Commander 2011: Spidey (Political Puppets) vs Mooseman (Mirror Mastery)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, the stupid cloning is making me confused too, but yeah, I think Melkor's right. Thank goodness you guys are watching to keep us straight :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Fixed
I hope.

Spidey: 44
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 7
Library: 69
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *already cast 2 time*
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Island x5
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, ; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(U) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)
(U) Azorious Guildmage (2/2; 2W: Tap target creature.; 2U: Counter target activated ability)
(U) Numot, the Devastator (9/9; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2R. If I do, destroy up to two target lands) ~ Wilding~
(U) Guard Gomazoa (1/3; Flying, Defender; Prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to ~)
(S) Nin, the Pain Artist (1/1; XUR, T: ~ deals X dmg to target creature. That creature's controller draws X cards)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 29
Dmg from Commander: 6/21
Hand: 1
Library: 75
Commander Zone: 2URG * cast 3 times*
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(UTTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

Vow of Wildness (Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, has trample, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(U) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(U) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Intet, the Dreamer (Legendary Dragon, 8/8, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. ) *Vow of Duty?*
(S) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(S) Artisan of Kozilek Token (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(S) Spitebellows (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)
(S) Spitebellows Token (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation
Exile:Valley Rannet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good. EOT, tap the real Artisan

Untap, upkeep - gain a life, draw a card, Draw

Island

Done- discard Crescendo of War

Spidey: 45
Library: 67
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *already cast 2 time*
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Island x6
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, ; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(U) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)
(U) Azorious Guildmage (2/2; 2W: Tap target creature.; 2U: Counter target activated ability)
(U) Numot, the Devastator (9/9; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2R. If I do, destroy up to two target lands) ~ Wilding~
(U) Guard Gomazoa (1/3; Flying, Defender; Prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to ~)
(U) Nin, the Pain Artist (1/1; XUR, T: ~ deals X dmg to target creature. That creature's controller draws X cards)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War
Exile:
Library: 75
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(UTTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

Vow of Wildness (Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, has trample, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(U) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(U) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Intet, the Dreamer (Legendary Dragon, 8/8, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. ) *Vow of Duty?*
(T) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(S) Artisan of Kozilek Token (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(S) Spitebellows (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)
(S) Spitebellows Token (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Pass priority, because you have so much you can do

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Island x6
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) Nin, the Pain Artist (1/1; XUR, T: ~ deals X dmg to target creature. That creature's controller draws X cards)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War
Exile:
Hand: 2
Library: 74
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x5
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUUU) Mountain x4
(UUUU) Forest x4
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

(U) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(U) Artisan of Kozilek Token (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(U) Spitebellows (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)
(U) Spitebellows Token (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are you saying you're Declaring Combat? Or just passing priority before ending your turn? I'm confused... we've never did that before :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Passing Proirity at the end of my first main phase to enter combat
Since you have so many choices, I wanted to let you have a chance in my first main phase.
If not, we will go to the combat step.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, but just to be clear, when we enter the Combat Step and you say Declare combat like we've done before, there's a priority period for us before Declare Attackers, right? Because the difference I see with how you're doing it this way is that if I choose to do something now and it resolves, we're still in your first main and priority will start again with you and you can do sorcery stuff.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That is true, but I didn't want to start combat until you had a chance to play.
It is now the combat step.
Response?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Attack with both spitebellows and one Treefolk
Unless you have another respose before declare attackers.

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,T,T,T) Island x6
(T,T) Plains x2
(U,T) Mt x2

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x5
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUUU) Mountain x4
(UUUU) Forest x4
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )

(T) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(U) Artisan of Kozilek Token (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(T) Spitebellows (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)
(T) Spitebellows Token (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I gotta remember what I was trying to do...

Plumeveil blocks the Treefolk
Gomazoa blocks a Spitebellows
Other Spitebellows is unblocked

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Treefolk and Spitebellows die
you take 6
6 damage to Azorious Guildmage from Spitebellows hitting the GY
Response?

Spidey: 39
Hand: 6
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,T,T,T) Island x6
(T,T) Plains x2
(U,T) Mt x2

(S) Plumeveil

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x5
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUUU) Mountain x4
(UUUU) Forest x4

(T) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(T) Artisan of Kozilek Token (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(T) Spitebellows (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation, Deadwood Treefolk

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No responses, but why does your Treefolk die? My Plumeveil is only 4/4 and the Treefolk's toughness is 6...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Missed the power of your creature.... I don't have it.
Treefolk lives
Your Guildmage dies
Feirce Empath
Response?

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,T,T,T) Island x6
(T,T) Plains x2
(U,T) Mt x2

(S) Plumeveil

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War, Azorious Guildmage
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x5
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUUT) Mountain x4
(UUUT) Forest x4

(T) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(T) Artisan of Kozilek Token (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(S) Fierce Empath (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation, Deadwood Treefolk

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Pay the GU to get another
Search library for
Nucklavee and Simic Sky Swallower
Cast Nucklavee pay GU for another
Getting back to hand
Call the SkyBreaker
Savage twister

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,T,T,T) Island x6
(T,T) Plains x2
(U,T) Mt x2

(S) Plumeveil

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War, Azorious Guildmage
Exile:
Hand: 4
Library: 72
Battlefield:

(UUTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

(S) Fierce Empath (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(S) Fierce Empath Token (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(S) Nucklavee (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target blue instant card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(S) Nucklavee Token (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target blue instant card from your graveyard to your hand. )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation