Commander 2011: Spidey (Heavenly Inferno) vs Mooseman (Political Puppets)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
and the snail race continues....
Untap, upkeep, draw
Lightning Greaves
Equip then to fog bank
Done

Spidey: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 84
Commander Zone: 1WBR Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U) Mt
(U) Plains
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *3 storage ctrs*

(U) Orzhov Signet (1, T: Add WB to my mana pool)

(U) Dragon Whelp (2/3; Flying; R: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. If this ability has been activated four or more times this turn, sac ~ at the beginning of the next end step)
(U) Razorjaw Oni (4/5; Black creatures can't block) ~ Duty Bound~

Graveyard:
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Hand: 5
Commander Zone:
1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UU) Mountain x2
(T) Sol Ring (, A, T: Add {2} to your mana pool.)
(U) Dreamstone Hedron (T: Add 3 to your mana pool. 3, T, Sacrifice Dreamstone Hedron: Draw three cards. )

Vow of Duty (, EC, Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)
Propaganda (Each turn, each creature cannot attack you unless its controller pays an additional 2 for that creature.)
Lightning Greaves (Equipped creature has haste and shroud. Equip {0} )

(U) Fog Bank (Wall, 0/2, Flying Fog Bank does not deal or receive combat damage. )~Greaved Lightning~

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yay, some action! In response to equipping the Greaves, tap the Slagheap and remove 1 ctr for R, tap Mt and all Swamps for a total of 5 mana, cast Comet Storm for 2 and multikicker 1, targeting the Bank and you. Responses?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Shuffle fog bank in to library, draw 2
Guard Gomazo, greave it
done

Commander Zone: 1WBR Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3
(T) Mt
(U) Plains
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *2 storage ctrs*

(U) Dragon Whelp (2/3; Flying; R: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. If this ability has been activated four or more times this turn, sac ~ at the beginning of the next end step)

Graveyard: Comet Storm
Exile:
Mooseman: 38
Commander Zone:
1RUW ZedruutheGreathearted(Minotaur Monk, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. )
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(TT) Island x2
(UU) Mountain x2
(T) Dreamstone Hedron (T: Add 3 to your mana pool. 3, T, Sacrifice Dreamstone Hedron: Draw three cards. )

Vow of Duty (, EC, Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)
Propaganda (Each turn, each creature cannot attack you unless its controller pays an additional 2 for that creature.)

(S) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying. Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. ) ~Greaved Lightning~

Graveyard: Oblation
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dang, another of those guys?

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp

Done

Library: 83
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x4
(U) Mt
(U) Plains
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *2 storage ctrs*

Exile:
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(TT) Island x2
(UU) Mountain x2
(T) Dreamstone Hedron (T: Add 3 to your mana pool. 3, T, Sacrifice Dreamstone Hedron: Draw three cards. )

(S) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying. Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. ) ~Greaved Lightning~

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Added your swamp for ya....
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(U) Mt
(U) Plains

(U) Dragon Whelp (2/3; Flying; R: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. If this ability has been activated four or more times this turn, sac ~ at the beginning of the next end step)~Bitch~

Exile:
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UU) Mountain x2
(U) Sol Ring (, A, T: Add {2} to your mana pool.)
(U) Dreamstone Hedron (T: Add 3 to your mana pool. 3, T, Sacrifice Dreamstone Hedron: Draw three cards. )

(U) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying. Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. ) ~Greaved Lightning~

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So a tie... well, that sucked... for me...

Still EOT, add a storage ctr to the Slagheap

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Death by Dragons, targeting you (and using 2 ctrs from the Slagheap for the RR mana)
Responses?

Hand: 3
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(U) Mt
(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *1 storage ctrs*

(T) Orzhov Signet (1, T: Add WB to my mana pool)

(U) Dragon Whelp (2/3; Flying; R: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. If this ability has been activated four or more times this turn, sac ~ at the beginning of the next end step)~Bitch~

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons
Exile:
Hand: 4
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UU) Mountain x2

(U) Guard Gomazoa (Jellyfish, 1/3, Defender, flying. Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Guard Gomazoa. ) ~Greaved Lightning~

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yay, dragon for me!

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(U) Mt
(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *1 storage ctrs*

(S) Dragon creature token (5/5; Flying)

Exile:
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UU) Mountain x2

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Flametongue Kavu
Targeting the Whelp
If no response
I'm done

Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(U) Mt
(T,U) Plains x2

(S) Dragon creature token (5/5; Flying)

Exile:
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UT) Mountain x2

(S) Flametongue Kavu ( 4/2, When ~ ETB , it deals 4 damage to target creature.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Booo.... no response.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Tariel, Reckoner of Souls

Done

Library: 81
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4
(T) Mt
(T,U) Plains x2
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *1 storage ctrs*

(U) Dragon creature token (5/5; Flying)
(S) Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (4/7; Flying; Vigilance; T: Choose a creature card at random from Mooseman's graveyard. Put that card onto the battlefield under my control)

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp
Exile:
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UT) Mountain x2

(S) Flametongue Kavu ( 4/2, When ~ ETB , it deals 4 damage to target creature.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Everything you have is flying or big..... I'm just trying to stay in this game
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Howling Mine
Prison term on your Tariel
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4
(T) Mt
(T,U) Plains x2
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *1 storage ctrs*

(S) Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (4/7; Flying; Vigilance; T: Choose a creature card at random from Mooseman's graveyard. Put that card onto the battlefield under my control) ~Termed~

Exile:
Hand: 2
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UT) Mountain x2

Howling Mine (, A, Each player draws one extra card each turn during his or her draw phase.)
Prison Term (Enchanted creature can't attack or block and its activated abilities can't be played.Whenever a creature comes into play under an opponent's control, you may attach Prison Term to that creature.)

(U) Flametongue Kavu ( 4/2, When ~ ETB , it deals 4 damage to target creature.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're doing a good job at it.

EOT, put a storage ctr on the Slagheap

Untap, upkeep, Draw 2

Swamp
Dread Cacademon
Responses?

Library: 79
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5
(T) Mt
(T,T) Plains x2

(U) Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (4/7; Flying; Vigilance; T: Choose a creature card at random from Mooseman's graveyard. Put that card onto the battlefield under my control) ~Termed~
(S) Dread Cacodemon (8/8; When ~ ETB, if I cast it from my hand, destroy all creatures Mooseman controls, then tap all other creatures I control)

Exile:
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UT) Mountain x2

Howling Mine (, A, Each player draws one extra card each turn during his or her draw phase.)
Prison Term (Enchanted creature can't attack or block and its activated abilities can't be played.Whenever a creature comes into play under an opponent's control, you may attach Prison Term to that creature.)

(U) Flametongue Kavu ( 4/2, When ~ ETB , it deals 4 damage to target creature.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You say that now, but you either have or will draw a board clearer yourself :)

Done

Library: 79
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5
(T) Mt
(T,T) Plains x2

(T) Razorjaw Oni (4/5; Black creatures can't block) ~ Duty Bound~
(T) Dragon creature token (5/5; Flying)
(T) Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (4/7; Flying; Vigilance; T: Choose a creature card at random from Mooseman's graveyard. Put that card onto the battlefield under my control) ~Termed~
(S) Dread Cacodemon (8/8; When ~ ETB, if I cast it from my hand, destroy all creatures Mooseman controls, then tap all other creatures I control)

Exile:
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UT) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu
Exile: