Online Game Warriors

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
I don't think that's quite correct, as on Thursday I donated 30,000 just once and the gods were pleased.
I'm sorry Spidey - would you rather donate 30,000gp to make them pleased? Or do you think it might be more fiscally responsible to do it twice for a total of 1100gp (yes, 1000gp the 1st time, and 100gp the 2nd did it for me today)?

:eek:

I'd rather spend less in the temple, personally, and more on stuff at the market! :p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you guys are ahead of me, so I'll defer to your wisdom.

I definitely would like to save money so I can get a dragon steed :) so I'll try donating two small amounts tomorrow (fortunately, I almost got killed today so I have lots of turns left :rolleyes: ) :D

S

sageridder

Well I'm gonna say that pleasing the gods does not have an absolut formula.I think to some degree it happens quicker based on the cumulative donations previous.Often once I have a few levels under my belt,I have donated enough by then that donating say 300 gold 3,4,or maybe 5 times does the trick.It has been my experance that they are more easily pleased after you have been donating for some time and harder when you start a new title,which is why I belive their is some sort of cumulative effect.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Um......I don't know there probably is some type of formula to it. All I know is that donating my 10k today helped me alot in adventuring. I met a god who gave me 13 points found the riddle man who gave me 40k and found a guardian's Spiked Shield(dex+10 def+120 att+110) yes i'll gladly trade my fine shield for the most expensive shield in the game:)

L

Lotus Mox

Today I found an evil magician and a veteran dwarflord, never seen them before, but I regularly encounter twisted white knights, undead mages and bears with eagle heads :)

edit: I also found a stupid troll, where my valiant servant helped me in the battle!

R

rkoelsch

Oh I have had servants run off, Jump in and get killed and all kinds of help. I am up to 30 servants now. I think they are worth the money. Oh and I got kill today with only 2 turns left. Just had to push it.

D

Daggertooth

Well I'm on a bad streak of luck. Yesterday all that happened was 2 battles and a bit of gold.

Just as bad was today. 2 more battles and a little bit of gold.

In two days I got about 400 gold and 300 expirience points. :(

Am I doing something wrong?

on the bright side my archery skill is at 16. I'll be able to win that contest yet. :)

Daggertooth

M

Mundungu

The last 3 days were cool. Each day I got a correct riddle, resulting in about 110 extra turnd total.

7 levels up in 3 days ...
at that rate I could be a General by Friday :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that donating gold in small amounts worked. I did 3000 and then 2000, praying for 5 turns, and the Gods were pleased :)

I also maxed out my servants and promptly got one killed in a battle so I replaced him :)

D

Daggertooth

:eek: Ach!! You call 3000 gold a small amount?!? :eek:

I gave half my gold to the gods today and that was 500. :rolleyes:

Daggertooth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't worry, you'll soon reach the point where it's small. One of those dragon steeds cost around 150,000, so while you're saving to get one, you can give away such "pittance" amounts :)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'm saving up for a black dragon. Even with my massive charisma, it still costs about 150k, hehe thats down from 250k. Trust me i have 60k and i think its a small amount.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My two large treasures today netted me about 120K, but I elected to improve some of my other equipment that also raises charisma to help lower the cost of a dragon :)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

well still falling short of my goal, and being the impatient type I am. I opted to spend my money on a shiny Doubleaxe of the Dwarflords instead of waiting till tomorrow for a Black Dragon.

M

Mundungu

eh eh .. I actually "found" the double axe .. saved me quite a few bucks ...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone notice that in the last two weeks the server capacity increased from 6000 to 6500 to 7000? Pretty cool...

D

Daggertooth

Today WAS great. I found a treasur of over 2000 gold. With that and a little more I bought a great ring that gave + 10 to find. I then found a long sword.

I also Got a level up. level 5!

My stats were great. 29 find skill, 30 Dexterity, and 20 archery skill. 15 of which was my own training.

Then Doom set apon me. I visited the Gods to give my daily tribute and they invited me into the halls of vallhala. The gave me the choice to become a Sir.

Thinking this a good thing I accepted. AND LOST EVERYTHING. Now my supplies and money wouldn't have bugged me. Afterall it said that it would do that. But I lost all my stats! :( My archery skill droped back to 3. After all the training and hard work. :(

ah well, I guess it's just part of the game. At least I can get one servent.:rolleyes:

Daggertooth

M

Mundungu

I had prayed like usual, and reached level 20 ..
No more turns left, went to the tempel AND THE DOORS of VAHLAL WER CLOSED !!!
Bastards .. that is gonna cost me one day of playing to "promote ofr what :( ....