D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel sets down his weapons and takes the harp in his hands. Pausing a moment to recall the notes, his fingers gently touch the strings in the melody shown/taught him by Rowena.

As the last note fades into silence, the ruby dissolves and the statues lose their "stone" sheen and become flesh and blood once more (think Narnia but instantaneous :) ). Princess Argenta appears on the throne and a man in black armor with a blond hair and beard appears next to her. Conversation fills the room, just briefly, as the courtiers continue their speech as if they hadn't been statues but dies immediately when they see your presence. On the other hand, the man and the Princess speak almost immediately:

"Thank the Protectors! They have chosen well! We are finally freed of the accursed Eye!"

B

BigBlue

**rescinds last post which was meaningless... didn't see the last page, my browser's funky anymore...**

Patrick

Whew. That was fun.

Your Highness, there may be one perpetrator still around. We have not been able to track down a mage who looked remarkably like another mage here - I believe he may have been an illusionist of sorts, a trickster, a liar, and a deciever. But, we allowed him his exit when we trusted him and have not been able to find him henceforth.

Do you know who was serving the eye? So that we might track them down and finish them?

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem will go around and offer any healing that seems neccesary, or even some religious counciling until the group makes any kind of decision on the next course...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The man speaks.

"I am known as Ellis the Strong, a member of the Knight of the White Drakes, and have been thwarting Arik's attempts to free himself of his prison over the years. Since you have destroyed the Eye and killed his clerics, most of the evil creatures should be fleeing Haven right now and the blight that was upon Haven should be removed. The attacks on the Protectors should cease. You have done all that they have asked for."

** That's it! The adventure's over! Any last questions before I wrap things up with the XP and treasure?

T

train

Si'Nat

(I don't have any...)

"Glad to know Haven is safe and again under your watch... my lady..."

(Si'Nat bows and then retreats to lean on a wall and watch until the party is headed out...)

B

BigBlue

Patrick

I don't have anything else, other than letting them know about Duchess.

Let's rest up and determine where to go from here...

B

BigBlue

**Oh, I wonder if there was a way to wake that up to destroy the ruby... :) **

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ellis replies, "It is one of three statues placed around the palace which trapped my steed, Ariksbane, in the Dimension of Ice. If you had found another statue, when you entered the throne room, Ariksbane would have been freed and he could have destroyed the Eye with his breath."

** will calculate the XP and treasure later today

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Princess Argenta gives each of you 3000 gp for saving her kingdom and declares a week of thanksgiving to honor you. At the end of the week, there is a huge banquet and you are each awarded the Silver Honor Medal, the highest award in Haven.

She does take back the little gems from the bathing room, as they activate the bath :)

Ellis would like the Sword of Arik to prevent it from getting into the wrong hands.

So final XP and treasure:

I'm not sure how much detail you want me to go into :)

First level

You killed a total of 1160 XPs worth of monsters, giving you 232 each.

You found 10 cp, 20 gp, 2 sapphires = 300 gp, 1 emerald = 2000 gp, gold ring = 50 gp for a total of 2670 which divided by five gives 534 each.

Extra XP awarded:
  • Cugel got 100 for asking why the dummies made sound
  • Si'Nat got 500 for moving the adventure along, 100 for searching Travis's room and 50 for finding the initials on the ring
  • Patrick got 250 for moving the adventure along in a lesser role
  • Bertrem got 100 for applying his religious knowledge to various problems

Second level

You killed a total of 1035 XPs worth of monsters, giving you 173 each ('cause Kurik gets some)

You found 300 gold and a crystal ball plus the 18000 gp award, for a total of 18300. Divided by 6, that's 3050 each.

Extra XP:
  • Rondo gets 500 XP for finding a way to fight the Medusa

Total XP for the adventure:
  • Cugel = 4089
  • Si'Nat = 4639
  • Patrick = 4239
  • Bertrem = 4089
  • Rondo = 4389

However, Rondo was hit by a wight and lost 1100 XP. So his total is 3289.

Cugel and Bertrem gained a level to level 3.
Rondo and Kurik gained a level to level 2.
Everyone else stayed at level 2.

How do you guys want to divide the treasure? Equally? You decide how?

And do you want to do another adventure?

B

BigBlue

Patrick

We should definately stick together, re-equip, and look for trouble elsewhere.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, sorry, the harp is also "castle property". And the dragon statue has vanished since Ariksbane has been freed from his prison.

Still no decision on how to divide the treasure... but since it seems you guys want to do another adventure, I'll start PMing your characters and stats soon...

D

DarthFerret

Yay, 3rd level. Yeah, lets do another....how many spells do I get now?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You get another first level spell for a total of two. You can pick from the list if you still have it or I can re-send it to you.

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Were we able to recover those suits of plate from the evil clerics to sell? (we'd put them in the front entryway).

After a weeks rest, I say we head towards a larger town, where we may find something nice to spend this gold on. I don't particularly have many needs for it - yet... so, I'm willing to leave the bulk of my share in party coffers in case someone else needs something. I would like the crystal ball...

(what about those jade statue pieces and chunks?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't remember you stashing any suits of armor. Do you remember how many?

If you sell the jade pieces, you probably can get about 100 gp for all of them.