Full 8th Edition spoiler!

M

mythosx

i know people already said these things but i must reiterate.

no counterspell??? blue just ain't blue with counterspell
counterspell is the essence of blue
sigh....gumming up the works.

underworld dreams?????
underworld dreams?????
underworld dreams?????
whaaaaaaaaaa?

if anyone missed my ealier posts about banning cards...this is my point exactly...why you gonna release a card so powerful that you have no alternative than to take it out of the game. underworld dreams came from a long time far ago from a kingdom long long forgot about where the spells were powerfule that kiddies today have no clue what they are getting into when they step into type 1. lets keep it that way shall we? its made of the stuff of legends...

sigh...intruder alarm...sigh...

i always thought the core edition set were supposed to be filled with tried and true cards that filled up the rest of your decks... like serra angel, counterspells and sengir vampires oh my. To me these cards are wacky off the wall and now for a limited time you get to access insane powerful cards for several blocks until they release a new edition which is lord knows when...

im sititng looking at a few specific cards intruder alarm and underworld dreams mostly and i can't help thinking how people are going to stick those cards into 90% of the decks out there.

and a little piece of me died that day.
frank castle died that day, and the PUNISHER! was born, where is spiderman?!? oops...wrong site...regardless...im going through the same thing some one else did earlier....it hurts..it physically hurts to read that spoiler

are those pictures the pictures of the actual cards? what i mean is are they gonna change the borders now? i really hope not..the design has been tried and true for the last 10 years...don't screw it up man....marketing, its a marketing thing....please...oh dear god...i just want my cards to look similar...we all remember the fiasco with white border cards....come on hasbro, wizards...

N

Nightstalkers

First of all, we had a small part in the decision of most of the cards... Intruder alarm and underworld dreams to be exact.

we didn't get through with the Nightstalkers suggestion, nor the Priestess of titania & Thopter Squadron.

So I am going to leave a note on each of the design teams desks, every one the same, wax sealed old world envelope with the same unidentifiable handwriting. These notes point out the flaws in the design teams plan, and the rigging of the card design poll.

and after the downfall of M:TG, the accompanying notes with "I told you so." written on them.

And why should we help them ever again? Richard thought up White Knight, and Black Knight. They pull some Schtick with a Silver Knight... What is that? you don't do that sort of thing! now white is given an advantage over red and black. what does black have?

here's what they'll have to do just to even it out:

_______ Knight (B)(B)
Knight
First Strike, Protection from Green
2/2

T

train

But First strike, and protection are not in black's portion of the color wheel...;)

N

Nightstalkers

Wait until they start reprinting black, white, and silver Knights in the base sets.

E

EricBess

Between you and me, I'll take Intruder Alarm in the base set any day over Opposition. There was a card that should never have made a base set.

N

Nightstalkers

just gives blue a nasty bite, now doesn't it? :D

neat'o idea! play upwelling, float mana while opponent takes part and floats likewise, then use the mana, and disenchant the upwelling!

your opponent burns himself while you do something else!

R

Reverend Love

Opposition = Cheese...kinda. I have a friend bragging about how his Wizard deck totally rocked..using Opposition. I replied that a deck using 1/1 Clown tokens could totally rock if it used Opposition as well.

N

Nightstalkers

All base sets have white borders.

all other sets will have black borders.

anything else? I didn't catch the scandal.

Ferret

Staff member
And why should we help them ever again? Richard thought up White Knight, and Black Knight. They pull some Schtick with a Silver Knight... What is that? you don't do that sort of thing! now white is given an advantage over red and black. what does black have?

here's what they'll have to do just to even it out:

_______ Knight (B)(B)
Knight
First Strike, Protection from Green
2/2 [/B]
Why can't there be a Green creature w/ First Strike and pro-black or pro-blue? Equality! We demand equality!

-Ferret

"Llanowar Knight?"

N

Nightstalkers

its wierd when you think about how they started this odd little turn of events...

I think it all started with Prophecy?