Full 8th Edition spoiler!

T

train

The old mind bend looked better - and more in context with the name of the card...

As for the primeval force - that's a turn 3 8/8...

N

Nightstalkers

This one looked like crap even more than the old one. What are you talking about, Nightstalkers? The best of them was the one where the guy was setting up the tripwire. Much better looking than this YuGiOh looking art on the 8E one.
Is some guy getting burned to death with lava... :confused: :D

Just like to see that kind of pleasure on hims face :cool:

E

EricBess

I have mixed feelings about the Arcanix. In concept, it's kind of cool, but this thing is a total wrecking in practice. It had quite an impact when it was around.

Killer Joe

I really like the improved and more stramlined look 8th Edition has.

It's clean, friendly and most of all, NEEDED!

It's a fact that most people are quick to judge, & slow to change. I always tell the story of how "The Sky Is Falling" when people really understood that Mirage Block was rotating out of Type 2. The masses are quitting.

Or when colored symbols identified the rarity of a crad (mostly the oinkholes who ripped of little kids hated that one).

Jeezsh! How many of us were ready to quit when the 'Stack' was born in 6th Edition rules. I remember a few famous writers for the DoJo threatening to leave the game entirely noting that .\\agic had finally failed us all.

I hate that Counterspell is leaving but life goes on and I'll have to live without it.

I really hope there are some folks who appreciate what Wiz Co. is trying to do. I haven't read this entire thread yet but I plan to.

~Mark O.

T

train

I appreciate what they're doing with the set... not the design... Why would you want to look like other card games?...

"Yes judge - I know those are Borg ships... What do you mean: What are they doing in my main deck?..."

B

BigBlue

I guess I'd have to see the cards to make a proper judgement, but the artifacts sure look like white cards to me...

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by BigBlue
I guess I'd have to see the cards to make a proper judgement, but the artifacts sure look like white cards to me...
I can see that. The real white cards have a hint of yellow to them, and the artifacts almost look more white than they do. Go figure. But that yellow-hinted white is the same shade they've been using for years, just wish they made the artifacts a darker shade of silver.

R

Reverend Love

New layout or not that new picture of Merchant Scroll looks pretty craptacular....reminds me how they swapped out the old picture of Icy Manipulator for that horrid Ice Age Icy.

O

orgg

The Homelands expansion symbol is Ulgrothia, the planet on which Homelands takes place.

And for Gurilla Tactics, the new art might look alright, but for some reason it doesn't have anything to do with covert operatives and hidden traps.

R

Reverend Love

Well it's a theme they've obviously decided to begin developing starting with 8th. Whatever the title implies, the art should represent directly the opposite.

Ex.

Magic the Gathering

Following the new design theme adopted by WoTC the cards should neither look magical in nature or display a gathering of sorts. End results, something which looks more at home being inserted into an ATM then actual cards representing mystical spells.

Simply apply this schema to the current and upcoming generation of cards and it'll all make sense.

N

Nightstalkers

In stores now!

Magic the Gafering

A mystical game which takes place over your ATM, simply buy the packs, stick'em in your ATM's, and watch mystical battles take place right before your eyes!

HAR HAR HAR!

R

Reverend Love

Funds not Available, Unable to Process Transaction, Account Balance, Alan Greenspan Interest Emperor...all these and more await at your fingertips in Wizard of The Coast's (TM) MAGIC TEH GAFERING(TM)! Witness epic battles between the Overdraft Phalanx Protection and Splurge Demons. Take sides in the legendary Bear Vs. Bull plane of Profitopia. Can you master Finances for Dummies before it's to late? Try it now before the Bad Credit Report Pox strikes YOU!

I give'm 3 years before we see it......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Killer Joe
It's a fact that most people are quick to judge, & slow to change. I always tell the story of how "The Sky Is Falling" when people really understood that Mirage Block was rotating out of Type 2. The masses are quitting.

Or when colored symbols identified the rarity of a crad (mostly the oinkholes who ripped of little kids hated that one).
Heck, I remember people saying they were quitting when Ice Age was rotating out and Standard/Type II tourney-format was created :)

Jeezsh! How many of us were ready to quit when the 'Stack' was born in 6th Edition rules. I remember a few famous writers for the DoJo threatening to leave the game entirely noting that .\\agic had finally failed us all.
Don't remember that, but the 6th rules is apparently what started the impetus for creation of the CPA :)

R

Reverend Love

Is the new layout now a standard for all future sets or was this sort of a test run starting only with 8th?.....is there hope?