Commander 2011: Spidey (Political Puppets) vs Mooseman (Mirror Mastery)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, I screwed that up
So
Attack with three again
Block/Response?

Spidey: 41
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 5
Library: 81
Commander Zone: 1RUW
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

Vow of Lightning (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has first strike, and can't attack me or a planewalker I control)

(U) Prophetic Prism (When ~ ETB, draw a card.; 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(U) Dreamstone Hedron (T: Add 3 to my mana pool.; 3, T, Sac ~: Draw 3 cards)

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(U) False Prophet (2/2; When ~ goes to the graveyard from the battlefield, exile all creatures)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Hand: 3
Library: 78 (Hull Breach)
Commander Zone:2URG
Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
(U) Island from Spidey
(UUU) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

(U) Valley Rannet (Beast, 8/5; First strike from Vow, Mountaincycling {2}, forestcycling {2} ({2}, Discard this card: Search your library for a Mountain or Forest card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)) *Lightning Vow*
(T) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
(T) Spitebellows (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)
(T) Spitebellows Token (Elemental, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature.)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Since you are so full of useful cards this game, do you have a response to damage or your Prophet's ability?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You take 2
Commanders to their zone and all other creatures to the GY/exile
Recast Riku
Done

Spidey: 39
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) Prophetic Prism (When ~ ETB, draw a card.; 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning
Exile:
Commander Zone:2URG
Battlefield:

(UTT) Island x3
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUT) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2
(T) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Signet ( 1, T:UR )

(S) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, Spitebellows
Exile:Valley Rannet,

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That deck does rock... right?
Done

Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Punishing Fire
Exile:
Commander Zone:2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
Battlefield:

(UTT) Island x3
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUT) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

Graveyard: Kodama's Reach, Call the Skybreaker, Savage Twister, Armillary Sphere, Colossal Might, Spitebellows
Exile:Valley Rannet,

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kind of, although I still feel like I'm playing catchup. Put the Hedron in my graveyard too and edited my hand count.

Untap, upkeep, draw

Island
Zedruu
Court Hussar

Hand: 6
Library: 79
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *already cast 2 time*
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Island x4
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Mt x2

(S) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(S) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire
Exile:
Commander Zone:2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield) *already cast 2 times*
Battlefield:

(UTT) Island x3
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUT) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2

Exile:Valley Rannet

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Your card draw will kill me.
Untap, upkeep, draw

Riku
Done

Library: 79
Commander Zone: 1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *already cast 2 time*
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Island x4
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Mt x2

(S) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(S) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Gomazoa, Chaos Warp, Pollen Lullaby, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Dreamstone Hedron, Punishing Fire
Exile:
Hand: 4
Library: 77
Commander Zone:2URG * cast 3 times*
Battlefield:

(UTT) Island x3
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUT) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2

(S) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I sure hope so :)

Untap, upkeep - gain a life, draw a card, draw

Whirlpool Whelm
Responses?

Spidey: 40
Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Island x4
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(U) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(U) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UTT) Island x3
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUT) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I reveal Perilous Research and so will choose to put Riku on top of your library. I will put Perilous Research on the bottom of my library.

Attack with both
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Island x4
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(T) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(T) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)

Exile:
Library: 77 ( Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
Battlefield:

(UTT) Island x3
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUT) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 3

Azorious Guildmage

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Island x4
(T,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(T) ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(T) Court Hussar (1/3; Vigilance; When ~ ETB, look at the top three cards of my library, then put one in my hand and the rest on the bottom of my library in any order)
(S) Azorious Guildmage (2/2; 2W: Tap target creature.; 2U: Counter target activated ability)

Exile:
Mooseman: 37
Dmg from Commander: 2/21
Library: 77 ( Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
Battlefield:

(UTT) Island x3
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUT) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x2

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD

Riku

Response?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Island x4
(T,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

(S) Azorious Guildmage (2/2; 2W: Tap target creature.; 2U: Counter target activated ability)

Exile:
Commander Zone: 2URG * cast 3 times*
Battlefield:

(UTT) Island x3
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUT) Mountain x3
(UT) Forest x2
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (ETB tapped and bounce land. T: Add UR to your mana pool. )

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Island x4
(T,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2

Exile:
Commander Zone: 2URG * cast 3 times*
Battlefield:

(UTT) Island x3
(T) Island from Spidey
(UUT) Mountain x3
(UT) Forest x2
(U) Gruul Turf (ETB tapped. When Gruul Turf comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add RG to your mana pool. )