D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

B

BigBlue

From early on in the adventure - before our first exit to town for rest, we'd considered carrying them out, but you said no one was in town to sell them, they were all too scared... I think they had eyes on them (but those could be removed I'd think by a blacksmith).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it was that many, 'cause they would have weighed you down and I don't remember you guys going back and forth to make multiple trips to stash them.

I'll say four.

And since no one has spoken, I'll divide up the coins equally and let you guys decide how to divide up the gems and crystal ball.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, your characters are being sent to you via PM. In the meantime, the Haven blacksmith offers you 30 gp each for the suits of plate mail (half price). You can also find the following around town, in the blacksmith or marketplace:

Weapons (dmg) (cost in gp)

Axes

Battle Axe (two-handed) (1-8) (7)
Hand Axe (1-6) (4)

Bows

Crossbow (1-6) (30)
Case of 30 quarrels (10)
Long Bow (1-6) (40)
Short Bow (1-6) (25)
Quiver with 20 arrows (5)
1 Silvertipped arrow (5)

Daggers

Normal (1-4) (3)
Silver (1-4) (30)

Swords

Short (1-6) (7)
Long (1-8) (10)
Two-Handed (1-10) (15)

Other Weapons

Mace* (1-6) (5)
Club* (1-4) (3)
Javelin (1-4) (1)
Pole-Arm (two-handed) (1-10) (7)
Sling w/30 Stones* (1-4) (2)
Spear (1-6) (3)
Staff- two handed (1-4) (2)
War Hammer* (1-6) (5)

*can be used by cleric

Armor (AC) (cost in gp)

Clothing Only (9)
Shield Only (8) (10)
Leather (7) (20)
Leather w/Shield (6)
Chain Mail (5) (40)
Chain Mail w/Shield (4)
Plate Mail (3) (60)
Plate Mail w/Shield (2)

Equipment (cost in gp)

Backpack (5)
Crowbar (10)
Flask of Oil (2)
Garlic (5)
Grappling Hook (25)
Hammer (small) (2)
Holy Symbol (25)
Holy Water (1 vial) (25)
Iron Spikes-12 (1)
Lantern (10)
Mirror-handsized and steel (5)
Pole, Wooden 10' (1)
Rations:
Iron (preserved food for 1 person for 1 week) (15)
Standard (unpreserved food for 1 person for 1 week) (5)
Rope-50' (1)
Sack, small (1)
Sack, large (2)
Stakes-3 and Mallet (3)
Thieves Tools (25)
Tinder Box-flint and steel (3)
Torches-6 (1)
Water/wine skin (1)
Wine-1 qt (1)
Wolfsbane-1 bunch (10)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Characters have been sent.

You have 2 sapphires worth 300 gp each, 1 emerald worth 2000 gp, a gold ring worth 50 gp, and a crystal ball still to divide.

When you guys decide that, we'll start the next one!

B

BigBlue

Patrick

I'll buy 3 silver daggers, and if any of my regular daggers are looking bad, have him sharpen them. Plus I'd like to get some sort of bandolier for the daggers I'm carrying to wear under my robe. I'll ditch the robes we'd taken to fit in with the evil clerics, probably burn them.

I'd like to read through the scrolls I'm carrying, and make any interesting notations in my Journal. Is the castle mage available for discussions at all? I'd like to spend time discussing spellcasting to hone my craft if he has time. Other than that, replenish my supplies (torches, tinderbox) etc. If these scrolls were the mages, I'll return them to him (after reading them and taking any notes and apologize for their disappearance). I'd like to see if he has any scrolls I could buy for 1st or 2nd level magic.

Thanks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The blacksmith can sharpen them, just come back "the next day" (doesn't really matter since we're not keeping track of time right now as we're in between adventures.

A bandolier can be made for 5 gp.

You can't make any "real" sense from the scrolls, as they are notes and jottings of various experiments the castle magic-user was and is working on. You would have to have much more experience before they might make sense.

The castle magic-user is the one who you saw trimming his beard in the washroom. He thanks you for his scrolls back. He can spare a little time talking to you, but has to get back to monitoring the kingdom to see what damage had been done during the disaster.

Gotta go... talk about the spell scrolls when I come back.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I'm back.

He'll allow you to buy 2 level 1 scrolls for 500 gp each, your pick of any of the first level spells available (if you need a list, let me know) or 1 second level spell for 1000 gp.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
You have 2 sapphires worth 300 gp each, 1 emerald worth 2000 gp, a gold ring worth 50 gp, and a crystal ball still to divide.
Cugel will offer to hold the gems for safekeeping. :p

B

BigBlue

Patrck

I'll buy one 2nd level spell (I'll need the list again for what they are - Web? Melf's Acid Arrow?)

Thank him for his time. Also, I'll let him know any details he might want on what we found on our adventures within the castle - including his "double", and I'm curious what he might say about the double. Also, ask about the cat... to see if the story is the same...

That's it for my time between adventures - and I'll gladly pay for the sharpening and bandolier. Only thing left is to buy rations before we head out.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
We should try to sell the jools if possible...Is there a Temple in town? Perhaps they could be traded for some healing potions/scrolls...;)

In any event, I'll upgrade Rondo's armor to plate mail (60gp) *Is full plate available? Helms?*, replace the 2 missing arrows from his quiver, and purchase a quiver full of silver-tipped arrows (101gp). He'll also look into buying a better axe, maybe one with silver in the axe blade. Is there anything like that available? Can it be custom-made if it isn't available?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Second level spells are: Continual Light, Detect Evil, Detect Invisible, ESP, Invisibility, Knock, Levitate, Locate Object, Mirror Image, Phantasmal Force, Web, and Wizard Lock. Let me know if you need spell descriptions.

He thanks you for the briefing and will check about his "double". He says the cat is his familiar.

There's a temple in town and a jeweler/banker-type building.

The Blacksmith will let you trade one of the suits of human plate for dwarf-sized plate.

There's not really an armor slot for helms, it's kinda part of the armor if you want it.

You have to buy regular arrows by the quiver, so I'll just say you bought a new quiver plus the silver-tipped arrows.

There's nothing like a silver-inlaid axe available but the blacksmith can make it for 500 gp. It'll take half a week (again, doesn't really matter since we're between adventures).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Is there anything like the thieving toolkit or whatever available? Also, how many arrows are in a quiver?

D

DarthFerret

Healing scrolls and potions would be nice so I can put my spells to better use....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So it is. Cugel will get a new quiver and a set of thieving tools (I like how thieving tools are something one purchases rather than steals).

B

BigBlue

Patrick

(* I think the double was an illusionary disguise... And I think that mage got away - at least I don't think we killed any mages. If I can, try to learn of any recent enemies who may have brought the evil god, particularly mages...*)

I'll go with Web. And I'll chip 1000gp in to the pool for healing potions... If anyone needs to borrow gold, I've still got some. I'll buy the smaller gems from the party (easier to carry and conceal than gold for a mage). I think we should keep the emerald for the same reason... Unless someone has dire need for gold...

After that, onward and upward!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo will take the plate and the new axe, and will pony up with the extra to have a second quiver of normal arrows. He has no problem at all with Patrick keeping the gems instead of the cash equivalent.

D

DarthFerret

Is there anybody interested in that Evil Clerics get up? Including the Holy symbol?