'real' spoiler is even better than the fake one.