Commander 2011: Spidey (Political Puppets) vs Mooseman (Mirror Mastery)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, hope I got everything.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Journey to Nowhere, targeting your Artisan
Responses?

Spidey: 35
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 7
Library: 57
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *already cast 2 time*
Battlefield:

(U,U) Island x2
(T,T,U,U) Plains x4
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

When ~ ETB, exile target creature.; When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiles creature to the battlefield under its owner's control)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War, Azorious Guildmage, Trade Secrets, Island x4, Numot, the Devastator, Court Hussar, Guard Gomazoa, Nin, the Pain Artist, Fog Bank,Windborn Muse, Vow of Duty, Murmurs From Beyond, Spurnmage Advocate
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 29
Dmg from Commander: 6/21
Hand:5 (Deadwood Treefolk)
Library: 69
Commander Zone: 2URG * cast 3 times*
Battlefield:

(UTTTTT) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(TTTT) Forest x4
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )
(T) Prophetic Prism (ETB tapped T: add 1 of any color)

(T) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation, Spitebellows, Nucklavee, Fierce Empath, Riku of Two Reflections, Intet, the Dreamer, Vow of Wildness
Exile: Valley Rannet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Brion Stoutarm
Jotun Grunt

Done

Hand: 5
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *already cast 2 time*
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Island x3
(T,T,T,T) Plains x4
(T,U) Mt x2

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

Journey to Nowhere (When ~ ETB, exile target creature.; When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiles creature to the battlefield under its owner's control)
(S) Brion Stoutarm (4/4; Lifelink; R, T, Sac a creature other than ~: ~ deals dmg equal to the sacced creature's power to target player)
(S) Jotun Grunt (4/4; Cumulative upkeep: Put two cards from a single graveyard on the bottom of their owner's library)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War, Azorious Guildmage, Trade Secrets, Island x4, Numot, the Devastator, Court Hussar, Guard Gomazoa, Nin, the Pain Artist, Fog Bank,Windborn Muse, Vow of Duty, Murmurs From Beyond, Spurnmage Advocate
Exile:
Hand:5 (Deadwood Treefolk)
Library: 69
Commander Zone: 2URG * cast 3 times*
Battlefield:

(UTTTTT) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(TTTT) Forest x4
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation, Spitebellows, Nucklavee, Fierce Empath, Riku of Two Reflections, Vow of Wildness, Intet, the Dreamer
Exile:Valley Rannet, Artisan of Kozilek (via Journey to Nowhere)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Forest
Riku of Two Reflections
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Island x3
(T,T,T,T) Plains x4
(T,U) Mt x2

Journey to Nowhere (When ~ ETB, exile target creature.; When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiles creature to the battlefield under its owner's control)
(S) Brion Stoutarm (4/4; Lifelink; R, T, Sac a creature other than ~: ~ deals dmg equal to the sacced creature's power to target player)
(S) Jotun Grunt (4/4; Cumulative upkeep: Put two cards from a single graveyard on the bottom of their owner's library)

Exile:
Hand: 6 (Deadwood Treefolk)
Library: 68
Commander Zone: 2URG * cast 4 times*
Battlefield:

(UTTTTT) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(UUUU) Forest x5
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )

(S) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation, Spitebellows, Nucklavee, Fierce Empath, Riku of Two Reflections, Vow of Wildness, Intet, the Dreamer

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Hydra Omnivore and his token

Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Island x3
(T,T,T,T) Plains x4
(T,U) Mt x2

Exile:
Hand: 5 (Deadwood Treefolk)
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(TTTTT) Forest x5

(S) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(S) Hydra Omnivore (Hydra, 8/8, Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.)
(S) Hydra Omnivore Token (Hydra, 8/8, Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yay.

Untap, upkeep - age ctr and pay it, putting Numot and Azoriusm Guildmage on the bottom of my library, Draw

Terramphic Expanse
Use it to get a Mt
Izzet Chronarch
Responses?

Hand: 4
Library: 55
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Island x3
(T,U,U,U) Plains x4
(T,T,U) Mt x3

(U) Brion Stoutarm (4/4; Lifelink; R, T, Sac a creature other than ~: ~ deals dmg equal to the sacced creature's power to target player)
(U) Jotun Grunt (4/4; Cumulative upkeep: Put two cards from a single graveyard on the bottom of their owner's library)
(S) Izzet Chronarch (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target instant or sorcery card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War, Trade Secrets, Island x4, Court Hussar, Guard Gomazoa, Nin, the Pain Artist, Fog Bank,Windborn Muse, Vow of Duty, Murmurs From Beyond, Spurnmage Advocate
Exile:
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(TTTTT) Forest x5

(S) Hydra Omnivore (Hydra, 8/8, Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.)
(S) Hydra Omnivore Token (Hydra, 8/8, Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll get Scattering Stroke

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Island x3
(T,U,U,U) Plains x4
(T,T,U) Mt x3

