Commander 2011: Spidey (Heavenly Inferno) vs Mooseman (Political Puppets)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
MT
Arbiter of Knollridge
Done

Spidey: 31
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 3
Library: 72
Commander Zone: 1WBR Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,U) Mt x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *2 storage ctrs*
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (W, B, R)

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 my mana pool)

(T) Orzhov Guildmage (2/2; 2W: Target player gains a life.; 2B: Each player loses a life)

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 31
Commander Zone:
1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UTTT) Island x4
(UTT) Mountain x3

(S) Arbiter of Knollridge (Giant Wizard, 5/5, Vigilance When Arbiter of Knollridge comes into play, each player's life total becomes the highest life total among all players. )

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu, Sol Ring, Dreamstone Hedron, Vow of Duty, Propaganda, Lightning Greaves, Howling Mine, Prison Term, Champion's Helm, Dominusof Fealty, Trade Secrets, Reins of Power, Perilous Research
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice equalizer. EOT, I'll put a storage ctr on the Slagheap and activate the Guildmage's lose life ability 3 times.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Syphon Flesh
Responses?

Spidey: 28
Library: 71
Commander Zone: 1WBR Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,U) Mt x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *3 storage ctrs*
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (W, B, R)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 my mana pool)

(U) Orzhov Guildmage (2/2; 2W: Target player gains a life.; 2B: Each player loses a life)

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places, Syphon Flesh
Exile:
Mooseman: 28
Commander Zone:
1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UTTT) Island x4
(UTT) Mountain x3

(S) Arbiter of Knollridge (Giant Wizard, 5/5, Vigilance When Arbiter of Knollridge comes into play, each player's life total becomes the highest life total among all players. )

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu, Sol Ring, Dreamstone Hedron, Vow of Duty, Propaganda, Lightning Greaves, Howling Mine, Prison Term, Champion's Helm, Dominusof Fealty, Trade Secrets, Reins of Power, Perilous Research
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Riiight :)

Righteous Cause
Attack with the Guildmage, triggering the Cause
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 29
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5
(T,U) Mt x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *3 storage ctrs*

Righteous Cause (Whenever a creature attacks, I gain 1 life)

(T) Orzhov Guildmage (2/2; 2W: Target player gains a life.; 2B: Each player loses a life)
(S) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places, Syphon Flesh
Exile:
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UTTT) Island x4
(UTT) Mountain x3

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu, Sol Ring, Dreamstone Hedron, Vow of Duty, Propaganda, Lightning Greaves, Howling Mine, Prison Term, Champion's Helm, Dominusof Fealty, Trade Secrets, Reins of Power, Perilous Research, Arbiter of Knollridge
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
MT
Wall of Denial

ZedruutheGreathearted
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5
(T,U) Mt x2
(T,T) Plains x2

(S) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Exile:
Commander Zone:1RUW
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UUTT) Island x4
(UTTT) Mountain x4

(S) Wall of Denial ( 0/8, Defender, Flying, Shroud)
(S) Zedruu the Greathearted (Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu, Sol Ring, Dreamstone Hedron, Vow of Duty, Propaganda, Lightning Greaves, Howling Mine, Prison Term, Champion's Helm, Dominusof Fealty, Trade Secrets, Reins of Power, Perilous Research, Arbiter of Knollridge
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The commander comes out!

EOT, use the Guildmage's lose life ability

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Zombie, triggering the Cause
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 70
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Orzhov Guildmage (2/2; 2W: Target player gains a life.; 2B: Each player loses a life)
(T) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Exile:
Mooseman: 27
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UUTT) Island x4
(UTTT) Mountain x4

(S) Zedruu the Greathearted (Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mt
Kaalia of the Vast

Done

Commander Zone: 1WBR
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,U,U) Mt x3
(T,U) Plains x2

(S) Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UUTT) Island x4
(UTTT) Mountain x4

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Island
False Prophet Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,U,U) Mt x3
(T,U) Plains x2

(S) Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Exile:
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UUUTT) Island x5
(UUUU) Mountain x4

(U) Wall of Denial ( 0/8, Defender, Flying, Shroud)
(U) Zedruu the Greathearted (Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(S) False Prophet (, 2/2, When False Prophet is put into a graveyard from play, remove all creatures from the game.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm...

EOT, put a storage ctr on the Slagheap and use the Guildmage's lose life ability 3 times

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Diabolic Tutor
Responses?

Spidey: 26
Library: 69
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(U,U,U) Mt x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *4 storage ctrs*

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places, Syphon Flesh, Diabolic Tutor
Exile:
Mooseman: 24
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UUUTT) Island x5
(UUUU) Mountain x4

(U) Zedruu the Greathearted (Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
(S) False Prophet (, 2/2, When False Prophet is put into a graveyard from play, remove all creatures from the game.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Attack with Kaalia, putting Mana-Charged Dragon onto the battlefield and attacking also
Righteous Cause triggers so I gain 2 life
Since the Dragon is attacking, his join forces ability triggers so I'll tap out and pay a total of 13 mana.
Dragon responses? :)
During Attacker responses? Blocks? During Blockers responses? Dmg resolves?

Library: 68
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *0 storage ctrs*
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (W, B, R)

(U) Zombie creature token (2/2)
(T) Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)
(T) Mana-Charged Dragon (5/5; Flying, trample; Join Forces-Whenever ~ attacks or blocks, each player starting with me may pay any amount of mana. ~ gets +X/+0 ueot, where X is the total amount of mana paid this way)

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places, Syphon Flesh, Diabolic Tutor
Exile:
Mooseman: 24
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UUUTT) Island x5
(UUUU) Mountain x4

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that if the Wall is removed from combat in this way, all of the Dragon's trample damage is dealt to you.

Combat Phase

(Regarding trample)
If there were blockers, but they're removed before the Combat Damage Step, all the damage will be assigned to the defending player.
Do you agree?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dragon smacks you for 18

Done

Library: 68
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *0 storage ctrs*
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (W, B, R)

(U) Zombie creature token (2/2)
(T) Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)
(T) Mana-Charged Dragon (5/5; Flying, trample; Join Forces-Whenever ~ attacks or blocks, each player starting with me may pay any amount of mana. ~ gets +X/+0 ueot, where X is the total amount of mana paid this way)

Exile:
Mooseman: 6
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UUUTT) Island x5
(UUUU) Mountain x4

Exile: