MrXarvox's new RPG thing. It has pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"Not a problem, I said you almost landed on me."- to Johnny Storm

*Dark Seraphim flashes a grin that is trademark of all rpg characters played by Azreal:D

"Perhaps we should head in the direction of what Mr.., I'm just gonna call you Norm, since you don't seem to remember what your name is, anyway we should head in the direction of what Norm saw. At the very least it gives anymore people falling from the sky moving targets."

B

BigBlue

EB - Sorry no offense meant, I'm just impatient. And I'm on the same side of the country as you.

"Let's Roll. Head 'em up, move 'em out."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"So no one else is from here and no one knows how or why they got here. Sounds like the Secret Wars only no other superheros or supervillains.

Well, since the only point of interest is that thingie over there, I'll fly ahead and check it out. FLAME ON!"

I turn into a Human Torch and soar into the air, heading towards the thing.

E

EricBess

"Well, that was odd...I think," I shrug and start walking toward the Dune.

E

EricBess

Originally posted by BigBlue
Perhaps we'll have a visit from a Time Lord. . .
***BTW, I've already made such a reference BB. Bonus points to anyone that can figure it out, though***

M

MrXarvox

**As you approach the dune to check out the shiny thing, the ground shakes slightly. From where you are you can see the thing start to move. It emerges a bit from the sand as it begins to spin slowly.
As the party approaches closer to get a better look at it, they can see that it consists of a single central rotary shaft with small platforms jutting out from it. Each of these has a varying number of thin poles standing upright on it.
Suddenly the spinning begins to accelerate to the point where the whole of the object is blurred.
Inside the blur there is an object. A small, silvery, shooter-marble-sized ball.

Everyone is standing near the thing now, partially out of curiosity and partially because that spinning is generating a good amount of heat.
Spontaneously, Norm's hand shoots out to grab the object that is hovering at the center of the blurry form. Before anyone can stop him, he thrusts his hand into the blur and, to everyone's amazement, his hand isn't cut off by the whirring poles.
The hand passes through them like air.
As Norm's hand cups over the object, a huge section of the desert and sky suddenly cease to exist. The air becomes thunder.
Norm closes his fist around the object, and the world goes out like a light.**

**It is a strange feeling, floating without any support or indeed anything in sight. But every member of the party seems to be still standing here, though there isn't a one who does not have at least a slight expression of shock on his face.
And from all around comes a voice. It is like a breeze, that would be dismissed as such if there was anything around to distract from the true nature of the sound. It says:

"Greetyngs."

Every member of the group turns around, thinkign that the voice is from behind them, but find nothing.

"I'm right in front of you, you know."

Everyone looks.
There is a figure standing before them, or something resembling a figure. It seems to be made of light... no, not light... darkness that's bright.
It seems to hover, although there is no ground to hover above, and it appears to have large, shimmery wing-like things.
You can see its face now.
It has a faraway look about its expression, as if it is not only looking at you but also at your past and your future and every single thing that is in any way related to the deeds you have done and will do.

"You, the one that seems to be called Norm at the moment. You have there one of my favorite creations. That is the proof of my madness, and the evidence of my genius. Open your hand."

Norm obeys and the sky reappears.

"I call it the Divine Prism. I invented it just before the Catastrophe. It is a world spun from a point of light and a few ounces of silver and glass. Beautiful, is it not? I always thought the concept was exquisite, the ability to wear a world around your neck. Here, let me have that so that I can put it back in the Key."

The being takes the object from Norm's hand and makes its own transparent. The entire desert is visible again, and the figure puts the ball into the "key". The key slows down and when it has stopped, the ball is not visible anymore.

"Hmmm... I sense that you have questions as to just what the hell is going on here. Go ahead, time is no object at the moment."

E

EricBess

"Well, I must say. This day's just full of odd occurances. I'm positive I've never done anything like that before. Well....almost positive. Hard to say, really.

"You know, it's odd - odd that I should use the word odd so much also, but that's a bit of a tangent, isn't it? Odd that, while I have no idea who I am, where I came from, or what I am doing here, I really don't feel much of a compulsion to know such things.

"What I'd really like to know, if it's not too much to ask, is this - Where can I get myself a nice cheese and mutton sandwich? Does that seem at all odd to anyone?"

T

train

"Are you some sort wizard???" (The dumb expression on Crush's face gets more intense as he tries to figure out where the shiny 'divine prism' went...)

"Do you have anything to drink??? I left my waterskin somewhere... I don't remember..."
(Crush's face lights up as food is brought to his mind)
"Can I have a cheese and mutton sandwich too???"

B

BigBlue

"Umm. I'm pretty sure this isn't where I belong. Are you an angel?"

"What are we doing here? And maybe we should know where exactly here is. Did you bring us here? Is there something you want us to ..."

"Sorry, I always ask too many questions."