(U) Brion Stoutarm (4/4; Lifelink; R, T, Sac a creature other than ~: ~ deals dmg equal to the sacced creature's power to target player)
(U) Jotun Grunt (4/4; Cumulative upkeep: Put two cards from a single graveyard on the bottom of their owner's library)
(S) Izzet Chronarch (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target instant or sorcery card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Crescendo of War, Trade Secrets, Island x4, Court Hussar, Guard Gomazoa, Nin, the Pain Artist, Fog Bank,Windborn Muse, Vow of Duty, Murmurs From Beyond, Spurnmage Advocate
Exile:
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(TTTTT) Forest x5

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Forest
Faultgrinder for it's evoke cost
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Island x3
(T,U,U,U) Plains x4
(T,T,U) Mt x3

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Crescendo of War, Trade Secrets, Island x4, Court Hussar, Guard Gomazoa, Nin, the Pain Artist, Fog Bank,Windborn Muse, Vow of Duty, Murmurs From Beyond, Spurnmage Advocate
Exile:
Hand: 4 (Deadwood Treefolk)
Library: 67
Battlefield:

(UUUUUU) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUUT) Mountain x4
(UUUUUT) Forest x6
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Prophetic Prism (ETB tapped T: add 1 of any color)

(U) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(U) Hydra Omnivore (Hydra, 8/8, Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.)
(U) Hydra Omnivore Token (Hydra, 8/8, Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
4? Isn't it 2 if you copy it?

For the clash, I reveal Brainstorm (cc 1) and put it back on top of my library

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oh yeah, just 2 lands.... still not a decoy spell
reveal MT, put on bottom of library
Attack with both Hydras
Response/block?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T,T,T,U) Plains x4
(T,T,U) Mt x3

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Crescendo of War, Trade Secrets, Island x4, Court Hussar, Guard Gomazoa, Nin, the Pain Artist, Fog Bank,Windborn Muse, Vow of Duty, Murmurs From Beyond, Spurnmage Advocate, Scattering Stroke
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUUU) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUUT) Mountain x4
(UUUUUT) Forest x6
(U) Prophetic Prism (ETB tapped T: add 1 of any color)

(U) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(T) Hydra Omnivore (Hydra, 8/8, Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.)
(T) Hydra Omnivore Token (Hydra, 8/8, Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation, Spitebellows, Nucklavee, Fierce Empath, Riku of Two Reflections, Vow of Wildness, Intet, the Dreamer, Faultgrinder

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, Take it?
Okay that's 16
Simic Sky Swallower
Get a token of it
Deadwood Treefolk (get back the faultgrinder)
Get a token, get the Nucklavee

Spidey: 19
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T,T,T,U) Plains x4
(T,T,U) Mt x3

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Crescendo of War, Trade Secrets, Island x4, Court Hussar, Guard Gomazoa, Nin, the Pain Artist, Fog Bank,Windborn Muse, Vow of Duty, Murmurs From Beyond, Spurnmage Advocate, Scattering Stroke
Exile:
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(TTTTTT) Forest x6

(T) Hydra Omnivore (Hydra, 8/8, Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.)
(T) Hydra Omnivore Token (Hydra, 8/8, Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.)
(S) Deadwood Treefolk ( 3/6, Vanishing 3 When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(S) Deadwood Treefolk Token ( 3/6, Vanishing 3 When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(S) Simic Sky Swallower (,6/6, Flying, trample Simic Sky Swallower can't be the target of spells or abilities. )
(S) Simic Sky Swallower Token ( 6/6, Flying, trample Simic Sky Swallower can't be the target of spells or abilities. )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation, Spitebellows, Fierce Empath, Vow of Wildness, Intet, the Dreamer, Faultgrinder

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, this is pretty much it.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Insurrection and hopefully game?

Spidey: 19
Hand: 4
Library: 54
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Island x3
(T,T,U,U) Plains x4
(T,T,T) Mt x3

(U) Izzet Chronarch (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target instant or sorcery card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Crescendo of War, Trade Secrets, Island x4, Court Hussar, Guard Gomazoa, Nin, the Pain Artist, Fog Bank,Windborn Muse, Vow of Duty, Murmurs From Beyond, Spurnmage Advocate, Scattering Stroke, Insurrection
Exile:
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(TTTTTT) Forest x6

(S) Deadwood Treefolk ( 3/6, Vanishing 3 When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(S) Deadwood Treefolk Token ( 3/6, Vanishing 3 When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(S) Simic Sky Swallower (,6/6, Flying, trample Simic Sky Swallower can't be the target of spells or abilities. )
(S) Simic Sky Swallower Token ( 6/6, Flying, trample Simic Sky Swallower can't be the target of spells or abilities. )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation, Spitebellows, Fierce Empath, Vow of Wildness, Intet, the Dreamer, Faultgrinder

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yep, that's game. Nice ending. That card is a bit broken against this deck..... How long were you holding it?

I think I only have counter punch to pilot now.