Ravnica Previews

E

EricBess

orgg said:
Ten different mana symbols, requiring... hmmm... what would the minimum to cast that be?
That would be 10 of basically any color, but no more than 4 of any given color...

E

EricBess

So, if they recolored the hybred cards, why did they keep the gold color for multi-colored cards?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That Scarab guy costs a lot, but the ability definitely has potential. The orb of insight turns up "12" for the word "dredge."

N

Nightstalkers

That chord looks like it's a fixed version of Natural Order or something.

newbie weenie decks will probably see this card afew times.

G

Gizmo

This is probably more brutal and abusable than Natural Order, given green's mana and creature production abilities and that this gets any colour of creature you can expect this to be landing some really nasty creatures in play very rapidly.

Watch it in Extended where mana acceleration in Elf decks can be ridiculous, and the choice of creatures to grab with it is far larger.

J

jorael

Nice but no Tooth and Nail. Instant speed is cool, that way you can tutor for quite some surprises...

N

Nightstalkers

I still think Natural Order can be bloody annoying. It's like the poor man's Tooth'n Nail at some tournies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Nightstalkers said:
I still think Natural Order can be bloody annoying. It's like the poor man's Tooth'n Nail at some tournies.
I don't think that a comparison between those two is fair. Natural Order is an excellent bomb that can give you a huge advantage by throwing a large green creature onto the field in the early game (a little mana acceleration ensures that you'll play it by turn four). Tooth and Nail is one of those expensive cards that pretty much wins the game by itself once you manage to play it.

I like Chord of Calling. I'm not sure if it's as good as Natural Order or not, but it's more versatile and should see play in some interesting decks. Green decks can easily cut the colored part of its mana cost right out of the equation (and quickly too). I'm already picturing a fourth turn Sliver Queen fetched out of the library by this thing...

I'm really liking Ravnica now. But I want to see the cards from the U/B guild...

S

sageridder

Wow, basic quick elf deck tweeked with Chord of Calling, vitalize,some tutors,and some big ugly whatever.Think Wakefield is off somewhere laughing an evil laugh?

G

Gizmo

The card Im thinking of that doubles your goodness here is Gaeas Cradle.

I think Pattern Of Rebirth is better though.

N

Nightstalkers

Sunforger = Scary

and I'm already building decks around Circu.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought that Sunforger would have heralded a new "effect when unattaching equipment" type of cards, but looking at the spoiler, it's the only one in there with that type of effect. Maybe it's a preview for things to come? :)