Commander 2011: Spidey (Political Puppets) vs Mooseman (Mirror Mastery)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Zedruu

Done

Spidey: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 4
Library: 85
Commander Zone: 1RUW
Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

Vow of Lightning (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has first strike, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

(U) Prophetic Prism (When ~ ETB, draw a card.; 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(U) Dreamstone Hedron (T: Add 3 to my mana pool.; 3, T, Sac ~: Draw 3 cards)

(S) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Hand: 5
Library: 80
Commander Zone:2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
Battlefield:

(UU) Island x2
(UUU) Mountain x3
(U) Forest
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

(U) Valley Rannet (Beast, 8/5; First strike from Vow, Mountaincycling {2}, forestcycling {2} ({2}, Discard this card: Search your library for a Mountain or Forest card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)) *Lightning Vow*

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Forest
Riku of Two Reflections
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

Vow of Lightning (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has first strike, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

(U) Prophetic Prism (When ~ ETB, draw a card.; 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(S) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )

Exile:
Library: 79
Commander Zone:2URG
Battlefield:

(UU) Island x2
(UUU) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

(U) Valley Rannet (Beast, 8/5; First strike from Vow, Mountaincycling {2}, forestcycling {2} ({2}, Discard this card: Search your library for a Mountain or Forest card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)) *Lightning Vow*
(S) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Good
Spitebellows
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

Exile:
Hand:
Battlefield:

(UU) Island x2
(TTT) Mountain x3
(UT) Forest x2
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

(S) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(S) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
ETB and pay GU for a copy of it from Riku
Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

Exile:
Hand:
Battlefield:

(UT) Island x2
(TTT) Mountain x3
(TT) Forest x2

(S) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)
(S) Spitebellows Token (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh boy.

EOT, use Zedron to give you an Island

Untap, upkeep - gain a life, draw a card, Draw

Island
False Prophet

Done

Spidey: 41
Library: 83
Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(S) False Prophet (2/2; When ~ goes to the graveyard from the battlefield, exile all creatures)

Exile:
Hand:
Battlefield:

(UT) Island x2
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTT) Mountain x3
(TT) Forest x2

(S) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)
(S) Spitebellows Token (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, well, look who is playing cards this time....:eek:
UUD
Island
Attack with all three that can
Response/blocks?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(S) False Prophet (2/2; When ~ goes to the graveyard from the battlefield, exile all creatures)

Exile:
Library: 78
Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUU) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

(T) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(T) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)
(T) Spitebellows Token (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Colossal Might on the Riku
That's 18
Done

Spidey: 41 (23?)
Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2

Exile:
Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUU) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2

(T) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(T) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)
(T) Spitebellows Token (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I reveal a Plains - doh! I'll put it at the bottom of my library. You? Does the rest of your turn change any or are you still done?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty.

Untap, upkeep-gain a life, draw a card, Draw

Island

Done

Library: 81
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) False Prophet (2/2; When ~ goes to the graveyard from the battlefield, exile all creatures)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUU) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Hull Breach targeting Vow and Hedron
Response?

Library: 81
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) False Prophet (2/2; When ~ goes to the graveyard from the battlefield, exile all creatures)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby
Exile:
Library: 77
Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUU) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2

Exile: