CPA Set - Finalize cards

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
On the Entas and Iotunn horrors, change the name of the card throughout the rules text.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Unholy Battlefield
Color: B
Cost: 2BB
Type: Enchantment
Rules Text: Whenever a creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, that creature's controller loses 1 life.
Rarity: C

Thinking more about this.... this card is broken. There needs to be some restriction or some limit on this.

Like: The first time a creature becomes the target of a spell or ability this turn, that creature's controller loses 1 life.

or: Whenever a creature becomes the target of a creature ability, that creature's controller loses 1 life.

L

Limited

Agreed. The first time is a brilliant addition.

And is this card an uncommon?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Void Monster
Cost: 3B
Type: Creature - Monster
Pow/Tgh: 2/2
Rules Text: <this> gets +1/+0 for each swamp that is removed from the game. Whenever <this> deals damage to a player, shuffle half of the swamps RFG that you control, rounded up, into your library.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: U
Artist:
Number: 94/186

Card Name: Wandering Shade
Cost: 2BB
Type: Creature - Shade
Pow/Tgh: 1/1
Rules Text: Trample (If all the creatures blocking this creature receive lethal damage, remaining damage can be assigned to the defending player.)
B: Wandering Shade gets +1/+1 until the end of turn.
Sacrifice Wandering Shade if you don't control a Forest.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 95/186

Does the Shade need to only get +1/+0 to stay a common?
It does have trample.

L

Limited

I think its a bad idea to refer a quanity of cards that are removed from the game.. it makes cards like Arc Slogger just crazy broken.

Perhaps it could be a 2/3 and it would get +3/+0 if a Swamp is in the Removed-From-Game-Zone?

Oh, and Wandering Shade could start as a 1/1.. that way it'd be a common

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Maybe change the Void Moster to and activated ability.
B:Void Monster gets +1/+0 for each swamp that is removed from the game, until EOT.

It only counts swamps not total cards.

I could go with a 1/1 for the shade.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I like Limited's answer to the Void Monster better than Mooseman's.

Hooray for trampling 1/1's!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I don't get the Arc Slogger going crazy part, it puts ten of your cards out of game, but not necessarily are they swamps and you are out 10 cards...... hmmmmm

What am I missing here, is it a combo deck or something?

This was supposed to support the landcasting in this set and the change doesn't do that.

Sorry guys, but I am not convinced yet to make that radical of a change.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
Okay, how about Mana Severance?
It's still only a 2 defense, it dies to most blockers and most direct damage.
it's doesn't have any evasion... I still don't see the brokeness of it.

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
B:Void Monster gets +1/+0 for each swamp that is removed from the game, until EOT.
I'm assuming that this would have a 'use only once' clause?

Imagine a Black weenie deck, with a Splash of blue. After Swampcasting some creatures and playing some other, you play Mana Severance and remove ten Swamps.

Now, there are four creatures in your deck which are 12/2 for 2BB.

This does not strike you as broken?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Shock, Shock, 2/1 first strike, Goblin Spelunkers, now what do you do? At least half your mana is RFG. It's not a 12/2 for 2BB, but 2BB and 10 swamps RFG.

Yes, It's a good card and I think there needs to be some restrictions/limits, but the changes suggested are way to drastic.

Say,
"When <THIS> deals damage, suffle half the swamps RFG, rounded up , into your library"

Or

Void Monster gets +1/+0 for each swamp that is removed from the game as long as you control no other land but swamps.

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
Shock, Shock, 2/1 first strike, Goblin Spelunkers, now what do you do? At least half your mana is RFG. It's not a 12/2 for 2BB, but 2BB and 10 swamps RFG.
Sure, you have to work at it, but its too good for the same reason the following card is too good.

MyPantsAreOnFireElemental 2R
R: +5/+0 until end of turn
1/1

Sure, an 1/1 first strike can kill it.. but you'll only have one chance. And, if I have some other card that can protect it or remove potential blockers, the game will be over pretty quickly.

Mooser said:
Yes, It's a good card and I think there needs to be some restrictions/limits, but the changes suggested are way to drastic.

Say,
"When <THIS> deals damage, shuffle half the swamps RFG, rounded up , into your library"
Now thats a combo for leveller! Or Arc-Slogger.. but it feels really.. ducttaped? it'll hold, but it doesn't feel neatly designed.

Moosest said:
Void Monster gets +1/+0 for each swamp that is removed from the game as long as you control no other land but swamps.
Right. Like we were going to play a lot of other colors, and there aren't plenty of ways to splash blue for Mana Severance with only swamps and artifact mana.
Not really enough of a drawback.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Not perfect, but the idea is there it just needs fine tuned.

something like
"gets +X/+0, where X is half the swamps RFG."

Now that 12/2 is a 7/2 and is more in line with what I wanted.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I like the concept of shuffling half of the RFG swamps back into the library when it deals damage. Not only does it hinder your RFG leverage, but it reloads any spells you have that require you to remove cards from the game.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
I like the concept of shuffling half of the RFG swamps back into the library when it deals damage. Not only does it hinder your RFG leverage, but it reloads any spells you have that require you to remove cards from the game.
Ransac, cpa trash man
Or dredge....

So, Ransac, what would you have the rules text say?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
C'mon! I'm supposed to be the lazy one here (considering I haven't submitted anything in a little while).

Card Name: Void Monster
Cost: 3B
Type: Creature - Monster
Pow/Tgh: 2/2
Rules Text: <this> gets +1/+0 for each swamp that is removed from the game. Whenever <this> deals damage to a player, shuffle half of the swamps RFG that you control, rounded up, into your library.
Flavor Text:
Artist:
Number: 94/186

That's my take.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Atog's Wierding
Color: R
Cost: 1R
Type: Enchantment - Aura
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Enchant Artifact
At the beginning of enchanted artifacts controller's turn, put a Hunger counter on Atog's Weirding. If the number of counters on Atog's Wierding is equal or exceeds the converted mana cost of enchanted artifact, destroy enchanted artifact and its controller returns Atog's Wierding to play.
Flavor Text: After the Atog's fled Mirrodin, they left a horrible curse in their wake!
Rarity: U
Artist:
Number: 96/186

This is a slow artifact kill that can repeat. Not bad.