D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

P

Prince RXI

Karnage seems a bit annoyed, but otherwise is fine. After he cleans his big blade he returns to guard duty.

T

train

Si'Nat

(So exactly how many arrows are left for us?)

(Begins searching the area for anything of value...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** You haven't been keeping track? :) I haven't been either... so randomly determining instead of going back and reading through the whole thread...

Si'Nat has 12 arrows and Cugel has 14.

Si'Nat, behind the statue in the far right south cell, you find a small wooden chest. There's nothing else in the area.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo checks the area around the chest and the chest itself for traps, and attempts removal of any he finds (if applicable) before attempting to open it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No traps around or on the chest. Opening it, you find a mess of coins, copper, silver, and gold. It'll take you two turns to count them all.

T

train

Si'Nat

(Splits the gold if desired, but tries to get enough to buy special items in a market that sells them in the future...)

"Shiny... shiny..."

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Nice Shinies.... but you can't spend them if you are dead... I'm more interested in setting this palace right again and ridding it of the reddish glow... rewards are for later...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** So are you guys just talking or actually doing? Remember, it'll take 2 turns to sort through it all and that's if everyone helps. If just one person does it, it's more like 4 turns.

T

train

Si'Nat

"Ugh... Then let's get on with the rest of the castle... but I'm making this chest a mark on my list of places to visit before leaving..."

(The tunnel goes further right?)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, I'm grabbin a hanful o' gold an' silver while we're here, jus in case we don't make it back here again dont'cha know...;)"

B

BigBlue

Patrick

If the rest of you want to divy up gold right now, I guess we could spend that time... I am just not that interested right now... Besides, not being so strong - or having anywhere to store gold, I'm not at all interested in carrying it around... :D

D

DarthFerret

I will take anything you want to give me and put it in my sack, bt I mostly agree with Patrick. I am a little more worried about vanquishing the evil in this place!

P

Prince RXI

"...Leave it here for now... It would only weigh you down later as well as make more noise... put them back so we can divide it up later equally."

T

train

Si'Nat

"Well... I guess we explore the unexplored..."

(Heads to explore the unexplored leading the pack once some get their share...)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"I'll share from what I took, big man, but if'n I decide to take some booty from this place fer our troubles I'm gonna take it...:)"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Again, to be clear, the coins are mixed together. You're not sure how much gold and silver there is, only that that there's a whole lot of copper, some less of silver, and some less of gold.

Rondo and Cugel grab a handful of gold and silver each.

Si'Nat leads the way back (or beckons Karnage to lead the way while he follows second? :) ) back out of the jail area to the intersection of the corridor going east where you first came from from. Seeing as how the only way left around is north, that's where you head (back in the rough cave-like area)...

About 20' north, the passage continues north but you see a small cave to the east. Your torchlight shows what appears to be unmoving figures in it.

(Sorry about the "straight lines" in the map in this area, the program I'm using doesn't allow for use of jagged lines)

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
*Attacking statues would look silly, but letting our guard down would suck even more. Cugel will train his bow on the figures and let someone else do the actual approaching this time.*

T

train

Si'Nat

(draws the sword for this venture... checks the passageway for traps as he enters and examines the statues if no traps are found... Are they similar to those seen before?... Human or animal or thing?...)

'Well... Somebody's got to do it..."