Official Werewolf III thread

O

orgg

So limit the info the wolves can share?

How about this: The wolves submit a list of the people playing in the order they want to kill(and that changes every 'night.'). Then the first "match"

Say Aaa, Bbbb, Cccc, Dddd, Eeee, and Ffff were not wolves. the lists could look like:

Wolf 1
Cccc
Eeee
Ffff
Aaaa
Bbbb

and Wolf 2

Aaaa
Bbbb
Cccc
Dddd(etc.

However many players there are, the top slot is worth that many 'points,' and the point totals go down each slot.

Thus, in this situation, Cccc would have seven points, and the wolves would eat Cccc. More work for the Mod, but maybe it'll help. The wolves should also be told who each other are.
Make sense?

L

Limited

Or maybe, we should all PM more.. If you are an investigator and you have spotted a villager, tell him so. He can help you plant information without you obviously revealing your role..

Maybe people could get tricked with PM's (heh heh)

Melkor

I often just discount the possibility of the seer, because they just seem to get eaten and hanged early so often. However, I think that we could definitely implement a change where there were two seers, one for each wolf. We should definitely discontinue converting, both because it robs villagers of information and a vote. I think it might be fun to allow the people who are investigated to know who the seer is. I think that even letting a wolf know would be fine, because it would force the wolves hand, they'd have to try to get the seer that day, and the seer would also have to get the one he knows that day. Would create some great arguments, and give the other villagers more information. Although, if we were to allow the seer to be seen then we should keep it at one seer.

B

BigBlue

The trouble I have with PM's in the game among players is fraud.... They have to start with the mod... you could have a wolf PM another player saying, "Hey, I am an investigator and I investigated you last night..." If he hits the actual investigator... then it's extra bonus as the wolves now would know who the seer was...

They have to start from the Mod... And have to be sanctioned... when I played the first round, I did PM the wolves once I knew who they were... but that was different because every one of us knew who we were.... so, it just made it more fun taunting each other... I kept the mod (EB) in the loop however by including him in the PM recipients...

In retrospect as I've already mentioned, conversion was a mistake... I kept thinking a wolf would be hanged early and the conversion would prolong the game since we had more players than before... perhaps only allowing conversion if a wolf gets the noose the first night...

E

EricBess

I think the PM thing is a bit much. I do agree that letting the wolves PM each other gives them an advantage, but I'm not clear on how big of an advantage. Any PM'ing is "honor system" anyway, but I agree that we should at least introduce rules.

I'm going to start a new thread and explain how I want to run the next one in a bit...(maybe half hour). I don't know when we'll start it yet, but that can be subject to a vote or something.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I think the wolves should know who each other is, but all PM's should go through the mod.
Just try to think about how the game is played live and keep it close to the same.
The idea of the silver bullet is okay, but that should be done durig the day so that everyone can use that information. The only problem is that that person is definately not a wolf.....hmmmmmm......
The turning of a villager to a wolf is not a real good thing..... maybe only after a wolf has been hanged and then only if there are a lot of players.....
I like the idea of a NPC dying the first night, it allows everyone to have a chance to live through the first day. Hanging someone the first day without much info is a part of the game.

Z

Zigathon

Sorry I've been away lately. I spent the last few days at a friend's place riding a bike to work.

I just thought I'd drop by and say good game everyone. I just biked twenty miles home after two twelve hour days at work... I'm going to bed.