Free for All!

B

BigBlue

Hey Azreal . . . Would you be up for playing in the MtoA IV... I'd love to play - assuming I can get someone else to administer the draft part and give out the shuffled decks... It's very easy if someone want's a lesson...

I'd really like to run that as an ongoing league for a couple rounds. What you do is redraft with your next opponent.

I think Rkoelsch is too busy to play for a while, but you could really join at any time... I'm also considering allowing the excluded cards as ante (first pick to the winner and an exclusion every round)...

T

train

spidey - you don't draw for the swords... a copy of that spell is put onto the stack - not played...

T

train

Edited spidey's draw that shouldn't have happened...

At end of Az's turn, tap a forest for green and leave it in my mana pool...

Untap, upkeep, draw, use eladamri's and green in pool to play city of solitude... pending spidey's approval... paying 1 from a forest so he doesn't draw...

Done...

Az: 23
Hand: 1
In Play: SB,Swp,{Swp,TF,TF}(T) Exalted Angel(4/5, flying, spirit link), Sarcomancy(during my upkeep if no zombies are in play I take 1 damage) Isochron Scepter(2,T:Swords)(T)
Graveyard: Dark Ritual
RFG: Negator
Mana Floating:

train: 13
In Play: Forestx3(T), Sol Ring, Eladamri's Vineyard(during each player's pre-combat main phase, add GG to their mana pool), Meekstone(bigger than 2 don't untap), Winter Orb(only 1 land untaps each turn), Ensnaring Bridge(creatures with power greater than cards in hand can't att.), Upwelling(mana pools don't empty - no burn happens), City of Solitude???
Graveyard:
RFG: Elvish spirit Guide, Elder
Mana Floating:

Spidey: 20
Hand: 6
In Play: Islandx2, Mtx2, Rhystic Study (when an opponent plays a spell, you may draw a card unless they pay 1),
Graveyard: False Demise, Disintegrate
RFG:
Mana Floating: GG

B

BigBlue

That is so my fault. . .

I'm very sorry for being a dirty oinker earlier...

**BigBlue stands up and pulls his head out of his oink and goes back to his corner.**

B

BigBlue

I was the one who said he'd get it the first time (a turn or three ago)...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'd be interested in playing BB. Is it Weatherlight draft?

B

BigBlue

It's Mirage Block League Draft.

You get one booster from each set in the mirage block. You take one card out of that leaving you 44 cards. You then combine your cards with your opponents and shuffle them... determine who goes first. that person chooses whether to pick first or choose play/draw.

reveal the top 4 cards and player 1 picks 1 card
player 2 picks 2 leaving player 1 the remainder.

reveal 4 more with player 2 picking first...

After the cards are all revealed you build decks with your drafted 44 cards and play a 3 game match.

Then you repeat the process with another player using your current cards.

The cards you removed are ante'd such that the winner of the match get's first pick - you then decide a new card to ante for your next match within your 45 cards... (this is my own new wrinkle).

This was the format in the first Arena League I played in back when Mirage was released.

Train agreed to administer our draft... So he'll get us our packs... I don't know how he'll select first vs second yet.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll Counterspell.

I was just going by what you guys said for the first Swords (although I did look it up and agreed that it sounded like I should draw), so I'll skip my next draw to compensate.

T

train

spidey - you do draw... I stand corrected, but had to research it first...

The ability on the scepter does play the spell, but it does this in breaking a fundamental rule while doing so - during the resolution of the scepter's ability... is when the spell is played...

That didn't seem to work right in my head and without looking at the scepter to start with(in this instance), I thought it said put a copy onto...

so you do draw, as the copy is played... though it's during resolution...:rolleyes:

:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap an Island, Draw, Island, Done.

Az: 23
In Play: SB,Swp,{Swp,TF,TF}(T) Exalted Angel(4/5, flying, spirit link), Sarcomancy(during my upkeep if no zombies are in play I take 1 damage) Isochron Scepter(2,T:Swords)(T)
Mana Floating:

In Play: Forestx3(T), Sol Ring, Eladamri's Vineyard(during each player's pre-combat main phase, add GG to their mana pool), Meekstone(bigger than 2 don't untap), Winter Orb(only 1 land untaps each turn), Ensnaring Bridge(creatures with power greater than cards in hand can't att.), Upwelling(mana pools don't empty - no burn happens)
Graveyard:
RFG: Elvish spirit Guide, Elder, City of Solitude
Mana Floating:

Hand: 7
In Play: Islandx3(one T), Mtx2, Rhystic Study (when an opponent plays a spell, you may draw a card unless they pay 1),
Graveyard: False Demise, Disintegrate, Counterspell
RFG:
Mana Floating: GGGG

B

BigBlue

So, the sceptre's copy can be countered? As well as Stifled?

Boy Train, you are a filthy oinker for making me feel really bad about being wrong... :D

Stuff happens, I'm glad it's been fully researched now...

T

train

Well... usually the cards in question are worded "put a copy, put into play..." etc..

Scepter had to break the norm, and the rules...

The copy spell can actually be played during the resolution of the ability, and if it isn't it the ability fizzles... it's like a modal resolution... you choose once activated...

Wizards even had to rule ahead of time that it did so - I only previously skimmed the FAQ.

Sad thing is, they could have saved everyone the trouble and just put a copy on the stack...

B

BigBlue

While you are waiting for Azreal...

Spidey, don't you have 3 Islands in play with one tapped, not 2?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Untap. take a damage, Draw. I'll play a swamp. i'll be done.
Az: 22
In Play: SB,Swp, SwpSwp,{TF,TF}(T) Exalted Angel(4/5, flying, spirit link), Sarcomancy(during my upkeep if no zombies are in play I take 1 damage) Isochron Scepter(2,T:Swords)(T)

In Play: Forestx3(T), Sol Ring, Eladamri's Vineyard(during each player's pre-combat main phase, add GG to their mana pool), Meekstone(bigger than 2 don't untap), Winter Orb(only 1 land untaps each turn), Ensnaring Bridge(creatures with power greater than cards in hand can't att.), Upwelling(mana pools don't empty - no burn happens)
Graveyard:
Mana Floating:

In Play: Islandx3(one T), Mtx2, Rhystic Study (when an opponent plays a spell, you may draw a card unless they pay 1),
RFG:

T

train

End of Az's turn - float 2 mana with the sol ring...

Untap, upkeep, draw, done...

Az: 22
In Play: SB,Swp, SwpSwp,{TF,TF}(T) Exalted Angel(4/5, flying, spirit link), Sarcomancy(during my upkeep if no zombies are in play I take 1 damage) Isochron Scepter(2,T:Swords)(T)

Hand: 2
In Play: Forestx3, Sol Ring, Eladamri's Vineyard(during each player's pre-combat main phase, add GG to their mana pool), Meekstone(bigger than 2 don't untap), Winter Orb(only 1 land untaps each turn), Ensnaring Bridge(creatures with power greater than cards in hand can't att.), Upwelling(mana pools don't empty - no burn happens)
Graveyard:
Mana Floating: 2-GG

RFG: