Ravnica Previews

J

jorael

Ravnica certainly looks good. It has some power, but also cool cards with a lot of casual potential :)

M

Mikeymike

Would anyone besides me be completely ticked off if they got a "player" card in their pack?

Magic needs this like a fire at their printing plant.

M

Mikeymike

Today's preview, Perplex.

Thankfully, Transmute was turned into a sorcery speed mechanic. As an instant its just broken.

EDIT

Feel free to combine posts. I would have done so, but I didn't know I could add images in an 'edit'.

Attachments

N

Nightstalkers

Mikeymike - doesn't that card just make you feel warm and fuzzy inside? I mean, you either discard your hand, or you can go ahead and cast that spell.... your decision. lol.

Sagerider - Aaron Forsythe needs to be driven around town in the trunk of someones busted junk old Ford. Magic is not baseball, and a lot of us simply don't care about the pro tour or any of that nonsense. We just don't need to get a crap rare and see Antonio De Rosa mocking us at the same time.

Spiderman - The watch movment that is depicted in Telling Time looks to be a Hamilton pocketwatch movement. I can't tell you which one, but I can tell that it's a Hamilton from the balancecock and the winding wheel.

E

EricBess

Did anyone read the article? The player cards are in the Fat Packs and don't take the place of any other cards. They are just extra. So if you don't care, it is pretty easy to ignore them.

G

Gizmo

I think you'll find theyre in tournament packs, not fat packs (ie, every starter you get one).

S

sageridder

They are in the tourney packs.It's also interesting having seen the original article posted at like 1 am has been tweeked and images of the cards added and changed in responce to the huge amount of negitive responces in the discussion board about it at wizards.The way I see it is they are silly but the cost of everything involved in producing, printing, distributing, the work the legal dept must have had to do, all cost money that won't be coming out of the free money account at wizards, at some point it will be passed on to the buyer. Some might say it's a very small amoubt but the shear volume of them begs to differ, I would personally rathered they not, or at least would have rathered a token card or extra foil land or anything you could actually use in the game.I'm not highly offened but think this was a dumb move on thier part.

M

Mikeymike

EricBess said:
Did anyone read the article? The player cards are in the Fat Packs and don't take the place of any other cards. They are just extra. So if you don't care, it is pretty easy to ignore them.
Well, for the big sets I like get tourney packs to pick up some new lands, so I will be seeing them. However, as long as they are not taking the place of other cards (which I did miss the first time through) its not a big deal.

Not for me, that's for sure. Actually, not sure who they are for besides the people on the cards themselves and their closest friends. Would a regular tourney attendee actually be excited to get some of these?

Killer Joe

I want to get a David Price, Paul Sligh and a O'Mahoney-Schwartz cards.

Oooooo, I hope I can open a Laura Mills one, too.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
U/B decks are my favorites, but Perplex looks pretty much useless. It's three mana and isn't even a hard counter. No one uses Rethink. A counter that costs 1UB should be stronger in its effect than Counterspell. This thing is just like Counterspell except that it gives the opponent another option. It also has that transmute thing, but I don't see that ability making waves either.

Thankfully, many of the other cards in this set look to be much more useful than Perplex.

O

orgg

I'd like to pick up a set of the Player cards.

Gits and Shiggles, y'know.

H

Hetemti

Mikeymike said:
Bah. Who plays green? ;)
People who want second-turn 3/3s without drawback. Where's your lightning bolt, now?

As for the 'pro' cards...I'll see if I can get a huge pile of them at the prere if I go so I have dood tokens.

Because WizCo couldn't be bothered to give us token creature cards with our packs. (I'm pointing at you, too, basic-land-in-Xth-Edition-boosters.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nightstalkers said:
Spiderman - The watch movment that is depicted in Telling Time looks to be a Hamilton pocketwatch movement. I can't tell you which one, but I can tell that it's a Hamilton from the balancecock and the winding wheel.
Ummm... if you say so :) Maybe the artist had one lying around...

Hetemti said:
I'm pointing at you, too, basic-land-in-Xth-Edition-boosters.
That would be 3rd (or Revised)....