Commander 2011: Spidey (Political Puppets) vs Mooseman (Mirror Mastery)

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Zedruu

Done

Spidey: 40
    Dmg from Commander: 0/21
    Hand: 4
    Library: 85
    Commander Zone: 1RUW
    Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
    (T,T) Plains x2
    (T,U) Mt x2

Vow of Lightning (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has first strike, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

(U) Prophetic Prism (When ~ ETB, draw a card.; 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
    (U) Dreamstone Hedron (T: Add 3 to my mana pool.; 3, T, Sac ~: Draw 3 cards)

(S) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp
    Exile:
    ============================================================================
    Mooseman: 40
    Hand: 5
    Library: 80
    Commander Zone:2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
    Battlefield:

(UU) Island x2
    (UUU) Mountain x3
    (U) Forest
    (U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
    (T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
    (U) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

(U) Valley Rannet (Beast, 8/5; First strike from Vow, Mountaincycling {2}, forestcycling {2} ({2}, Discard this card: Search your library for a Mountain or Forest card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)) *Lightning Vow*

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere
    Exile:
  2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, Draw
    Forest
    Riku of Two Reflections
    Response?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
    (T,T) Plains x2
    (T,U) Mt x2

Vow of Lightning (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has first strike, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

(U) Prophetic Prism (When ~ ETB, draw a card.; 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(S) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )

Exile:
    Library: 79
    Commander Zone:2URG
    Battlefield:

(UU) Island x2
    (UUU) Mountain x3
    (UU) Forest x2
    (T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
    (U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
    (T) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

(U) Valley Rannet (Beast, 8/5; First strike from Vow, Mountaincycling {2}, forestcycling {2} ({2}, Discard this card: Search your library for a Mountain or Forest card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)) *Lightning Vow*
    (S) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere
    Exile:
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

4. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Good
    Spitebellows
    Response?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
    (T,T) Plains x2
    (T,U) Mt x2

Exile:
    Hand:
    Battlefield:

(UU) Island x2
    (TTT) Mountain x3
    (UT) Forest x2
    (T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
    (T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

(S) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
    (S) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.

Exile:
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

6. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

ETB and pay GU for a copy of it from Riku
    Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
    (T,T) Plains x2
    (T,U) Mt x2

Exile:
    Hand:
    Battlefield:

(UT) Island x2
    (TTT) Mountain x3
    (TT) Forest x2

(S) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)
    (S) Spitebellows Token (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)

Exile:
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Oh boy.

EOT, use Zedron to give you an Island

Untap, upkeep - gain a life, draw a card, Draw

Island
    False Prophet

Done

Spidey: 41
    Library: 83
    Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
    (T,T) Plains x2
    (T,U) Mt x2

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
    (S) False Prophet (2/2; When ~ goes to the graveyard from the battlefield, exile all creatures)

Exile:
    Hand:
    Battlefield:

(UT) Island x2
    (T) Island from Spidey
    (TTT) Mountain x3
    (TT) Forest x2

(S) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)
    (S) Spitebellows Token (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)

Exile:
  8. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Well, well, look who is playing cards this time....:eek:
    UUD
    Island
    Attack with all three that can
    Response/blocks?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
    (T,T) Plains x2
    (T,U) Mt x2

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
    (S) False Prophet (2/2; When ~ goes to the graveyard from the battlefield, exile all creatures)

Exile:
    Library: 78
    Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
    (U) Island from Spidey
    (UUU) Mountain x3
    (UU) Forest x2
    (U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
    (U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

(T) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
    (T) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)
    (T) Spitebellows Token (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)

Exile:
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

10. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Colossal Might on the Riku
    That's 18
    Done

Spidey: 41 (23?)
    Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
    (T,T) Plains x2
    (T,U) Mt x2

Exile:
    Hand: 3
    Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
    (U) Island from Spidey
    (UUU) Mountain x3
    (UU) Forest x2

(T) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
    (T) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)
    (T) Spitebellows Token (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might
    Exile:
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Wait a minute yo. After that resolves, tap out and use Prism for Pollen Lullaby. Responses?
  12. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Nope it resolves
    Hull Breach 2 cc
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I reveal a Plains - doh! I'll put it at the bottom of my library. You? Does the rest of your turn change any or are you still done?
  14. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

No change on my part
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No, I meant are you keeping Hull Breach on top of your library or putting it on the bottom?
  16. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

All righty.

Untap, upkeep-gain a life, draw a card, Draw

Island

Done

Library: 81
    Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
    (U,U) Plains x2
    (U,U) Mt x2

(U) False Prophet (2/2; When ~ goes to the graveyard from the battlefield, exile all creatures)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby
    Exile:
    Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
    (U) Island from Spidey
    (UUU) Mountain x3
    (UU) Forest x2

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might
    Exile:
  18. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, Draw
    Hull Breach targeting Vow and Hedron
    Response?

Library: 81
    Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
    (U,U) Plains x2
    (U,U) Mt x2

(U) False Prophet (2/2; When ~ goes to the graveyard from the battlefield, exile all creatures)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby
    Exile:
    Library: 77
    Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
    (U) Island from Spidey
    (UUU) Mountain x3
    (UU) Forest x2

Exile:
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

UWR and sac the Hedron to draw 3 cards. Responses?
  20. Mooseman Isengar Tussle