Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Coward's Balloon
Color: U
Cost: 1U
Type: Enchantment - Aura
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Enchant Creature.
Enchanted creature gains flying
Whenever enchanted creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, return Coward's Balloon to its owner's hand.
Retreat (If <THIS> is returned to your hand from play, Draw a card)
Flavor Text:
Rarity: C
Artist:
Number: 39/186

Card Name: Cowardly Djinn
Cost: 4UU
Type:
Pow/Tgh: 5/5
Rules Text: Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying.)
Retreat (If <THIS> is returned to your hand from play, Draw a card)
Flavor Text:
Rarity: U
Artist:
Number: 40/186

The retreat mechanic is really just for blue.... bounce and draw card.
I have no problem with either of these cards and we can test the mechanic.

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
Unless Limited has probs, I'll make these done.
No 'probs' here (trust me, i've checked)

Turn Down's name needs to adjusted in its card text.

The reminder text for Retreat on Cowardly Balloon refers to 'a creature' where it supposed to mean enchantment right?

And the Cowardly Djinn shouldn't be common.. it feels more like an uncommon.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I believe you are correct. The PROPER wording of Retreat should be:

Retreat (Whenever <this> is returned to your hand from play, Draw a card)

And the Djinn should be uncommon.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Deep Cistern
Cost: 3U
Type: Enchantment
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard, you may draw two cards and then put one card from your hand on the bottom or top of your library, unless any player pays 2.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: R
Artist: St. Dyfnog's Holy Well
Number: 41/186

Card Name: Escape the Void
Cost: U
Type: Sorcery
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: Return target card that has been removed from the game to its owner's hand.
Flavor Text:
Rarity: U
Artist:
Number: 42/186

Deep Cistern rules text needs fixed.

Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard, you may draw 2 cards and then put one card from your hand either on the bottom or the top of your library. Any player may pay 2 to stop this effect.

That's all I got...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think the Cistern needs to be a Rare. Uncommon at least.

I think when referring to the number of cards you can draw with a card, the number is always written out.

Plus, a few word changes. Don't think you really need "either

Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard, you may draw two cards and then put one card from your hand on the bottom or top of your library. Any player may pay 2 to stop this effect.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sounds good to me. I made the cistern an uncommon.
We seem to be upgrading a lot of commons to uncommon or rare....hmmmmm.

L

Limited

"stop this effect" isn't magicnese... and I think the card might be a bit too powerful.

How about:
"Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard, draw two cards unless an opponent pays (2).
Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard, put one card from your hand on the bottom or top of your library."

This way, if your opponent has enough mana, you lose your entire hand...

Oh, it definitely needs to be rare.

Escape the Void is probably too good too. How about making it a Sorcery?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I agree with Limited. On on the subject of a lot of commons being changed, many of the cards were made without a rarity clarified and made common by default.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Deep Cistern can be rare.

Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard, you may draw two cards and then put one card from your hand on the bottom or top of your library, unless any player pays 2.

I don't want to be turned against the controller, but to slow down the opponents.

Escape the void can be a sorcery and common or uncommon.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Escape: Sorcery and Uncommon

Cistern looks fine with that wording. Rare it is.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Dragon of Greed
Cost: 2UU
Type: Creature - Dragon
Pow/Tgh: 2/2
Rules Text: Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying.)
At end of turn, if you've drawn four or more cards this turn, sacrifice <THIS>. If you do, search your library or hand for Dragon of Unity and put it into play.
Flavor Text:Fafnir became a servant of his own desire.
Artist: Artist Unknow
Number: 43/186

I know the name needs changed, "Dragon Of Greed"?
With Flavor text something like "Fafnir saw the glitter as his destiny"

I'm not sure how the draw 3 cards outside of the draw phase will work.
Is this to be a total of one action, ie spell, ability...etc or once the third card is drawn, like a delayed trigger? Is this supposed to be within one turn?

L

Limited

We could turn it into a 'At end of turn' trigger.

"At end of turn, if you've drawn three or more cards outside of your drawstep, you may sacrifice <THIS>. If you do, search your library or hand for Uroboros – Dragon of Unity and put it into play"

And then maybe you shouldn't have a choice? Not 'you may sacrifice' but just 'sacrifice'?
Why is the 'outside of your drawstep' restriction present anyway? Do we think it'd be too easy? We could up the restriction to four cards if necessary..

"At end of turn, if you've drawn four or more cards this turn, sacrifice <THIS>. If you do, search your library or hand for Uroboros – Dragon of Unity and put it into play"

Makes the ability a lot less complicated but still more or less the same.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It should be "Fafnir, Dragon of Greed", not "Fafnir - Dragon of Greed" or whatever we decide it to.

The change/clarification of the situational sacrifice is fine with me.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Do you want these dragons to be legendary?
I like the rules change, but if it's legendary, it's a "may sac", if not then it's just "sac".

L

Limited

Once again, if we keep the names, they would be legendary.

I don't see why they should have 'may' if they are legendary though. You still control the ability in whether you play the card right?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
I don't see why they should have 'may' if they are legendary though. You still control the ability in whether you play the card right?
The may allows you to use the trigger or not, if the conditions are met. Without it you have no choice. The legendary creature should have the choice, the non-legendary shouldn't. Well, that's my take on it.

If Ransac wants them to be legendary, I could go for that, or not, or some combination of both.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It would make sense if the biggest of the lot was legendary, but the smaller guys shouldn't be.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Dragon of Greed
Cost: 2UU
Type: Creature - Dragon
Pow/Tgh: 2/2
At end of turn, if you've drawn four or more cards this turn, sacrifice <THIS>. If you do, search your library or hand for Dragon of Unity and put it into play.
Flavor Text:Fafnir became a servant of his own desire.
Artist: Artist Unknow
Number: 43/186

Howis this? The World Dragon is the largest of the three, so I thought it would go
Greed = common
Unity = Uncommon
World = Rare.