D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem

I will interpose myself between the creature and patrick, and start beatin him..!

If no one else volunteers to open the doors, I will, however, if there is an unfound trap, it might be handy to have my spell availible to the injured party..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Round 1 continued...

Patrick steps aside out of the room to allow others in.
Si'Nat steps past him to get a line of fire for his bow (but he can't fire this round)
Bertrem steps through the doorway and swings but misses.
Kurik also steps through and swings with his sword, connecting and scoring a long gash along the creature's side. Infuriated, he roars again!
Rondo and Cugel wait their turn to get into the room

Round 2 - Creature has initiative

The creature swings at Kurik, who wounded him, and strikes a glancing blow with his club.

Si'Nat fires an arrow and hits right in the back!

Bertrem strikes a crushing blow with his mace on the creature's head.
Kurik swings but misses this round.
Rondo steps through and swings with his axe but misses
Cugel steps into the room and positions himself for a shot next round
Patrick steps in the doorway and gets ready for the next round

Round 3 - Party gets initiative.

Si'Nat's arrow flies wide, as does Cugel's. Patrick's dagger sails past.

Bertrem misses this round, as does Kurik. Rondo, however, delivers a vast overhand blow that finishes off the creature.

Taking stock of the room after the battle, you see it's 20' square and nothing else seems to be in the room besides the smashed furniture.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Whew....

"Kurik, how are you holding up?"

Take a closer look at our assailant... is he human, or humanoid? Any apparent reason he might have been so enraged? (he was demolishing furniture before we came to the door.)

Search the rubble.

(To the west then south, is that a path we haven't gone down yet? by the stairs.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik replies, "I'm okay. I've taken a lot worse."

The creature is humanoid, but no apparent reason why he might have been smashing furniture.

You spend a turn to search the rubble and don't find anything, but you do see that in the creature's other hand, he was carrying a leather sack.

** Yes, that's a path you haven't explored yet and from where you are, to the south and west

D

DarthFerret

Look in the sack...

Also search his body to see if he has anything else of import.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The sack contains a whole bunch of gold! It'll take another turn to count it.

Nothing else on the body.

T

train

Si'Nat

(Count what's in the sack, and split it appropriately (I'll take none)... Then continue down our untraveled path...)

"Good going guys... as long as everyone is okay, we should head on... take your share gents... consider mine a gift to the church..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You find that there's about 300 gold in the sack, so split 5 ways (Cugel, Rondo, Patrick, Bertrem, and Kurik), that's 60 gold each.

Cugel gets his arrows.

As noted, there's two unexplored paths. Which one are you guys trying?

B

BigBlue

We'll take the one closer - which probably meets up with the other one... (North, then West, then South.)

**I say we split things up when we're all done with this adventure... I really don't care about spoils...**

T

train

Si'Nat

"I agree on the path to take... Let's find this evil and rid the world of it..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You head off in that direction and reach that point without incident. You travel another 40' and see a door 10' more south of you and another door at the edge of your torchlight 30' south of you when the latter one opens and several hobgoblins come out. You are not surprised but they are...

Attachments

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo attacks unless the group is large enough to use a Sleep spell on, and defends if not all the HG's go to sleep...;)

T

train

(Ready to fire the bow before they regain their initiative...

Will step back to continue firing maintaining range...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Round 1 - Creatures are surprised.

Si'Nat and Cugel fire off their arrows, to see Si'Nat arrow miss but Cugel's graze one in the front rank.

Patrick decides this is a good opportunity to use his Sleep spell so he does... putting all of them to sleep.

You count the bodies and see that there were six of them.

T

train

Si'Nat

(Begin slitting throats with the sword, and then searching the bodies...)

"Well - didn't need too much excitement I guess..."