MrXarvox's new RPG thing. It has pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrXarvox

There is a desert.
Its sand is of a peculiar sort, packing under the feet as if it were just tiny little pieces of precisely cut stone. Around the horizon great, towering shapes loom and shimmer like mirages but never seem to have any specific discernible form.
It is the twilight hour and the great, red sun is just beginning to sink below the horizon, leaving a brilliant fiery pattern streaked across the sky. The entire scene is lit in red rom the sky and the landscape consists of a mound of rolling dunes in the center of a wide, flat plain. Atop the highest dune, at the center of the mound, is the silhouette of... something. Not a figure, not any familiar object...

**to all players- you just randomly appeared here. What shall you do?**

M

MrXarvox

since it didn't show up in the previous post for some reason...

edit: GODSDAMMIT! why will it not show up, it's small and .jpg and everything....

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Being Teleported across time and space, a gunslinger appears in a flash of bright light. He's wearing Denim Pants, a Long Trenchcoat, cowboy boots (complete with spurs), and a black shirt. He has a impeccably clean black stetson and 2 sixshooters in hand. He's cleancut and ruggedly handsome and has a bandana around his neck.

After assessing his surroundings he puts his pistols away and if it's windy pulls the bandana over his face to protect from the sand. Then he looks around and quietly observes the area's inhabitants.

"Whoa! What happened? One minute I'm about to ... Well let's just say this isn't where I'm from. The name's Johnny the Kid, what's yours?"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*A rift appears in the fabric of existence, a figure steps out from it. He is a Half Drow Half Demon fighter mage(I'll stick to fantasy, but I think its cool there's a gunslinger). He has Sliver hair, and his eyes are blue and yellow. He wears a grey tunic, his pants are ripped off at the knee, and strapped to his side is a massive broad sword. To top it all off his black cloak blows in the wind as he approaches the gunslinger.

"...The name is Dark Seraphim, but you can just call me D:)D )"

*Dark Seraphim surveys the desert

"I could've sworn I was going into a tavern to get a drink...but I guess I missed a step"(understatement of the year)

E

EricBess

"High on a rocky prometory sat an electric monk"

***Sorry, couldn't resist....Do I still get to play?***

A rather ordinary looking individual..."I am, I...Well, I don't remember who I am really. Very odd that."

M

MrXarvox

**a gunslinger. a drow/demon battlemage. an ordinary fellow of seemingly no consequence. an interesting trio.. others are welcome to join in later of course...**

The sky is getting very dark now but the clouds seem to be clearing up, revealing that there are no stars or moon in the sky.
Just as that thought crosses your minds, a few points of light appear and cascade across the sky, leaving the flat pan of desert bathed in the cool blue light of night.
The three of you are the only ones in sight. The desert around shows no signs of life, not even the scuttling insects and reptiles that appear in deserts at night.
A slight, cool breeze is blowing now.
While the three of you begin to converse about your origins, and that really cool thing that just happened with the stars, a glint from the top of the highest dune catches the eye of the amnesiac member of the party.

T

train

"Hey!!!, Hey you guys!!!, I've been looking all over for you...(a tall figure about 6'10" stumbles down the dune towards the group. He's wearing what looks like studded leather and carrying a a 5' broadsword. On his left arm is a metal buckler shield. His hair is black and long and he has a very muscular build. As he calls to them, he sounds..., dumb as a ox?!!) Hey guys wait up!!! (He suddenly trips over his own feet and rolls down the dune to land at their feet) He rises to his feet towering almost a foot above each of them and says"man It's great to finally get here... When you guys tell me you're going somewhere and using your planes/time/flying abilities, it just takes me a little longer to catch up... Don't worry though, I have our (beasts that Mr.X. wishes us to ride upon) just over that sand hill... Man I wish i could fly like you guys do!!!...(;))

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"Yeah.........ok"

*Dark Seraphim's attention turns to the ordinary fellow

"You...normal..person, what is it that you see?"

B

BigBlue

"Howdy Mr Crush, you sure are a tall fellow. I take it I'm not in Kansas anymore. I've been readin' that Frank Baum dude and his stories about Oz, but I never believed I'd be a part of one of anything like that. There wasn't even a Tornado that I recall."

"We'd better get somewhere where we can camp, I'd bet it gets mighty cold in these parts at night. Finding fuel for a fire will be hard."

**no plant life either? Like Cacti or sagebrush?**

"Perhaps we should go find these mounts and head towards that glint you saw, Mr. . . umm what was your name again? (to mr ordinairy)"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"I almost forgot about the "rides", well anyway I completely agree, Johnny."

M

MrXarvox

**whatever you say, train. (Crush must have some kind of delusional mental disorder in which he thinks that there are beasts to ride and also that the group was a group before)**

**tis a very, very barren desert that you're in... there may be life outside the pan that you're in, but presently you're all smack in the middle of nothing**

**Waiting for a response from the normal guy**

T

train

( I just got through watching Steven Kings "The Stand" and crush is a medieval spinoff of one of those characters... He's big, strong, and can fight, but he's dumb as an ox... )

M

MrXarvox

**ok. well there still aren't any steeds, nor did anyone do any planeshifting of their own free will, so having said what he did, the character looks, plot-wise, to be speaking untruths or nonsense non-sequitur**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** for something new for me... **

Another figure flashes into existence. He's dressed in a spandex blue suit with a white "F" emblazoned on the front.

"What the... Reed? Sis? Grimm? Are you here? And who are you guys?"

M

MrXarvox

**heh... and now we appear to have a superhero...this is quite the assortment of characters**

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"I think I'd like this place if it weren't for the frequent rain of people, that last guy almost landed on me"

heh. Flame on.

B

BigBlue

**What? Spiderman's playing a superhero and it isn't Peter Parker? We really need Bruce Banner to drop in next. All that and 2 cool guys named Johnny!**

"Buddy, why are you wearin your longjohns? Don't you wear clothes over 'em?" - to Johnny Storm

I'll spend 15 minutes or so looking for our **mounts** just beyond the hill.

"Umm. Mr. Crush, you did say there were mounts over here, didn't you? Did you fall and hit your head?"

I'll pull out a hip flask and take a swig, before lighting a cigarette.

**boy will this suck when I run out of supplies. You said anything goes. Perhaps we'll have a visit from a Time Lord. . .**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I eye the strange... "creature" that spoke.

"Uh, sorry dude. Wasn't my fault. One moment I'm helping my brother-in-law in the lab, next thing I know I'm here. This better not be one of his experiments gone awry..."

EDIT from BigBlue's post: ** Yeah, I figured playing SPiderman would be too obvious. So I took one of his buddies in crime **

"Hey, these are state of the art temperature adjusting costumes. Reed cooked them up for us during some of his downtime."

B

BigBlue

To Johnny Storm - **I just have to figure that to a western fellow, spandex jumpsuits look most like longjohns.**

"Well, I dunno who this Reed fellow is, but I reckon I'll be wishing I had a temperature controlled suit if we don't get some kinda fire going soon."

**Oh yeah, and considering we've not seen anything recent from Dr Ordinairy, can we just continue on to the glint without him?**

E

EricBess

***Some of us don't get a chance to post on Sunday, BB - And I'm on the west coast***

"Um, oh, hey...more people...Do I know you guys?

"Sorry, I was a bit distracted. Did anyone else see that? There appears to be something metalic on that sandbar over there."

Status
Not open for further replies.