MrXarvox's new RPG thing. It has pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Going against my better nature but because I'm not that headstrong and with allies of unknown abilities...

I'll look for a large piece of rubble to get under, at least until I can disguise myself in some of this peasant clothing.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Dark Seraphim casts a spell, turning himself into a pile of rocks.

B

BigBlue

I was just thinking along those lines myself. . .

Seeing as how we've no time to change at this juncture. I'll try my best to blend in. Then when the Angel's gone I'll be changing into something more . . . provincial.

I'll at least take my hat off, it is probably the most conspicuous.

For those who care, my holsters are under my duster, and currently my 2 regular pistols are in pockets of the duster until I find a place to stash stuff.

"Madam Kano, when this angel leaves, I wonder if I could bother you for a place to stash some stuff where it'd be safe."

M

MrXarvox

**About Dark Seraphim's spell**

"Well now, that sure was interestin'!"

**To the Kid**

"Sure, we got boxes and bags and such"

<The air becomes stale as the angel swoops down to make its inspection. It seems to be made out of tendrils of white light interspersed with deep black patches of darkness. It is wearing a gold mask and looks to be carrying a huge sword made out of either ruby or some kind of deep red glass. Its face appears to be somewhat insectile though the mask obscures most of it.
The angel passes only a short distance overhead and then is gone through a cloud. A moment later, however, it reappears and begins to circle the area. Two more appear in the sky nearby.
When they reach the first, all three descend down to the ground and hover majestically before Kano. They speak simultaneously.>

We sense tension here. There is something you are trying to hide from us. Reveal this thing you hide or we will slaughter your entire village.

Kano replies:
"We've.. got nothing here.. except for some rocks, m'lords. Y-you know how you angels frighten us. We're ... but poor worker folk. "

We disagree. You lie to us, old woman.

The three angels simultaneously raise their swords into the air as every member of the village stares, terrified. Some are trying to sneak away...

E

EricBess

"Tension? Of course there's tension. What do you expect. You come here, threatening to destroy the village and you don't expect tension? Isn't that choice.

"Fine, you want to know what's being hiden? I'll tell you. There was an unauthorized child born. Destroy the village for this is you must, but let the poor kid live, for goodness sake."

M

MrXarvox

The angels lower their blades and turn to Norm.

Speaking of things which are not authorized, we do not recognize you. What is your business and where have you come from? Do not lie to us.

One of the angels stays to hear Norm's response, and the other two begin ripping the roofs off of the peasants' shanties, looking for the child.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm waiting to see/hear how things play out, but if it comes to conflict I'm ready to Flame On! and spring into action with a handful of fireballs.

E

EricBess

"Me? Well, I'm no one to be triffled with, that's for sure. But you'll never find the baby around here. It's already been taken to the Tower of Light. I'm sure Kivver won't mind you tearing that up to find the child. After all, very important that, isn't it?

"Truth is, Kivver's been looking for me and my friends for some time now. Hush hush and all that. Congratulations, you found us. You should probably tear us limb from limb. Of course, I think Kivver mentioned something about wanting to deal with us personally. No matter, I'm sure he'll understand. He's really understanding that Kivver, isn't he. Very lenient with insubordination and that sort of thing.

"Guys, we've been found out, might as well pop out here and take what's coming to us.

"What was it Kivver did to that last chap that tried to deal with us directly. No matter, I'm sure even a slow death must be finished by now. Well, here we are, have at us."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'm doing the same as Torch, I'll lay low, but if any trouble starts, i'll disperse my spell and slash some angel:cool:

B

BigBlue

As the crowd slinks off, I'll put my hat back on, and walk up alongside Norm. I'll carefully study this . . . Angel.

Has Kano left with the others, or does she stand with us?

And, like the Torch, I'm prepared to draw. After a bit, I'll light a cigarette, and see what the angel's reaction to flame is, does it fixate for any time on it?

M

MrXarvox

**Kano is leaning against a rock, frightened half to death**

An interesting little ploy you have there. A pity that you don't have any idea how we do things around here. We are all parts of Kivver, his avatars. What we see he sees, and what we know he knows, and vice-versa. If you say you are taking the child to the Tower, we know that you lie, for no one but the wretched Mazzak has ever walked into the tower's shadow and lived.
It is Kivver's will now that you die, and believe us, we know.

The angels stop ripping stuff apart and converge on the spot where Norm and the Kid are standing.

**time for some angel-whupping!**

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Dark Seraphim disperses his spell and lunges at the nearest angel. When his sword impacts, he sends a lightning spell through the blade into the creature.

E

EricBess

***I'm not ready to give up the ruse quite yet :D***

"Mazzak, yes indeed. Mazzak himself has sent us, and has masked us from your knowledge. Only Kivver himself, incarnate, is powerful enough to know of us, and just barely. Mazzak keeps him from passing this information along.

