Official Werewolf III thread

Z

Zigathon

Oversoul... I happen to like that idea. However, we shouldn't resort to rash actions and violence. How can we be sure to find the alleged werewolves? I would hate to see innocent lives lost as a result of an over reaction.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
** So, is your solution Genocide, Oversoul? ** :)
Why yes, it is. We kill all the werewolves and there won't be any around to kill us. It's genocide. What would you suggest?

E

EricBess

Well, call me a traditionalist, but standard practice is to hang a werewolf during the day. The only problem is trying to tell who the werewolves are and who they aren't, but careful observation reveals them every time...

Well.....

Almost every time...

D

DarthFerret

Yes, that may be true, but who are the culprits, as there appear to be more than one? What method can we go about using to decide who the werewolf is/isn't?

O

orgg

(from an alleyway beside the bar at which everyone is drinking)
*snort*

*smack, smack*

I see us hanging Darth Ferrett, and we'll watch everybody else and see who grins the mosssszzzzzzzzzzz.......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So no one has a clue on how to identify these werewolves? EricBess, you said you had some dealings or experiences with them or studies them? Can you share anything?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
orgg said:
(from an alleyway beside the bar at which everyone is drinking)
*snort*

*smack, smack*

I see us hanging Darth Ferrett, and we'll watch everybody else and see who grins the mosssszzzzzzzzzzz.......
You know something?
If not, keep your sleep laden mutterings to yourself.

He sees things sometimes, since most people take him for a pile of garbage, but I'm not sure he knows what it is he sees half the time, or if he's asleep or awake.

Coffee orgg?

Melkor

Everyone is sitting around, wringing their hands, worrying about what to do. We all know what to do, accuse the werewolves and string them up from the highest tree. It's clear that Mooseman is attempting to get us all drunk so that we can't discover his wolfish nature. *takes a shot of whiskey* Well that won't work on me. It's time to sober up and face the truth. Mooseman is a wolf, notice how he's talking a lot but not actually accusing anyone, that's cause he's nervous, he wants somebody accused but he knows he can't do it himself. We have very little time to save us all from the terrors of the night.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Melkor said:
Everyone is sitting around, wringing their hands, worrying about what to do. We all know what to do, accuse the werewolves and string them up from the highest tree. It's clear that Mooseman is attempting to get us all drunk so that we can't discover his wolfish nature. *takes a shot of whiskey* Well that won't work on me. It's time to sober up and face the truth. Mooseman is a wolf, notice how he's talking a lot but not actually accusing anyone, that's cause he's nervous, he wants somebody accused but he knows he can't do it himself. We have very little time to save us all from the terrors of the night.
Nice, Illogic.......
mooseman said:
Coffee orgg?
Coffee is getting people drunk...... hahaha

Why do you point your finger? Afraid your secret will be found out?

Yes, rant and rave and ignore the wisdom of Spiderman, EricBess, Zigathon and even the Ferret.......

If I hear anymore babbling out of you, I'll string you up myself and see if that sobers you up and shows your true colors.

E

EricBess

Well, one way is to sit around until dark and watch as they turn into a werewolf. Turns out they are pretty strong and the last town with a werewolf envasion of more than one wolf ended up with exactly two survivors after the first night...and they got hungry after a while, if you catch what I'm saying.

Nope, best to be safely bolted behind locked doors at night until the threat is over. Only problem is that if they focus their effort, the locks aren't going to hold much. Still, one's usually enough to sate their appetite and they are too lazy to kill when they aren't hungry anymore unless it's made easy for them.

Z

Zigathon

So, what should we do about this?
EricBess, you seem to know quite a bit regarding werewolves... care to shed a bit more light on the subject? Perhaps you can say something to stem the tide of the wild accusations already being made by some of us.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, well then, I think the only thing there is to do, is ask where everyone was last night?

I myself, closed up my shop at the normal time, polished a few of my select peices, and then came to Mooseman's here for a while before heading off to my pillow. I do have to be up rather early in the morning to open up my shop, and prepare my wares. I was not the last to leave here last night, so cannot really say who was and was not here at any given time...

S

sageridder

Well untill someones hung and we see peoples reactions tiss all so much hot air. I have no evidence, or insight but it has to start somewere so I'll go with a gut feeling. He just seems to defencive, and to upset at someone voting for Darth Ferret. Why get so upset at someone else getting voted for if they're not your partner?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess: Ugh, that doesn't help. I thought you might have heard of some way to find out who the werewolf is NOW, during the day. Waiting until night when they actually become one is a bit too late...

As for last night, I'm pretty much the same as DarthFerret. I came in from working in my field, had a drink at Mooseman's, and went to bed.

E

EricBess

Well, yeah, there is a way during the day, too...but unfortunately, it's not too much better. Turns out if you hang a werewolf, they will revert back to their "natural" form. In towns where this has been tried, it has had mixed success. Frequently, towns are able to erradicate their werewolf problem using this method.

Unfortunately, if it turns out that the "werewolf" isn't a werewolf after all, it's not such a joyious occassion.

I will say that in all cases I've ever seen, the werewolves will usually continue feeding each night until they become extinct or until they have no more food and have to move on. So doing nothing isn't a great choice, either.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, that's not what I meant either. I guess I thought there might be a way to find out before the hanging so you know you're hanging the right person, as opposed to an innocent. But I guess not.

So it's all luck of the draw then...

D

DarthFerret

Well, I see that Sagerider there does not want to explain where he was last night, however is ready to try and identify not one, but 2 wolves. hmm...something to hide have we? Or are we just a little misguided in our thoughts?

B

BigBlue

The Bells toll 3pm. Tomorrow will mark a vote to determine which of you shall be hung as a werewolf.