D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

T

train

(Sleep them... this should buy us some positioning, etc...)

Si'Nat
"That reaaalllllyyy hurt.... Gotta put some to sleep..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat casts his spell and the hobgoblin he's fighting plus several more inside the room slump over. But there's still about half a dozen left standing and they're still coming at you.

One leaps through the door into the hallway and attacks Gareth but misses. The others wait impatiently for room to open up so they can join in the fun.

Round 5 - Party has initiative.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat, Gareth, and Kurik all have amazingl bad luck and fail to hit the hobgoblin.

It, however, gets a bit flustered at being the focus of attack from three opponents and misses as well.

Round 6 - Hobgoblins has initiative.

The hobgoblin attacks Kurik but clangs off his shield.

Si'Nat, Gareth, and Kurik miss again.

Round 7 - Hobgoblins have initiative.

The hobgoblin seems to take a liking to Kurik but again fails to connect.

Si'Nat finally connects with a mighty blow that stabs the hobgoblin in the chest. It falls.

Round 8 - Party has initiative.

So right now there's a couple of hobgoblin bodies in the hallway and about 5 hobgoblins inside the room, ready to come out... just "pausing" the action to see if anyone has anything else they want to do aside from melee combat.

T

train

(I'll use the bow to fire at one in the room... then switch to sword as needed)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Can't someone just try to slip past the hobgoblin blocking the door and take the others out before they get back up?

T

train

well - there are like 6 rounds of combat to a normal turn I believe - I don't know how it really measures out...

T

train

K... so if we can "hit better" we might be able to take some of these guys down...
If they start to wake - I'll sleep some more... (I think I have another still...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, you guys have just been unlucky on the "hit" rolls despite their armor and your bonuses... I think three to one odds are pretty good, the way you have it set up now :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'nat fires into the room and hits the next one moving to the doorway with a stellar shot, killing it.

The next hobgoblin comes through the door and attacks Kurik, dealing a mighty blow. Kurik is hit hard.

Round 9 - Monsters get initiative

Seeing the success of his attack, the hobgoblin attacks Kurik again and scores another hit, felling him.

Since a party member fell, I'll pause the action again for any new actions besides or different than melee.

T

train

(I'll drop my backpack to allow Moose to get a healing potion out of it for Kurik...)

(Aside from that - Will cast sleep if I have one. I had a note that I had one left back in the thread - but don't recall if after we rested for the night that I memorized 2 or not.)

(Will continue slaying the mofos... whichever the outcome)

T

train

(I'll do it... I guess I mentioned continuing to slay them - but didn't note anything about Movement, except for dropping the backpack.)

Si'Nat

"Bring it Boooooooyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzz!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're already there; it was you, Kurik, and Gareth forming a three-sided "wall" for when the hobgoblins exited the room. Now that Kurik fell, one of the walls has fallen...

T

train

I thought you meant right into the doorway - I'd do that to move in too... As for covering Kurik's hole - dunno...

But bring 'em on!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you can move into the doorway, but then it's just be one-on-one... and assuming you do kill your opponent and can move in, then the situation would be reversed... one of you vs three of them...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon Rondo will enter the battle if/when there's room, but it wasn't clear to me that there'd be room...:)