Commander 2011: Spidey (Political Puppets) vs Mooseman (Mirror Mastery)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Vow of Wildness on your Devastator
Done

Spidey: 42
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 73
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *already cast 2 time*
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Island x4
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

(T) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, ; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(T) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)
(U) Azorious Guildmage (2/2; 2W: Tap target creature.; 2U: Counter target activated ability)
(S) Numot, the Devastator (9/9; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2R. If I do, destroy up to two target lands) ~ Wilding~
(S) Guard Gomazoa (1/3; Flying, Defender; Prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to ~)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 29
Dmg from Commander: 6/21
Hand: 2
Library: 76
Commander Zone: 2URG * cast 3 times*
Battlefield:

(UUT) Island x3
(U) Island from Spidey
(UTT) Mountain x3
(UUT) Forest x3
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

Vow of Wildness (Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, has trample, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(U) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(S) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 3 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(S) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 3 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, Spitebellows, Hull Breach
Exile:Valley Rannet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Aw man... I wanted to use him... :rolleyes:

Untap, upkeep - draw a card, gain a life, Draw

Island

Done

Spidey: 43
Hand: 7
Library: 71
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *already cast 2 time*
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Island x5
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, ; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(U) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)
(U) Azorious Guildmage (2/2; 2W: Tap target creature.; 2U: Counter target activated ability)
(U) Numot, the Devastator (9/9; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2R. If I do, destroy up to two target lands) ~ Wilding~
(U) Guard Gomazoa (1/3; Flying, Defender; Prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to ~)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUT) Island x3
(U) Island from Spidey
(UTT) Mountain x3
(UUT) Forest x3
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

Vow of Wildness (Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, has trample, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(U) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(S) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 3 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(S) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 3 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, Spitebellows, Hull Breach

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Use him or lose him? ;)

Untap, upkeep - draw a card, gain a life, Draw
Explosive Vegetation, UR for another one.
Response

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Island x5
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, ; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(U) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)
(U) Numot, the Devastator (9/9; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2R. If I do, destroy up to two target lands) ~ Wilding~
(U) Guard Gomazoa (1/3; Flying, Defender; Prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to ~)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUT) Island x3
(T) Island from Spidey
(UTT) Mountain x3
(UUT) Forest x3
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Okay, they Island, Island, Mountan Forest
Intet, the Dreamer
Response

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Island x5
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

Exile:
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4

(S) Intet, the Dreamer (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, Spitebellows, Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
But can I stabalize the board aganst your life gain card draw....
I'll copy it and be done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Island x5
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4

(S) Intet, the Dreamer (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. )
(S) Intet, the Dreamer Token (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, Spitebellows, Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think you went past stabilizing and into control...

EOT, tap both Dragons

Untap, upkeep - gain a life, draw a card, Draw

Nin, the Pain Artist
Responses?

Spidey: 44
Hand: 8
Library: 69
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U) Island x5
(U,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

(S) Nin, the Pain Artist (1/1; XUR, T: ~ deals X dmg to target creature. That creature's controller draws X cards)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4

(T) Intet, the Dreamer (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. )
(T) Intet, the Dreamer Token (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Vow of Duty on the "real" Dragon.
Responses?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Island x5
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

(S) Nin, the Pain Artist (1/1; XUR, T: ~ deals X dmg to target creature. That creature's controller draws X cards)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4

(T) Intet, the Dreamer (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. ) *Vow of Duty?*
(T) Intet, the Dreamer Token (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. )

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Artisan of Kozilek
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Island x5
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

Exile:
Library: 75
Battlefield:

(UUTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUTT) Mountain x4
(UUUT) Forest x4
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

(U) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 3 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 3 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Intet, the Dreamer (Legendary Dragon, 8/8, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. ) *Vow of Duty?*
(U) Intet, the Dreamer Token (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. )
(S) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Get spitebellows back to my hand and pay the GU for another one, getting nothing from my gy.
Evoke spitebellows
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Island x5
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(UTTT) Mountain x4
(UUTT) Forest x4

(U) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Intet, the Dreamer (Legendary Dragon, 8/8, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. ) *Vow of Duty?*
(U) Intet, the Dreamer Token (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. )
(S) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(S) Artisan of Kozilek Token (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation

R

rokapoke

Artisan puts it right into the battlefield, champ. No Evoke for you!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh, I do think I messed up. The Artisian is legendary and the token would destroy one of them, lets say the token and the Spitebellows doesn't go to my hand, that was the treefolk.
So there is a Spitebellows in play
I'll get another one for GU
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Island x5
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(UTTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4

(U) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(S) Spitebellows (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)
(S) Spitebellows (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation
Exile:Valley Rannet[/quote]