T

train

Si'NAt

"Well - let's see what we've got here..."

*begins roaming through the room picking up odds and ends...*

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"You lads look around in there - I'll keep watch out here in the hallway, dontcha know..."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"Devin stands stalwart. not letting his guard down for a moment."

T

train

Si'Nat

*closes his pack and stands with hands on hips...*

"Well guys - from what I can tell, there isn't much in here besides this trash we are looking at... anyone else find anything of interest?"

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem makes a quick scan of the room, sees nothing, and keeps his attention at the parties rear, where that cursed rat lies in wait!

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"Looks like junk to me... Not even a useful quill..."

Patrick stops looking through the papers after a few minutes of being unable to glean any useable knowlege from the papers on the floor.

"They might make nice kindling..." :)

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"I think this room might make a nice place to rest if we need to fall back... we could use the tables to barricade the door if need be... And we might check for concealed or secret doors"

Patrick walks along the eastern and southern wall looking for possible passages... (If I find any, just let us all know as I'll announce it Spidey)

Then Patrick goes out into the hallway, holding the torch high... And waits for the scouts to continue south...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As Patrick approaches the overturned tables in the southeast corner, three small dog-like humanoids leap up and swing at him with swords. One catches him on the arm while the other two miss him narrowly.

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"Yikes!"

Patrick reels in pain having been grazed by the blow, draws his dagger, and attempts to hold off the attackers while his friends rally around him (he hopes... :) ) I'll go ahead and make an attack at the closest one... and once there are fighters around next round, I'll retreat...

** risky, I know... I'd rather die bravely than a coward...**

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"FINALLY!"

*Devin charges into the fray, with a large grin on his face.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
[Not sure if Cugel can get a clear shot at them with his bow at this point. If he can, then that's what he'll try. If not, he'll move to help Patrick with his sword.]

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo stops suddenly and blurts out: "I just heard someone in the hallway - ahhhh! I'll havta check it out!"

He actually hops into the air, spins 180°, and races back out into the hallway, chagrin evident upon his face.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(Man, I had a big battle and everything and then I remembered Si'Nat cast Sleep :rolleyes: )

Patrick stabs out with his dagger at the one who hit him and strikes him square in the heart! The creature goes down.

Si'Nat starts chanting and waving his fingers. The two remaining creatures fall to the ground, one in front of the tables and one behind them (thus falling out of view).

T

train

Si'Nat

(who needs a big battle?... ;) )

"Well now - let's see what these two remaining ones will tell us, once awake... or if we can even understand them..."

"I've got this one..."

*I move over to the one that fell in front of the table(and look at the one that fell behind the table to make sure he is sleeping), bind him with my rope(in some sure-hold knots), take his sword and begin searching him for anything of value...*

"Rondo - what did you find in the hallway?"

"Okay guys - there's more here than I thought... seems two more of these things are asleep behind this table also... I've got this one in front, and will try to bind the others..."

*I prod the one I bound waking it and trying to understand anything, but to no avail... I gag it with it's loincloth, and begin taking the swords away from the other three... beginning to bind them also...*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The humanoids just have a loincloth on which is what Si'Nat is using to gag them with.

All of them are bound and groggy when awakened, but no one present can understand the noises coming out of their mouths.