Mission 1: The Prisoner

Melkor

I'll get in the Hostiles suit, was the Hostile carrying any other weapons beside the grenades? If so I'll grab that too. If my communicator and the Hostiles are the same, then I'll just take that, otherwise, I'm going to need the one that train took. I figure I'll head to the airlock, make my way across, keep my head down. If the airlock door is open, then I go in and attempt to take the other ship by surprise, if I get contacted by the other ship then I'll try to pretend that the communicator is malfunctioning. The rest of our fighter types should hopefully be ready to spring into action to back me up if things go wrong.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Melkor said:
I'll get in the Hostiles suit, was the Hostile carrying any other weapons beside the grenades? If so I'll grab that too. If my communicator and the Hostiles are the same, then I'll just take that, otherwise, I'm going to need the one that train took. I figure I'll head to the airlock, make my way across, keep my head down. If the airlock door is open, then I go in and attempt to take the other ship by surprise, if I get contacted by the other ship then I'll try to pretend that the communicator is malfunctioning. The rest of our fighter types should hopefully be ready to spring into action to back me up if things go wrong.
The Hostile had the Grenades and the Laser Rifle. His communicator is unique, so you'll take that, too.

Melkor makes his way across the boarding tube and tries the airlock hatch on the Hostile shuttle. It's unlocked so he makes his way inside the shuttle's airlock chamber.

Melkor sees a single Hostile sitting behind a console in the forward part of the shuttle. He tries to open the door to the airlock chamber, to enter the shuttle, but it's locked. The Hostile glances over his shoulder, not recognizing Melkor behind the space suit's helmet. He then presses a button on his console and opens the airlock chamber door.

The shuttle is tiny, with two seats and consoles located in the forward part. The interior is about 3 meters wide by 6 meters long by 2.5 meters high. There is a storage closet on the right side of the airlock chamber.

The Hostile says something to Melkor, but he can't understand it.

Meanwhile, the Hostile onboard your ship is still very unconsious from the grenade blast. Oversoul forgoes sedation and treats the minor injury the Hostile sustained.

Melkor

If from what I know and have observed of sonic grenades, and I can use one in the confines of this small ship on the Hostile without it effecting myself, then I'll use that. Otherwise, I'll shoot the guy with the laser rifle. (Out of character: Is shooting a laser rifle on a space ship like shooting a gun on a pressurized airplane? Any other random things I would generally know about shooting guns on spaceships?)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Melkor said:
If from what I know and have observed of sonic grenades, and I can use one in the confines of this small ship on the Hostile without it effecting myself, then I'll use that. Otherwise, I'll shoot the guy with the laser rifle.
There is a risk of you being effected by the sonic grenade, but it's not much greater than the risk Spidey faced in the armory. But he didn't ask, either. ;) At any rate, when you use them, I'll have the people aware of it either cover their ears or find some way to dampen the effect. Because that seems pretty intuitive.

Melkor said:
(Out of character: Is shooting a laser rifle on a space ship like shooting a gun on a pressurized airplane? Any other random things I would generally know about shooting guns on spaceships?)
Short answer: No. I'll say that lasers are designed for this sort of thing and they won't cause any explosions or whatnot. However, a missed shot could possibly hit some important instrument or console. Non-sonic grenades and other actual explosive devices could indeed cause a very big problem.

Melkor tosses a sonic grenade and ducks back inside the airlock chamber. The blast knocks out the Hostile and he slumps unconsiously across his console.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo-hoo! Good going Melkor!

I assume I actually don't have knowledge of that since I'm back on our own ship so I'm just anxiously waiting results and praying nothing goes wrong... :)

T

train

I'm glad it went that way also, but was more than ready to test my stealth...

B

BigBlue

Who else can fit in the armor besides Melkor? If two of you can wear the armor... I'd say we take their shuttle down to the surface... If you can get 2 folks in the armor it'd make infiltrating their compound easier...

As soon as possible, we should fly this ship to the surface and keep ours out of sight...

Any more info from my further scans?

turgy22

Nothing Special
BigBlue said:
Who else can fit in the armor besides Melkor? If two of you can wear the armor... I'd say we take their shuttle down to the surface... If you can get 2 folks in the armor it'd make infiltrating their compound easier...

