Commander 2011: Spidey (Political Puppets) vs Mooseman (Mirror Mastery)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well this sucks.

Untap, upkeep - draw 1, gain 1, Draw

Sol Ring
Trade Secrets
Responses?

Spidey: 39
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 65
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *already cast 2 time*
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U,U) Island x6
(T,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, ; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(U) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)
(U) Numot, the Devastator (9/9; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2R. If I do, destroy up to two target lands) ~ Wilding~
(U) Guard Gomazoa (1/3; Flying, Defender; Prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to ~)
(U) Nin, the Pain Artist (1/1; XUR, T: ~ deals X dmg to target creature. That creature's controller draws X cards)
(U) Plumeveil (4/4)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War, Azorious Guildmage, Trade Secrets
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 29
Dmg from Commander: 6/21
Hand: 4
Library: 72
Commander Zone: 2URG * cast 3 times*
Battlefield:

(UUTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

Vow of Wildness (Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, has trample, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(U) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(U) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(T) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Intet, the Dreamer (Legendary Dragon, 8/8, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. ) *Vow of Duty?*
(T) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(T) Artisan of Kozilek Token (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(T) Spitebellows (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)
(S) Fierce Empath (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(S) Fierce Empath Token (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(S) Nucklavee (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target blue instant card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(S) Nucklavee Token (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target blue instant card from your graveyard to your hand. )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation
Exile:Valley Rannet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dang. I think that's pretty much it then.

Plains
Fog Bank
Windborn Muse

Done

Hand: 7
Library: 61
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *already cast 2 time*
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,U) Island x6
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,U) Mt x2

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, ; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(U) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)
(U) Numot, the Devastator (9/9; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2R. If I do, destroy up to two target lands) ~ Wilding~
(U) Guard Gomazoa (1/3; Flying, Defender; Prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to ~)
(U) Nin, the Pain Artist (1/1; XUR, T: ~ deals X dmg to target creature. That creature's controller draws X cards)
(U) Plumeveil (4/4)
(S) Fog Bank (0/2; Flying; Defender; Prevent all combat dmg dealt to and dealt by ~)
(S) Windborn Muse (2/3; Flying; Creatures can't attack me unless their controller pays 2 for each creature he controls attacking me)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War, Azorious Guildmage, Trade Secrets
Exile:
Library: 70
Battlefield:

(UUTTT) Island x5
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

Vow of Wildness (Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, has trample, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(U) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(U) Deadwood Treefolk Token (, 3/6, Vanishing 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(T) Deadwood Treefolk (, 3/6, Vanishing 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Intet, the Dreamer (Legendary Dragon, 8/8, Flying. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2U. If you do, remove the top card of your library from the game face down. You may look at that card as long as it remains removed from the game. You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play. ) *Vow of Duty?*
(T) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(T) Artisan of Kozilek Token (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(T) Spitebellows (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)
(S) Fierce Empath (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(S) Fierce Empath Token (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(S) Nucklavee (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
(S) Nucklavee Token (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Not sure how that is it... but
UUD
Island
Declare attack step.
?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,U) Island x6
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,U) Mt x2

(U) Plumeveil (4/4)
(S) Fog Bank (0/2; Flying; Defender; Prevent all combat dmg dealt to and dealt by ~)
(S) Windborn Muse (2/3; Flying; Creatures can't attack me unless their controller pays 2 for each creature he controls attacking me)

Exile:
Library: 69
Battlefield:

(UUUUUU) Island x6
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUUU) Mountain x4
(UUUU) Forest x4
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

(U) Artisan of Kozilek (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(U) Artisan of Kozilek Token (Eldrazi, 10/9, When you cast Artisan of Kozilek, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.) )
(U) Spitebellows (6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.Evoke 1RR(You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it comes into play.)
(U) Fierce Empath (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(U) Fierce Empath Token (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(U) Nucklavee (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
(U) Nucklavee Token (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Forgot to vanish the treefolk
I'll stack it so the token is first on stack

Attack with everything that can
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,U) Island x6
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,U) Mt x2

(U) Plumeveil (4/4)

Exile:
Hand: 7 (Deadwood Treefolk)
Battlefield:

(UUUUUU) Island x6
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUUU) Mountain x4
(UUUU) Forest x4
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

(T) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(T) Fierce Empath (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(T) Fierce Empath Token (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(T) Nucklavee (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
(T) Nucklavee Token (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Missed the Muse...hmmmmmm..... illegal attack declaration, means I'll have to rewind....
Attack with Eldrazi, Spitebellows and Nuckleheads
Response?Sac 4 permanents? Blocks?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,U) Island x6
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,U) Mt x2

(U) Plumeveil (4/4)

Exile:
Hand: 7 (Deadwood Treefolk)
Battlefield:

(UTTTTT) Island x6
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUTT) Mountain x4
(UUTT) Forest x4

(U) Fierce Empath (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(U) Fierce Empath Token (Elf, 1/1, When Fierce Empath comes into play, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
(T) Nucklavee (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
(T) Nucklavee Token (Beast, 4/4, When Nucklavee comes into play, you may return target red sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man... no response to the Attack declaration, sac 4 tapped Islands for the Artisans, Devastator blocks Artisan token, Fog Bank blocks Spitebellows, Gomazoa block real Artisan, Plumeveil blocks a Nucklehead, other Nucklehead in unblocked.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Okay, Damage resolution:
Plumevil and Nuclehead token (the one you should block) die
Eldrazi token dies
Devastator takes 4
You take 4
Savage twister for 5
Response?

Spidey: 35
Battlefield:

(,T,U) Island x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,U) Mt x2

(U) Plumeveil (4/4)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War, Azorious Guildmage, Trade Secrets, Island x4
Exile:
Hand:6 (Deadwood Treefolk)
Battlefield:

(UTTTTT) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(UTTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Forest x4

Exile:Valley Rannet[/quote]

R

rokapoke

Hey Moosey, the Devastator blocked an Artisan and therefore died in combat. Does that change your Savage Twister plan?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No change in plans just forgot to remove the artisian from the board and the devastator is already dead
If I don't make anymore mistakes:
You creatures are all dead (commander back to it's zone)
I still have the Dreamer and the Eldrozsi
Prophetic Prism
Done

Spidey: 35
Battlefield:

(,T,U) Island x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,U) Mt x2

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire, Lightning Greaves, Prophetic Prism, Scattering Stroke, Crescendo of War, Azorious Guildmage, Trade Secrets, Island x4, Numot, the Devastator, Court Hussar, Guard Gomazoa, Nin, the Pain Artist, Fog Bank,Windborn Muse
Exile:
Hand:5 (Deadwood Treefolk)
Battlefield:

(UTTTTT) Island x6
(T) Island from Spidey
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(TTTT) Forest x4
(T) Prophetic Prism (ETB tapped T: add 1 of any color)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, , Hull Breach, Explosive Vegetation, Spitebellows, Nucklavee, Fierce Empath, Riku of Two Reflections

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Also, doesn't your Spitebellows have to deal dmg to a creature? Which would be one of your two since they're the only creatures on the board?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Also, doesn't your Spitebellows have to deal dmg to a creature? Which would be one of your two since they're the only creatures on the board?
True, there was so much going on, I missed that too.
The Dreamer is now dead.

Both of our enchantments should be in the GYs..... another clean up I missed.....

I'll choose the Spurnmage Advocate