Mission 1: The Prisoner

turgy22

Nothing Special
The tube connecting the two ships isn't pressurized, so it's nearly impossible for the sound to travel to the other ship.

It is possible that it went over the communicator, but the person at the other end hasn't said anything that might signal any concern. The communicator may have been turned off or require a button to be pressed in order to transmit a signal.

Melkor

Oops, I thought we were hiding in the crawl space. Oh well, too late now. How many patrol ships are in orbit that we know about? Additionally, do we know how to open the airlock on their side? How good are sensors and scanners in this galaxy? Would it be possible for us to shoot the Hostile ship, disable it, and then fly to the planet, elude the Hostiles, and hide the ship somewhere?

B

BigBlue

Good Point Melkor... I'll head to the bridge and check out our sensors.... At least we'll get some recon.... If time allows I'll also use whatever scanners I have available to scan for the location where the brother is being held...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Melkor said:
How many patrol ships are in orbit that we know about?
You're only aware of the one you've encountered. It is highly likely that there are more orbitting the planet.

Melkor said:
Additionally, do we know how to open the airlock on their side?
As long as their airlock is unlocked, it can be opened from the outside. If it is locked, it will require some technical expertise to unlock.

Melkor said:
How good are sensors and scanners in this galaxy?
Sensors automatically detect approaching vessels and foreign objects (e.g. ships, asteroids, etc), but won't give you any details. In most cases, it's going to be assumed that your enemy's sensors are equal to yours. So if you don't detect an enemy ships in the area, they won't detect you either.
Scanners take more time to run, but can give a detailed analysis of planets and foreign objects.

Melkor said:
Would it be possible for us to shoot the Hostile ship, disable it, and then fly to the planet, elude the Hostiles, and hide the ship somewhere?
Just remember that the two ships are still "docked" together. So if you shoot the Hostile ship, its docking tube and possibly chucks of its hull may still be attached to your ship. This could cause damage to your ship, and at the very least make it rather unsightly and conspicuous.
Eluding the Hostiles and hiding the ship are certainly feasible.
Also, I'm going to change something I said eariler. The docking tube between the ships becomes pressurized once it's in place. That way, not everyone will need a space suit to move from one ship to the other. (The blast from the Sonic Grenade still won't be heard on the other ship, though. The hull and closed airlocks will still muffle the noise.)

BigBlue heads to the bridge.

B

BigBlue

Well, I've got good news... There is another patrol ship, but it is moving out of sensor range...

Also, having scanned the surface there is a hostile camp close by where the rogue village is... it is obscured by jungle which is likely why the rogues haven't discovered it...

I say we restrain the hostile we have... he may be a bargaining chip later... also we should do the same with the other patrol agent.... Then I say we pilot the patrol ship to the surface... it may prove useful...

T

train

(comes into the area where the hostile is...)

"Lookey there... a communicator just for me..."

(stuffs the communicator in his backpack... places the laser rifle with the others, and then begins to "stealthily" move to the other ship in a "curious manner" if noticed... blade and grenade ready if anything happens... plans are to kill and capture the other ship...)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'll see about doing something with the unconcious hostile. After I get him restrained (with whatever it is we have for that), I'll examine his injury.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I like BB's plan. Having the patrol ship would be more advantageous to avoiding other ships. Maybe one of us (probably me) should pretend to be the Hostile and go back to the other ship and subdue him?"

If I'm in a suit, can I pass for a Hostile (I guess height-wise more than anything other).

T

train

will follow behind spidey if he goes so I have some sort of familiar distraction getting their attention...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spiderman removes the Hostile's space suit and finds too sonic grenades in its pockets. He tries on the suit, but finds that it is extremely tight on him and the helmet won't fit over his head.

Oversoul then restrains the Hostile with the ship's tow cable. It's not really designed for that purpose, but it will suffice. He examines the Hostile's injury, finding that an artery in his ear was burst.

Meanwhile, train waits impatiently at the airlock, anxious to try overtaking the patrol shuttle, but awaiting input from the rest of the crew before trying anything dangerous.

T

train

(How would the hostile's suit be tight on Spidey if they are typically bigger than humans? was this a small hostile?...)

turgy22

Nothing Special
train said:
(How would the hostile's suit be tight on Spidey if they are typically bigger than humans? was this a small hostile?...)
Spidey's a warrior. Warriors are significantly bigger than humans.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spiderman said:
So maybe train, as the Soldier, should try with me as backup...
train's a Rogue. He's about 2ft shorter than the unconscious Hostile and would likely be swimming in the suit.

Melkor's the only human in the crew and would probably be the closest fit.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well Melkor, you wanna try to pass off as a Hostile so we can try to gain control of the patrol ship?"

turgy22

Nothing Special
The suit's a bit baggy on Melkor, but it does fit.

I'll wait for him to see if and how he wants to go about moving onto the patrol shuttle and/or what he wants to take with him.

B

BigBlue

This may just work... I will return to the bridge and continue scanning for further patrol ships as well as obtain as much recon about that hostile settlement in the Jungle as I can...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If I can, I'll sedate the prisoner (the hostile we captured, not the one we are looking for) and then see if I can treat his injury.