"Of course, I could be, as you say, bluffing. Perhaps the first I've heard of Mazzak is what you just said. But then again, you have no idea who we are, do you? So I could just be telling the truth. Probably not though. I mean, we all know Mazzak is more powerful than Kivver, but why would he bother?

"So, I am most likely bluffing. Too bad Zhyanno isn't here to ask, isn't it? She could set the whole thing straight... Oh, but that's right, she was tossed into the void, wasn't she. No reason for Mazzak to be upset at that..."

B

BigBlue

Standing here with Norm. . .

Seeing as he has not taken any sort of defensive posture, and also that he appears to have no visible means of attack or defense, I'll go ahead and allow him to attempt to continue the parlay and . . . Casually put my hands on my pistols. I'm not drawing them, but they will be quickly accessed if need be. If the Angel or angels begin an attack on Norm, I'll open fire in hopes that He can safely duck from harms way.

No reason Norm should be sacrificed.

Oh, and my first pistols will be my own. Seeing as how I haven't fired the **new** ones, I'm not sure how well or if they work, always trusting my own. After this, I'll be testing my new firearms out.

My main goal is to protect Norm and Kano. Then Kill the Angel's if need be.

**Yes, I trust no one. Least of all the Destructor.**

**And hopefully since they are all part of a collective, injuring one will have an effect on Kivver.**

M

MrXarvox

<Kano takes the mention of Zhyanno's name like a slap in the face. She straightens up a little and slinks away>

Mazzak indeed! That you know of Zhyanno is of no consequence. You may well have been sent by Mazzak, but if that is the case we have even more cause to kill you. There is no place for the lackeys of our enemies here. Now, you die."

<The angels rush at the party with swords raised, a glint of madness in their compound eyes.
Suddenly one of the angels balks. A blade flashes through the air from behind it and severs its head with one stroke.>

"For.. my... daughter..."
Kano stands atop the angel's fizzling body, panting. She is holding a sabre that appears to be made out of obsidian.

<The Human Torch and Dark Seraphim (and, I'll assume, Crush)leap out and begin attacking the other two angels, while the Kid blasts at them with lead. Norm stands there, amazed at what he just saw Kano do, and then gets behind a rock and watches the melee.

Round 1: ( :D )
The Human Torch's fireballs seem to only temporarily injure the angels, so he stands back and blasts at them.
Dark Seraphim plunges his sword deep into the side of one of the angels, who, with the discharge of lightning, falls to the ground twitching. Its wings begin to fade but it starts to get back up, hissing. Part of its mask has come off, and underneath there is a face not unlike that of a cockroach; it is obviously insect but looks somewhat human.
Crush and the other angel are engaged in a heated duel. The angel, not used to fighting someone with a sword almost as big as its own, is not doing well.
They each parry and slash and parry and slash and thrust and parry and then, Crush brings down a stroke that chips a large chunk off of the Angel's sword.
The Kid's bullets are having rather the same effect as the Torch's fireballs, but they seem to knock bits off pretty well as long as they hit somewhere thin. One hits the unmasked angel, shattering one of its eyes. The pieces fall like shards of crystal.

Round 2:
The unmasked angel goes berserk and takes a final swing at Dark Seraphim, who dodges it easily. The Human Torch sends a fireball at the angel which explodes right inside the eye where the Kid had hit it before, and the angel's head explodes.
bits of molten gold and jagged pieces of glass fly in all directions, and one grazes Crush across the back.
Crush, not anticipating the sudden pain and not totally used to his new boots, loses his footing for a second and slips off of the stone where he was standing.
The angel that he was fighting doesn't hesitate and slashes towards Crush's fallen form. Crush rolls out of the way just in time and the angel's sword is stuck in the ground. Attached to it is its severed arm, and off of that slides a thin slice of flesh- two cuts were made.
Kano and Dark Seraphim are standing facing each other, swords crossed. They both look slightly surprised.
They stand there for only a second, because the angel wheels around and flings its bulk at them, catching Dark Seraphim and crushing him against a wall.

Round 3:

Dark Seraphim lies against the wall, blood running from the corner of his mouth. He grins with the previously mentioned Azreal trademark grin as the angel shoves its spiny gauntlet into his chest.
Simultaneously, Crush's broadsword impales the angel, and a couple of well-placed shots from the Kid leave it lying on the ground, motionless.

**YOU ARE VICTORIOUS! :p**

Kano speaks.
"Well, that's that I s'pose. Till those get here"
There is a visible cloud of dark shapes coming fast from the east.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"Bah!, that was almost a challenge"

*Dark Seraphim wipes the blood from his mouth and chest, as the wounds heal up instantly

"Guess I really am immortal *trademark Grin*"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Hmm, I'll figure out a better way to deal with these folk. But for now, perhaps we should beat a strategic retreat and 'disappear'. There's no telling how many angels there are and the fights will only serve as a distraction from getting to our real goal."

Status
Not open for further replies.