Johnny puts back his six shooters which he drew when the sky was going away, you get the impression he depends on them when he gets nervous. They are his security blanket.

T

train

"Johnny, if he were an angel he'd have that ringy floating around his head. He's some sort of Wizard-man, I think..."

B

BigBlue

"Crush, it seems an oxymoron that you use the phrase 'I think', heck you might even prove that Descartes fellow wrong . . ." :D

"I was referring to his wings."

M

MrXarvox

<to those requesting food>

"Why not? here, gorge yourselves."

**some sand blows away revealing a chest marked "emergency gluttonous adventurer food stash" with a note pinned to it that says "2 fresh cheese and mutton sandwiches, 2 large extra-cheese pizzas with a side of breadsticks, 1 patented bottomless keg of whatever you feel like drinking"**

<to those wanting to know the answer to the question: What the Hell!!?? as well as other queries>

"No, I am not a wizard or an angel.. I am Mazzak, a Vanniqaijano. A Half-God, that is. The ascended soul of a troubled being who knew where he was going when he died. I am sorry to say it, but your worlds have ended. Worse still, It was I who did the deed. Or... not so much I as a figment of I.
I want to make amends... and have my revenge on the one who drove me to such destructive madness. But to go to the world where I once lived would crush me... My grief at destroying so much of it is that great. That is why I brought you here... you, some of the strongest-willed beings I could have picked from.
I need you to go to the city of Izthano, which is probably being rebuilt even now. I want you to kill its creator, Kivver of the Swarm, who lives in a tower topped with an unending light.
My poor mind is so wracked with guilt... that I cannot set my mind to making new prisms for the worlds that I crushed.
It is the most I can do to plead with you. For the sake of your worlds..and the sanity of a Half-God... will you do this for me?
Perhaps I should explain further so that you know what you're getting into.
Kivver was once one of the omnipotent keepers of reality, a Forgotten. But people's beliefs in him as a god made him nearly human, and bitter, and thirsty for control. I lived in Izthano for most of the life that I led. My will was always too strong for Kivver to accept, for his realm was unstable as it was. There was a time when I built a ship- an airship- so that I could escape the city with my beloved, Zhyanno. But Kivver's swarms of "angels" tore it apart in midair, and Zhyanno fell into the Void.
It was then that I went mad with rage and guilt at myself for dragging Zhyanno into my scheme, and at Kivver for doing the killing.
First I made my own world... this one... and then I sundered all others in my wrath.
That is my story. When at least Kivver is dead, I will be able to set my melancholy self to recreating your respective worlds...
Though there will never be any hope for me now, as I am immortal.
So I ask you, will you do this task for me?"

T

train

To BB"Oh, well I thought birds had wings... and who's dee-scar-tees...."

"Ummmmm, Mr. Maz... uh..., thanks for the wonderful food, and a keg full of sweet lemonade!!! I sure is thirsty!!!"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Dark Seraphim looks at the strange creature, and ponders his words

"So let me get this straight, The minute I shove my sword through this Kivver guy's gullet, my world gets made anew? Alright I can deal with that...but I want immortality on top of my world being recreated**."

*Dark Seraphim stands waiting for the Half-God's reply

**ballsy ain't he:D **

M

MrXarvox

To Azreal: "You want immortality? You may find it quite boring after a while. But it can be done just as easily as creating a chest full of food. In fact, I will give you that right now- but beware, as Kivver is not that weak, and he and his minions still may be able to kill you."

**Nothing appears to happen, but Azreal, very subtly, has ceased to age**

T

train

"I'm full o' food now... let's go kick some Kivver butt!!! Oh, and if Dark Seraphim gets immortality can I have some boots that make me run faster? My old boots kind of hurt and I really need some new ones, please Mr. Maz...?"

**does Kivver sound like sliver?**

E

EricBess

"Well, I do say. That's quite a story you have there sir. Yes, quite a story indeed. Just to clarify, this guy Kivver, you and he didn't get along, then. So, you decide to leave and he doesn't want you to? So he tears your ship to shreds and your girl falls into...a void? Which is....? Just happened to be floating around at the moment?

"So, your girl's gone - I'm assuming she was otherwise immortal, too, being your girl and all - into this...void, and you get all pissy and stuff and decide, just for the heck of it, I think I'll destroy a crystal or two. Can't go back to beat up Kivver because...you destroyed the city...when? And it's got you all bummed out and such.

"Then, you take these destroyed worlds and...extract? Pull, download, what? to get us here. Then you say, 'Hey, remember me? I'm the guy that destroyed your world, got a favor to ask.'

"Did I miss anything?"

E

EricBess

Originally posted by train
To BB"Oh, well I thought birds had wings... and who's dee-scar-tees...."
***I think he said that out loud. It's pronounced "De-Cart" :p***

Status
Not open for further replies.