D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

T

train

Sorry I've been out... work work work...

I am up for another advenure....

Can I purchase two of the level one scrolls?...

I'll then see about selling off supplies...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I forgot you had that stuff. Ellis would like them to keep them from getting spread around.

Si'Nat, I figured you were busy... you were the last one to finish up. What first level spells do you want? Do you need a list again?

T

train

Read Magic
Shield

I would be able to copy them into the spellbook right?...

I'll see about selling off goods and we can begin anew!...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, no... a quirk about Basic rules is that a magic-user's and elf's spellbook only contains the spells that they are permitted to know, so in the case of a second level character of that class, just two first level spells. You can see how this changed in AD&D :)

So you can just read the spell from the scroll and then the scroll is gone.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cleanup:

Patrick: I need exact quantities of how many torches you're buying. I'm gonna do better at keeping track :)

About the gold & treasure: There's a banking system (just to make it easier). So you don't have to be carrying all of that gold. Just tell me how much you want to have on your person and as long as you're in a "major" town, you have access to all of your gold.

Does Patrick still want to "buy" the jewels from the party?

Potions of Healing/Scrolls of Cure Light Wounds are fairly common, so they cost 100 gp. Only clerics (Bertrem) can read the Cure Light Wounds scroll (since it's a cleric spell).

T

train

Well...

That changes my plan... So I'll buy about 15 of the cure light wounds scrolls... so the party can have them overall...

I'll work on my list of other stuff to sell...

Thanks for clarifying that...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You realize only Bertrem can read the scrolls, right? So if he's incapacitated, no one else can read them...

T

train

Yeah...

I think we we could do a really good job of protecting him, especially if he was able to heal us during battle... ;)

T

train

I might see if there is another, "better" longbow in town...

If any armor needs repair, maybe I can have it done...

Sell: (dump if won't sell)
Mace
Mace from adventure
shortsword (If I can use it, I would like a longsword instead of shortsword... so I would sell this one and buy the long one....)
1large sack
1 reed pen
dinnerware
sleeveless dress
pieces of crystal
5 ribbons

Buy:
2 flask of oil (for lantern)
2 full quivers of arrows (10 of those arrows silver tipped)
5 Iron Rations
Tinder Box - Flint and steel
Wine Skin

looking for:
vials of ink
candles

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You realize potions can be used by anyone... :confused:

There isn't a "better" longbow in town, at least, no magical ones. What you have is it.

The blacksmith can repair the minor damage done to your armor.

You can sell the weapons for half price and get the longsword. So that's 4 gp from the two maces and 3 gp for the shortsword and you pay 10 gp for the longsword.

The General store will take everything else and exchange it for vials of ink and candles, depending on the quantity wanted.

And you bought the list under "Buy".

B

BigBlue

Patrick

I guess given that information, I won't bother with the scroll of Web... I was thinking the same thing as Si'Nat - scribing it when I could cast 2nd level spells...

Is there a riding horse available? If so I'll purchase one w/ Saddlebags and tack.

I'll also look for a nice lantern and use that with oil instead of torches - since it's less bulky. I will buy 12 flasks of oil for it and bundle them up in robes for safety, plus I'll get 3 bottles of Holy Water, and I will buy the gems if possible to keep them handy in case we find something we want to buy when we aren't in a major town. I'll bank whatever else I have left (other than 25 gold travelling money).

I will turn in the evil cloaks if they are gathering those.

(And all this buying is in addition to the 2 silver daggers and bandolier).

Total spending -

75 blacksmith (2 silver daggers + bandolier + sharpening + gratuity)
20 Lantern (2)
75 Holy Water (3)
24 Oil (12 flasks)
500 Healing Potions (5)
35 Rations (1 wk Standard, 2 wk Iron)
18 Clothing (used to wrap up flasks and as change of clothes)
?? Riding Horse
?? Tack
?? Saddle Bags
5 Spare Backpack
?? 1 week at the Inn + food etc during our stay.

These potions are not just for me - I'll just carry some for myself and or party use.

Thanks.

T

train

I forgot to mention above, banking all but 100gp...

I guess I can split it 50 - 50... 10 scrolls and 10 healing potions..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick: Riding horses are available but since we're still doing "Basic" (level 1-3) dungeons, you won't need the just yet.

You can still cast the spell from the scroll, but if you don't want it, I took it off.

Don't worry about the 18 for "clothing".

Si'Nat: I'm just pointing out potions compared to scrolls in case it wasn't clear. But if you want 10 of each, you got it.

T

train

10 of each it is...

I'll update my Char list (as will you most likely...) and then I'll be set for the next venture...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo will purchase 15 healing potions as well, and will bank all his cash save 100gp like the elf did. The potions do equal healing as the scrolls, right?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, they each do 1d6+1.

We're about ready to start... so far community treasure is still the emerald (2000 gp), gold ring (50 gp), and a crystal ball.

Kurik asks if he can stay with you guys.

T

train

Si'Nat

"I would be honored if you remained with us Kurik...

Ready Guys!..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
BigBlue said:
Patrick

I guess given that information, I won't bother with the scroll of Web... I was thinking the same thing as Si'Nat - scribing it when I could cast 2nd level spells...

Is there a riding horse available? If so I'll purchase one w/ Saddlebags and tack.

I'll also look for a nice lantern and use that with oil instead of torches - since it's less bulky. I will buy 12 flasks of oil for it and bundle them up in robes for safety, plus I'll get 3 bottles of Holy Water, and I will buy the gems if possible to keep them handy in case we find something we want to buy when we aren't in a major town. I'll bank whatever else I have left (other than 25 gold travelling money).

I will turn in the evil cloaks if they are gathering those.

(And all this buying is in addition to the 2 silver daggers and bandolier).

Total spending -

75 blacksmith (2 silver daggers + bandolier + sharpening + gratuity)
20 Lantern (2)
75 Holy Water (3)
24 Oil (12 flasks)
500 Healing Potions (5)
35 Rations (1 wk Standard, 2 wk Iron)
18 Clothing (used to wrap up flasks and as change of clothes)
?? Riding Horse
?? Tack
?? Saddle Bags

5 Spare Backpack
?? 1 week at the Inn + food etc during our stay.

These potions are not just for me - I'll just carry some for myself and or party use.

Thanks.
We're getting horses? :eek:

I guess Rondo will stock up on rations too (same proportions as Patrick - 1 week standard and 2 weeks Iron) and then I reckon he'll be ready to go...:)

B

BigBlue

Patrick

OK, I'll hold off on the horse for now... I wasn't sure if we would be taking a trip or not... The other thing is it gave me a place to carry extra stuff, but I don't feel good leaving it outside of a dungeon crawl anyways.

Thanks for the info.

In that case I guess I will grab the scroll - in case of emergency - when sleep won't be effective.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo has the rations.

Patrick has the Web scroll back.

You can't really take a horse into a dungeon, but if you guys gain levels in this one as I think you should, we'll be moving up to the "Expert" levels and then you can get horses.