How you guys ended up here

Discussion in 'Classic Questions' started by linsivvi, May 16, 2000.

1. K9Archmage He Might Be Giants

I signed up at 5 pm est. There is no way that the time difference is THAT much.

Hoipa
  2. Gerode Becoming a Lurker Again

Saw this site linked on StarCity in mid-summer, found the boards a month or two later, in the first or second week of September.

I think it says November, though Mitch insists that it is indeed October.
  3. Hawaiian mage CPA symbiod

Hmm... well Gerode can see it, and he does live in the same time zone as me...

IT SAYS NOVEMBER!!!
  4. dw51688 The Mad Scientist

I ended up here while trying to kill... no.... yes... AL GORE!
  5. K9Archmage He Might Be Giants

It says, OCTOBER! For charnel's sake. Really. All of us necromancers don't get enough respect and trust...

Hoipa
  6. DÛke Memento Mori

I'm not sure...I ended up here after a big-fat-all-around-fight at MTGnews. I got my butt kicked so hard (it's not even funny), and I flew...and landed up here...I still feel minor pain, but---
  7. train The Wildcard!!!...

i was looking up articles on Richard garfield and found theOrggs treatese...
  8. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Well, one of the techs fell asleep at the keyboard and woke up in a ditch by the side of the internet superhighway...

The CPA was the closest site and he called in the rest of us to check it out.

:D :rolleyes:
  9. Rooser Thread Necromancer

Ressurecting the thread!

I ended up here after reading my first Oscar Tan article and noticed his link to this site!
  10. Notepad Seffy Sefro

...I was browsing the second incarnation of the Dojo, and found a news item about the CPA. Never really cared too much about it way back then, but I never did forget about it either. Eventually, I was browsing all the Magic sites I remembered from the old days, and came to the CPA.

Now, I'm like a festering bunyon on y'alls rump. And I love it! :D
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That should be your new title "Festering Bunyon" :p
  12. train The Wildcard!!!...

Doesn't it hurt when I sit on you SeFRo?!...:p
  13. Zigathon Registered Nerd

Found this site over the summer on the MTGSalvation radar. Read most of the older articles and began looking through the forums.
    There's a smaller amount of folks on this site than most... and I tend to like things that way.
  14. Arix The Town Dragon

Browsing Wikipedia when I was bored, looked at the MtG article, saw the link, thought how great it'd be to find a place where I wouldn't be shot down as a "noob" just because I play casual, and voila. Here I am.
  15. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

You can all blame KJ..... haha
  16. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

I do not remember the user who showed me the site, but I had met him on another site and he refered me to this. After that, it was just an addiction. I have never been on a site like this before, and I love all the debates and ideas that are forthcomming from y'all!
  17. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Blame Jorael.
  18. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

I'd have to go with other...
  19. Killer Joe Active Member

I know I responded to this before but I'm too lazy to look it up but I think Ferret and Chaos Turtle guided me here.

Here are some other folks I brought here:
    ~Yellowjackoff
    ~HOUTS
    ~DUke
    ~Almindhra (and a friend of Ally's but forgot his handle but his real name was Matt)
    ~Youngbeard
    ~Mooseman
    ~REAL THING
    ~Arron Forsythe once visited here because I smack talked about Team CMU once and I didn't know he used to lurk here :rolleyes:
    ~Rizzo came once and I think it was because when he used live in the 'Burgh I talked to him about this place.
    ~Greylensman
    ~Wurmb
    And a bunch of others who posted remarks about front page articles like Gothis Sniper, Double D, and Blue Star Games owner Rich.
  20. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

So now we know who to blame for the flame wars.... hehe