D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Standard checks reveal no traps and no sounds.

Opening the door, you see a 40' E-W and 30' N-S room, with another door in the east wall and two windows in the south wall. A large ornate canopy bed sits in the middle of the room. The bed posts have been carved to resemble twining vines. The bed is covered with dull red velvet. Tapestries line three walls. They show typical scenes of life in Haven before the disaster struck. To either side of the east door is a hand-carved wooden chest of drawers with mirrors on top of them. A small cushioned chair and matching footstool are at the end of the bed.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Patrick

I sort of expected we'd find her bedroom close to that bath...

Don't forget the nasty in the last canopy bed... be careful...

we'll search the room after checking it for traps (including the dressers).

Then we'll rest a turn (for our 1 every 6), and try the eastern door...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The room is empty of anything of interest.

After resting, you open the east door (having already checked it during the exploration) and see the corridor goes north and south for 10', then turns east.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Head South, then East, and hope we find a door to the N... otherwise, I think we've run out of areas to search... :)

Of course, we're on normal Alert level - perhaps even heightened alert... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** For some reason, when I read that, I thought "All hands, now man your battlestations..." :rolleyes: :D

You turn south and then east and as Patrick suspects, you come to a set of double doors to your north after about 40' with the corridor continuing east. Standard checks reveal no traps or sounds.

Attachments

T

train

Si'Nat

(Enter room with bow ready...)

"We're getting pretty good at this room to room clearing stuff... wonder what's in this one..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This room is VAST. It appears to be bigger than your current torchlight can reveal, as empty space in a 30' radius just shows the floor and darkness beyond.

B

BigBlue

Proceed with caution.... Battlestations! we are on Yellow Alert... I will have my Magic Missile available for any spellcasters to possibly interrupt them. Other than that, holding the torch and throwing daggers - at spellcasters... :) (Did I mention I want to eliminate Spellcasters?)

Get out that harp and start playing those notes if we see the ruby...

T

train

Si'Nat

"Ok guys... I'm going to see if my night sight will pick-up anything..."

(Moves to the right of the torch light to get to the edge of it and peer into the darkness - bow ready...)

T

train

Si'Nat

"Nothing over here guys - I say we can move forward, and check the rest of the room..."

(Will see if there are torches in the room we can light along the way... It had to be lit somehow before...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Since this room is so big, how are you proceeding? In the middle or along a wall (and which one if so?)

B

BigBlue

We'll proceed up the west wall, spread out in a V with me in the back, fighters up front, and range/fighters in between... If we get all the way to a Northern Wall, we'll wheel and turn east. Unless stealthy types want to go ahead of the rest of us, but I don't think we should seperate too much... There are no other sources of light in the darkness? and it's quiet other than us?

T

train

Si'Nat

(proceed as planned, but if a torch is found on a sconce, or something - will light it...)

B

BigBlue

Good Idea...

If we find anything like that, a brazier, a torch, or a torch holder (we have extras), we'll try to light the room... There should be something in here for that...

What is the floor covering? Does this look like it could be the throne room?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The floor is just bare stone. There's nothing to indicate that it's the throne room.

As you proceed up the west wall, you encounter torch sconces about every 20'. You light them as you head north. The torchlight also starts to reveal statues of people in various poses (talking to one another, looking in the north direction, etc). You come to the north wall after about 50' and head east, where your torches reveal an ornate throne of silver and oak atop a dais in about the center of the north wall (opposite the double doors you came in). On either side of the dais is a tapestry showing the changing seasons in Haven. Spring and Summer are shown on the tapestry to the left and Fall and Winter on the tapestry on the right. The bulk of the statues are clustered around the throne and are composed of men, women, and dwarves. Statues of guards flank the throne, there's a person kneeling in front, more groups of people, etc. Resting in the middle of the throne is a ruby the size of a large man's fist.

T

train

Si'Nat

(I'll hold a rear position, and ready with the bow...)

"That must be the one gents... I'll stand guard from here..."

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Play the notes, then try the sword if that doesn't work...