D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Whooo Hoo!

Too bad none of the baddies we've run into so far are equipped with bows to get you more ammo... wonder where the Armory for the castle is...

We should get in a room to rest a turn...

T

train

Si'Nat

"Might as well head in here and rest, to at least see where they were coming from..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel finds he has six arrows left.

You open the door from which the hobgoblins came from and see a room 20' E-W and 40' N-S, with the door you're coming from in the east wall. There's another door in the north wall. The walls of this bathing room are painted with peaceful scenes of spring and summer. An ornate marble and silver bathtub sits against the eastern wall. A silver enamelled towel rack standing next to the tub holds a towel and a wash cloth. A soap container of carved ivory sits on a stand next to the tub. At the head of the tub is a delicately sculpted tray. Sitting on the tray are three small gems: one red, one blue, and one yellow.

T

train

Si'Nat

(Begins to carefully walk over and examine the gems... Is there water in the tub?... does the room look like it was being used recently?...)

"Well - I'm sure some of us could use a bath..."

D

DarthFerret

Can I sense anything about the gems....i.e. divine rituals etc...

T

train

Si'Nat

"Hmm... Just shinies huh... Well - Guess I'll search the room after resting a turn, and then prep to open one of these other doors..."

(Plops against a wall...)

B

BigBlue

Patrick

We'll take the shinies, then proceed to the door in the North Wall after doing the standard checks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo opens the door to reveal a E-W hallway. There's a door in the east wall 10' to the east and a door in the south wall 10' to the west. The passage goes 10' more to the west and ends.

Attachments

T

train

Si'Nat

"Well, not much in this hallway... Guess we'll see what's behind this door..."

(Standard checks before opening the door in the South wall...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Standard checks reveal no traps and no sounds.

Rondo opens the door and sees a room of the same dimensions of that bathing room. However, here, several chairs and tables form a semi-circle in front of a fireplace in the west wall. A worn rug lies rolled up in a corner. A knitting basket sits in front of the rug. On a small table near the fireplace is a small tea cup on a saucer and a tea pot. Hanging over the fireplace is a portrait of Princess Argenta. She is holding a beautiful blood red ruby the size of an apple. A door is opposite the one you entered in the south wall.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Patrick

It would seem we're getting closer. Check out this room after looking for traps etc, including inside the teapot...

Interesting picture - I wonder if she knew what she held? It could be the ruby we're looking for.

Then we should use the south door after standard checks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
With everyone searching the room, no one finds anything of note, not even anything inside the teapot. Si'Nat does cause something to happen when he checks the tea cup: When he touches it, it begins to speak:

"Three crystal notes;
Two Silver Drakes;
One ruby sword;
All will smash the Demon's Eye,
And lift the curse from Haven."

Standard checks on the south door reveal no traps or sounds. Opening it, you see another corridor similiar to the one in the north. There's a door in the south wall opposite you and a door in the east wall.

Attachments

T

train

Si'Nat

(checks, etc... Proceed into the South door...)

"I wonder what's in here..."