Multi-player Magic! (possible Chaos)

T

train

Wicked - you have to choose and discard a land card or sacrifice mox diamond...

I don't have anything to play...

W

WickedBoy6

Eureka Roll errata: **The cards are just put into play. They are not cast, and so they cannot be countered, will not trigger "gain 1 life when" or other effects (such as the Verduran Enchantress) that can only be used when a spell is cast. [Aahz 09/02/94]

I thought that meant that the Diamond could be casted without needing to sac a land. If not, I'll take back that one. Spidey, do you wish to lay any permanents down?

T

train

Eureka Roll errata: **The cards are just put into play. They are not cast, and so they cannot be countered, will not trigger "gain 1 life when" or other effects (such as the Verduran Enchantress) that can only be used when a spell is cast. [Aahz 09/02/94]

The ruling is based on caasting a spell... which is an obsolete term now... Verduran Enchantress triggers upon playing a spell now...

The current wording of the ruling would read as:

**The cards are just put into play. They are not played, and so they cannot be countered, will not trigger "gain 1 life when" or other effects (such as the Verduran Enchantress) that can only be used when a spell is played. [Aahz 09/02/94]

But CIP effects will still trigger, Much like a sneak attack still causes the crater hellion to trigger, even though it is "put" into play...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree with train.

I'll put down another Mt. (for some reason I thought it stopped after one player declined after it had cycled through all of us once).

T

train

Spidey - any idea why crystalkeep is down... they have been for going on 24 hours...:confused:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Beats me. I noticed it yesterday. Maybe they're re-vamping or doing a major update to the site or something...

T

train

Heroes of Ardania has a new release... gnomes and dwarves have construction jobs, and you can even take a job as a guard at the gate... along with other changes...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know. I've been on since 6:30. :) Most of heros are 30th level though and don't need that stuff.

Crystalkeep is also back up.

W

WickedBoy6

Okay, so the current field looks like this:

Train
Life: 15
Cards: 1
In play: {Forest, 3xSavannah(W x2, G x1), 2xVec Township(W,G)}T, Exploration, Fervor, Angelic Chorus, Howling mine, Hermit Druid(1/1)
GY: Replenish, Scars, Forest, Brushland, Hermit druid, Howling mine, Equal Treatment, Wrath of God.
RFG: Angelic Chorus

SpiderMan
Life:5
In play: Islandx3(T,T,T), Mtx5(T,T,T), Thawing Glaciers(T), Shivan Dragon(5/5, flying, firebreathing)
GY: Clone, Volcanic Island, Recall, Disintegrate, Lightning Bolt, Mahamoti Djinn, Strip Mine, Disintegrate, Sol Ring, Control Magic, Island
RFG:

Wickedboy6
Life:13
Cards: 4
In play: 2 Sw(T, T), Bayou(Green, Black T), Symbiotic Wurm(7/7, 7 1/1 insects in play when sent to GY)
GY: Demonic Tutor, Buried Alive, Living Death, Forest, Avatar of Woe, Black Lotus, Verdant force, Greven Il-vec
RFG: Spirit of the Night

W

WickedBoy6

K, untap, drawing, tapping both bayous to play Wall of Souls. Done.

Train
In play: {Forest, 3xSavannah(W x2, G x1), 2xVec Township(W,G)}T, Exploration, Fervor, Angelic Chorus, Howling mine, Hermit Druid(1/1)
GY: Replenish, Scars, Forest, Brushland, Hermit druid, Howling mine, Equal Treatment, Wrath of God.

SpiderMan
In play: Islandx3(T,T,T), Mtx5(T,T,T), Thawing Glaciers(T), Shivan Dragon(5/5, flying, firebreathing)
GY: Clone, Volcanic Island, Recall, Disintegrate, Lightning Bolt, Mahamoti Djinn, Strip Mine, Disintegrate, Sol Ring, Control Magic, Island
RFG:

Wickedboy6
In play: 2 Sw, 2 Bayou(Green T, Black T), Symbiotic Wurm(7/7, 7 1/1 insects in play when sent to GY), Wall of Souls(0/4, when dealt combat dmg, deals equal dmg to opponent)
GY: Demonic Tutor, Buried Alive, Living Death, Forest, Avatar of Woe, Black Lotus, Verdant force, Greven Il-vec

W

WickedBoy6

Train's Roll: ChaosMagic Roll (#145): ''Truce'' - Each player draws 2 cards. For each card less than 2 drawn, that player gains 2 life.

I choose to draw 2.

W

WickedBoy6

I don't think it would matter, it all resolves the same, unless otherwise stated in the roll.

I'm assuming, you're going to take the 4 life, Spidey. :)

T

train

Let me come down form heaven for a second... drawing 4 cards for no reason is just cool...

draw 2 - for chaos... untap, draw 2 for mine... activate hermit druid's ability... reveal howling mine, fervor, exploration, brushland, township, opalescence, titania's song, purging scythe, umbilicus, nevinyrral's disk, city of brass, divine sacrament, gemstone mine, scars, equal treatment, rainbow vale, hermit druid, hermit druid, titania's song, savannah, nevinyrral's disk, angelic chorus, opalescence, winter orb, scars, city of brass, divine sacrament, scars, township, fervor, opalescence, replenish, plains...

put plains into my hand and the rest into the gy... any responses from you guys...

Train
Cards: 6
GY: Replenish, Scars, Forest, Brushland, Hermit druid, Howling mine, Equal Treatment, Wrath of God, howling mine, fervor, exploration, brushland, township, opalescence, titania's song, purging scythe, umbilicus, nevinyrral's disk, city of brass, divine sacrament, gemstone mine, scars, equal treatment, rainbow vale, hermit druid, hermit druid, titania's song, savannah, nevinyrral's disk, angelic chorus, opalescence, winter orb, scars, city of brass, divine sacrament, scars, township, fervor, opalescence, replenish.

SpiderMan
RFG:

Wickedboy6
In play: 2 Sw, 2 Bayou(Green T, Black T), Symbiotic Wurm(7/7, 7 1/1 insects in play when sent to GY), Wall of Souls(0/4, when dealt combat dmg, deals equal dmg to opponent)

T

train

Tap forest and 2 vec township to play city of solitude... any responses...

Train
Cards: 6
In play: Forest(T), 3xSavannah(W x2, G x1), 2xVec Township(W,G)(T), Exploration, Fervor, Angelic Chorus, Howling mine, Hermit Druid(1/1)
GY: Replenish, Scars, Forest, Brushland, Hermit druid, Howling mine, Equal Treatment, Wrath of God, howling mine, fervor, exploration, brushland, township, opalescence, titania's song, purging scythe, umbilicus, nevinyrral's disk, city of brass, divine sacrament, gemstone mine, scars, equal treatment, rainbow vale, hermit druid, hermit druid, titania's song, savannah, nevinyrral's disk, angelic chorus, opalescence, winter orb, scars, city of brass, divine sacrament, scars, township, fervor, opalescence, replenish.

SpiderMan
RFG:

Wickedboy6