Official Werewolf III thread

B

BigBlue

Well, the votes have been cast. Sagerider, you have been found guilty to the charge of Lycanthropy. They bind your hands together and lead you to the gallows... Speak now or forever hold your peace...

The Bells Toll 5pm...

S

sageridder

Hanged for the one crime I've not commited, Funny a gypsy woman once told me it would go this way.

L

Limited

I must ask you all to forgive my absence, but I was away on business and news of horrible killings had not reached me until recently. I must admit I was uncertain I should return or run for safety, but I have gathered my courage and have come to assist our beloved town in its battle against the nocturnal monstrosities..

I will keep a close eye on everyone, as I suppose you all will. Who, in these troubled times, really knows anything about the gents. Either years in our company, or those who have recently moved here?

These are toilsome times indeed, when men of sophistication must combine our intellect to discover the fiends that crawl amoungst us!

Godspeed everyone!

B

BigBlue

After he's said his last words, the lever is pulled, freeing the trapdoor... (If I did this in Paris it'd be the Guilatine(sp)...)

Sagerider falls the two feet of slack in his rope before a quick jerk at the end stops him. Everyone holds their breath hoping for a sign they have voted correctly today...

Unfortunately, the vote was for an innocent man - well maybe not innocent, but certainly not a werewolf. a bit of panic ensues as everyone rushes to their homes and barricades the door... except for two residents...

Around Midnight, the baying of wolves can be heard... They have attacked once again... Who was the victim?

In the morning everyone gathers again at Mooseman's tavern... well, everyone but Oversoul. Oversoul was attacked and killed in the night - again by what appears to be two werewolves...

Another Day another Hanging...

D

DarthFerret

Whoa...wait a minute...does this mean that possibly the furry ones do not work in concert with each other?... or is this what we are meant to believe.... hmm...

Well now... This is getting a bit out of hand, we better figure out what is going on here before we all end up food.....

So, who had a grudge against our poor Oversoul here...?

Z

Zigathon

DarthFerret said:
Whoa...wait a minute...does this mean that possibly the furry ones do not work in concert with each other?... or is this what we are meant to believe.... hmm...
I was thinking the same thing.
As far as I stand, I am now suspicious of all of you.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this is a fine start. First we hang an innocent man and then a second person seems to be a victim of the furry fiends.

I go over to Oversoul's dwelling and see if there's any clues to be found (pawprints, bloody trail, etc).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, everyone is so quiet. I'll open my doors early, so as to have somewhere to discuss these tragedies and what we are going to do about them.

Question: How did the wolves benifit from Oversouls death?

Oversould did say that Melkor was a wolf, but to then eat him would be a bit obvious.

Can one of you smart fellas look for clues in peoples actions?

L

Limited

Ah, Mooseman, my good man! Pour me a stiff drink as you will.

Here, I have seen things no man should witness. Horrible murders, mutilated bodies.

As Zigathon mentioned, these are times in which we must question every little detail of peoples behavior. For instance, I came into town later than expected, only to find I was already being accused! Is it just me, or do we expect the Wolves, when in human form, to be masters of the art of being present but go unnoticed?

What sense would it then make for Spiderman to accuse someone for such a blatantly obvious reason as being too silent? Surely, if I were a wolf, I would not attract attention to myself in that way.

I don't feel I can trust anyone yet, but I suspect Spiderman is harboring a dark (and hairy) secret..

D

DarthFerret

Ok, well, the way I see it is that the wolves are not acting in concert together, therefore, they both must have had a good reason to pick on poor Oversoul. As I stated before, I am wondering who Oversoul had made an enemy of...

Melkor is an obvious choice, but then, maybe we could dig deeper.

Possibly, by killing Oversouls vote of Melkor, it puts Melkor more into the background and his voting becomes less prominent?. I know this is deep, and now my head is hurting from trying to rationalize anything.

Moose, I think I need a good stiff drink, and I am not sure If I will be opening up my shop today....

O

orgg

*(nort!)*

*cough* (yawn!!)

Is it just me, or is Spiderman looking a bit hairier than usual?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Why, because I didn't shave? :confused:

I only accused you Limited because I wasn't getting a good feel from any of the others and you were the only one to remain silent. I really didn't have any strong feelings about it - if I could have voted "Nobody", I would have...

E

EricBess

How does one go about not drawing attention to themselves? That's really the question that needs to be answered when trying to hunt out a werewolf.

Well, I hearby will draw attention to myself. What have I to lose? I'm neither wolf nor investigator, just a traveller who is likely getting beyond his travelling years anyway.

By accusing someone outright, you tend to draw attention to yourself. Now, someone has to get the ball rolling, so this isn't enough on its own. But in general, if you can accuse someone without making it seem like you are accusing them, then that's the strategy to go for.

Thus, my previous vote for Zigathon. He joins the conversations, adds his opinions and comments, but when he finally does offer his opinion on who might be the wolf, he casts suspision in three different directions - Melkor, sageridder, and me. He says we have the most suspicion hanging over us already. Okay, I don't disagree that there was suspicion surrounding Melkor and sageridder, but the suspicion on me was raised at the moment.

The fact that I was the third man made no difference. In fact, were I a werewolf, drawing attention to myself after this supicion would be dangerous.

If Zigathon is a wolf, then there could be a ploy, throwing out 2 non-wolves and 1 wolf. That would point to Melkor since sageridder is now dead, or myself... I think Melkor has too much pointing at him right now. He could be a wolf, but if so, he's going to be called out sooner rather than later. I tend to think for the moment that he's being set up.

So, that's leaves us with a second wolf, assuming I'm correct about Zigathon (and I've no special talents, so I could very well be in error).

Currently, I will vote my suspicion of a second wolf. That would be Mooseman. Why? Because there have been a couple of times when he went out of his way to agree with other people or to use other people's reasoning. He's drawn some attention to himself, which is un-wolf-like in general, but he was able to defer most of that suspicion by what could be viewed as "flattery". In other words, "if I agree with you for the reasons you yourself stated, you are less likely to throw your vote in against me."

Zigathon - earlier you claimed that me throwing up a "hunch" seemed odd to you, but you voted elsewhere. So, this time, I laid it out. I have no reason to suspect anyone except based on what we've seen and heard and at the moment, that's where my suspicions lie.

L

Limited

Well, EricBess, i must say you have a way with words. Your story seems doused in honesty and good intend, and I must applaud you for that. I cannot find fault with your argument, though it saddens me that you don't see things my way and recognize the real threat - Spiderman..

Melkor

Mooseman

Sageridder was hanged, but was not a wolf, while I agree that the wolves are probably not voting together right now, I'd say that we'll definitely find at least one wolf in the cadre that voted for poor sage. So that leaves Darthferret, Mooseman, and orgg. I'm going to go with my initial instinct, that has been bolstered by Ericbess.

Z

Zigathon

Perhaps Oversoul's death does seem a bit random. However, I think differently. I think it was done to prod us into doing exactly what we're doing now... suspecting everyone much more than we should.

Although I suspect everyone, the least of that suspicion falls on Mooseman and Spiderman.

Looking more closely however, we wondered who poor Oversoul made enemies with. The answer is Ericbess. Oversoul's remarks about Ericbess mentioning shame being the first sign would be an obvious reason for the wolves to eliminate him. Which would mean that I could be next, because I poked into that as well. That would also explain his voting for me "on a hunch." As for the second wolf... who backed him up in voting for me?

O

orgg

*yawn*

Well, when we hang Mooseman tonight, we'll see. If we don't catch a wolf, we'll have to hand EricBess tomorrow night, though. Those words might just come from pointed teeth.