As soon as possible, we should fly this ship to the surface and keep ours out of sight...

Any more info from my further scans?
Just to clarify, it's not armor. It's a space suit. Melkor's the only member of your crew that has the approximate body size and shape of a Hostile, but even if you had him try to infiltrate the compound alone, other Hostiles might find it very odd that someone's wearing a space suit while walking around on the surface.

No further info from scans. Just to fill you in, all scans made in orbit will either be successful or not. If it's successful, I'll give you all the relevant info. If it's not, I'll leave a cryptic message to the effect of, "something went wrong with the scan" meaning that either you failed or there's something blocking it that makes it more difficult. In these cases, it will be worth trying again.

T

train

"Well... I'm going to search this patrol ship for anything I might find useful..."

begins searching...

turgy22

Nothing Special
train said:
"Well... I'm going to search this patrol ship for anything I might find useful..."

begins searching...
Melkor pulls out his communicator and tells the crew that the shuttle is secure. train scurries on over and begins inspecting the shuttle more closely. One of the consoles on the ship looks like it's for navigation, the other (with the slumped over Hostile) appears to be for operations. The unconscious Hostile is wearing a flight suit. train checks the pockets, but doesn't find anything. The Hostile does have a Laser Pistol in a holster around his waist.

train moves over to the storage closet and opens it. Inside is a Hostile space suit, a Laser Rifle and a portable communicator.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"All right guys, what do we do? Take the patrol ship down and pose as Hostiles on the way down? Obviously not landing on base... maybe pretend we're having trouble and "crash-landing" at or near the spot we want to be?"

B

BigBlue

Ahh... good point... I was thinking it was more like a uniform...

OK, well, since Thinkers would most likely be shot on sight planetside...

I don't particularly wish to be there... at least not in the compound anyways. I will try to help co-ordinate from outside and provide recon... someday I hope to have some droids...

Keep in mind Spidey.... None of us can speak Hostile... Has Skrath woken up from his sleep? Also, what is our mission again? To get him back to his village, or take him off the planet?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think our mission is to find/rescue his brother, who disappeared or was kidnapped by the Hostiles....

I guess the problem right now is what to do with the patrol craft. When they don't check in, presumably more Hostiles will come and check on it. So we need to be gone... we can abandon it or use it. Abandoning it might mean another craft coming to check on us, since the first didn't report in. Using it could mean we could travel down unchallenged, but we'd have to land somewhere else for obvious reasons, which means they still might check on the craft. Pretending to crash-land might prevent questions of why we're coming down to the planet, but I think they'd still send someone out to investigate what happened to the crew and craft.

So, any suggestions?

turgy22

Nothing Special
BigBlue said:
None of us can speak Hostile...
Yes, train can.

BigBlue said:
Has Skrath woken up from his sleep?
No.

BigBlue said:
Also, what is our mission again? To get him back to his village, or take him off the planet?
Your objective right now is simply to get him out of the prison.

train said:
So exactly how do we gain "XP"...
Any time you deal damage in combat or successfully perform an action that requires some skill, you'll gain experience. For example, BigBlue has XP for performing a scan of the planet, Oversoul for treating the Hostile, Melkor for piloting the ship and Melkor and Spidey for using sonic grenades. All the tasks have been extremely simple so far, so the experience is minimal, but almost everything counts.

Spiderman said:
Pretending to crash-land might prevent questions of why we're coming down to the planet, but I think they'd still send someone out to investigate what happened to the crew and craft.
Keep in mind that this is a planet and it's going to have ships coming in and out constantly. Depending on how often the patrol crafts "check-in" your ship might not have raised any red flags. A crash-landing is much more conspicuous and is much more likely to be investigated.

T

train

I'm sure I can speak hostile - but sound rogue, so I probably couldn't pass if had to speak to other hostiles from the patrol ship...

T

train

maybe we should kill the hostiles, set their ship on cruise... and then land with our vehicle... since we are past the patrol ship we may be past the "patrol line" and could land uninhibited...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If BigBlue isn't leaving the ship, then guess who else isn't.

We need someone to guard this hostile anyway...