Multi-player Magic! (possible Chaos)

W

WickedBoy6

I have talked with BigBlue about setting up a casual multiplayer game, and he said it was all for it. Now, all we need to do is figure out some minor details:

Who wants to play?

Are we using RL Casual decks or a certain Type format?

What Multiplayer Format are we going to play (Free-For-All, Attack Left, Spell Range, etc.)?

Will it be Chaos (I haven't played a good Chaos match in a long time)?

Don't be shy, post if you want in.

T

train

Describe chaos... I thought we were already in chaos... that's why we're here right?...

Count me in...

I say we go all out type one - with no recursion and no banned restricted... except for ante, and "dexterity" cards...

:D :cool: :D

B

BigBlue

I'm all for it...

The first MtoA was Tribal 1.5 Free-for-all which worked extremely well.

I'm open to anything. I don't care what the format is. I'd prefer type 1 or 1.5 to standard or extended. But, I'll go with the consensus.

W

WickedBoy6

Chaos Magic is Magic with a whole new element of excitement thrown into the mix to make games much more fun and interesting.

Before the game, you roll a d20 that determines what's called an EnchantWorldLand. An EWL has an effect on the entire game, and cannot be destroyed unless otherwise stated on a Chaos Roll. Before Every untap Phase, players roll a 1D200 (200-sided dice), and that determines the Chaos Roll. A Chaos Roll could be anything: Ancestral Recall, Pestilence, a mini-Disk (Every player sacs one creature, artifact, & enchantment), or dozens of other abilities.

Check out the official rules and roll lists here: The Chaos Magic Homepage

So far, it's Me, Train, and BigBlue, I believe SpiderMan also wanted in. The Type is so far Type 1, with the possibility of no Restricted/Banned list, though that might make the most degenerate decks this side of Black Lotus/Wheel of Fortune. Any Opinions on going Chaos?

W

WickedBoy6

K, so so far it's me, Train, BigBlue, and SpiderMan.

Three votes for Type 1 (One vote for no banned/restricted), one undecided.
Two votes for Chaos Magic.

I think us four would do just fine. I don't want to get it TOO big, or else it might slow play tremendously. I could always run a second game for others later, this is just a test-run.

T

train

Okay...

*looks at opening hand...*

I'll offer you all a draw... since if not accepted I'll win!...:p :p

Just a note - I mentioned no recursion for a reason - everyone should be able to play...

It wouldn't be fair if a recursion like the one i had against wicked happened, and everyone else never played again...

W

WickedBoy6

TRAIN! We haven't started yet. Besides, How are you so sure your opening hand could beat mine? ;)

I wanted to see if everyone was cool with the standings of Chaos, Type 1, and order of play before we begin.

W

WickedBoy6

Just for that, you go last! J/K.

I'll go last, but everyone else can choose. I'm thinking of a number between 16 and 72. PM me or post your guesses here and I'll post the order.

T

train

(I guess you can multiply it by 4, so 44)

(smiles, 'cause BB knows what he's talking about...)

W

WickedBoy6

I still need BigBlue's number, but if you want, we can begin this tomorrow.

B

BigBlue

SORRY. 23.

So, we are each responsible for our own decks? meaning we'll draw our own cards and whatnot?

Ok.

But, if you are going to start this that quickly, I will have to bow out. I will be busy all day for the next week and only be able to check in periodically. I don't want to hamper the rest of the players. I'll jump in next round though.

W

WickedBoy6

My number was 37!
"37! My Girfriend sucked 37 d[censored]s!"
"...in a row?"
Okay, well we can wait until next week to begin, or someone can take BigBlue's slot and begin this match this week. I'm trusting everyone can handle their own cards.

EnchantWorldLand rolled: EnchantWorldLand Roll (#20): ''Rainbow Vortex'' - Basic lands may produce any color mana. When a non basic land comes into play, it's controller chooses a color of mana that land can produce. That land loses all other abilities.

Train
Life:20
Cards:
In play:
GY:
RFG:

SpiderMan
Cards:
In play:
GY:
RFG:

???
Cards:
In play:
GY:
RFG:

Wickedboy6
Cards:
In play:
GY:
RFG:

T

train

EnchantWorldLand rolled: EnchantWorldLand Roll (#20): ''Rainbow Vortex'' - Basic lands may produce any color mana. When a non basic land comes into play, it's controller chooses a color of mana that land can produce. That land loses all other abilities.

Play forest, play exploration, play savannah... done

Train
Cards: 4
In play: Forest, Savannah(white), Exploration
GY:
RFG:

SpiderMan
Cards:
In play:
GY:
RFG:

???
Cards:
In play:
GY:
RFG:

Wickedboy6
Cards:
In play:
GY:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Before every untap phase you roll a D200 to get a Chaos Roll? What should we use to roll a D200 and should train have rolled one before his turn?