Commander 2011: Spidey (Heavenly Inferno) vs Mooseman (Political Puppets)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, it's just 2/2, that was left when it had the Vow on it. Sorry.

I forgot about that so if I can back up and not attack, I'll just be done.

Spidey: 26
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 1
Library: 60
Commander Zone: 1WBR
Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,T,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(T,U,U,U) Mt x4 1 is MM's
(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *6 storage ctrs*
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (W, B, R)

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature get +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack me or a planeswalker I control)

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 my mana pool)
(U) Rakdos Signet (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool)

(U) Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places, Syphon Flesh, Diabolic Tutor, Mana-Charged Dragon, Righteous Cause, Forgotten Cave, Mother of Runes, Cleansing Beam
Exile: Orzhov Guildmage
============================================================================
Mooseman: 10
Library: 58
Commander Zone: 1RUW
Battlefield:

(UTT) Plains x3
(UTTT) Island x4
(UTT) Mountain x3
(U) Darksteel Ingot (Industructable. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. )
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (W, B, R)

Ghostly Prison (Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays {2} for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you.)
Vow of Flight ( Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has flying, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(U) Zedruu the Greathearted (Minotaur Monk, 4/6, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. RWU: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *Full of Duty*
(U) Windborn Muse (2/3, Flying. Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays {2} for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you. )
(U) Wall of Omens (, 0/4, Defender When Wall of Omens enters the battlefield, draw a card. )
(T) Ruhan of the Fomori (Legendary Giant Warrior, 9/9, At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose an opponent at random. Ruhan of the Fomori attacks that player this combat if able.)~VFlight~
(S) Gomazoa (, 0/3, Defender, flying. {T}: Put Gomazoa and each creature it's blocking on top of their owners' libraries, then those players shuffle their libraries. )

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu, Sol Ring, Dreamstone Hedron, Vow of Duty, Propaganda, Lightning Greaves, Howling Mine, Prison Term, Champion's Helm, Dominusof Fealty, Trade Secrets, Reins of Power, Perilous Research, Arbiter of Knollridge, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Breath of Darigaaz, Nin, the Pain Artist
Exile: Wall of Denial

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You got it.
UU - draw 2 gain 2
D
Fog Bank (, 0/2, Wall. Flying. Fog Bank does not deal or receive combat damage. )
Goblin Cadets
Attack with Ruhan
Blocks or responses?

Spidey: 26
Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,T,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *6 storage ctrs*

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature get +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack me or a planeswalker I control)

(U) Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places, Syphon Flesh, Diabolic Tutor, Mana-Charged Dragon, Righteous Cause, Forgotten Cave, Mother of Runes, Cleansing Beam
Mooseman: 12
Hand: 2
Library: 55
Battlefield:

(UUT) Plains x3
(UUUT) Island x4
(UUT) Mountain x3
(U) Darksteel Ingot (Industructable. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. )

Ghostly Prison (Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays {2} for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you.)
Vow of Flight ( Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has flying, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(U) Zedruu the Greathearted (Minotaur Monk, 4/6, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. RWU: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *Full of Duty*
(U) Windborn Muse (2/3, Flying. Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays {2} for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you. )
(U) Wall of Omens (, 0/4, Defender When Wall of Omens enters the battlefield, draw a card. )
(T) Ruhan of the Fomori (Legendary Giant Warrior, 9/9, At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose an opponent at random. Ruhan of the Fomori attacks that player this combat if able.)~VFlight~
(U) Gomazoa (, 0/3, Defender, flying. {T}: Put Gomazoa and each creature it's blocking on top of their owners' libraries, then those players shuffle their libraries. )
(S) Fog Bank (, 0/2, Wall. Flying. Fog Bank does not deal or receive combat damage. )
(S) Goblin Cadets (, 2/1, Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.))

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu, Sol Ring, Dreamstone Hedron, Vow of Duty, Propaganda, Lightning Greaves, Howling Mine, Prison Term, Champion's Helm, Dominusof Fealty, Trade Secrets, Reins of Power, Perilous Research, Arbiter of Knollridge, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Breath of Darigaaz, Nin, the Pain Artist

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's 9.
Done

Spidey: 17
Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,T,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(U,U,U) Plains x3

Battlefield:

(UUT) Plains x3
(UUUT) Island x4
(UUT) Mountain x3

(U) Gomazoa (, 0/3, Defender, flying. {T}: Put Gomazoa and each creature it's blocking on top of their owners' libraries, then those players shuffle their libraries. )
(S) Fog Bank (, 0/2, Wall. Flying. Fog Bank does not deal or receive combat damage. )
(S) Goblin Cadets (, 2/1, Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.))

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, put a storage ctr on the Slagheap

Untap, upkeep, draw - c'mon...

Face-down creature

Done

Library: 59
Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *7 storage ctrs*

(S) Face-down creature (2/2)

Battlefield:

(UUT) Plains x3
(UUUT) Island x4
(UUT) Mountain x3

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep - draw2 and gain 2
Draw

Journey to Nowhere , exile the face down creature
Crescendo of War
Attack with Ruhan and Goblins
Blocks/Responses?

Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *7 storage ctrs*

(S) Face-down creature (2/2) EXILED?

Mooseman: 14
Hand: 3
Library: 52
Battlefield:

(UTT) Plains x3
(UUUT) Island x4
(TTT) Mountain x3

Journey to Nowhere ( When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target creature.When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control. )
Crescendo of War (At the beginning of each upkeep, put a strife counter on Crescendo of War. Attacking creatures get +1/+0 for each strife counter on Crescendo of War. Blocking creatures you control get +1/+0 for each strife counter on Crescendo of War. )

(U) Fog Bank (, 0/2, Wall. Flying. Fog Bank does not deal or receive combat damage. )
(T) Goblin Cadets (, 2/1, Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.))

Exile: Wall of Denial[/quote]

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's 11
Spurnmage Advocate
Done

Spidey: 6
Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(U,U,U) Plains x3

Exile: Orzhov Guildmage, Zoetic Cavern (by journey to Nowhere)
Battlefield:

(TTT) Plains x3
(UUUT) Island x4
(TTT) Mountain x3

Journey to Nowhere ( When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target creature.When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control. )~Zoetic Cavern~
Crescendo of War (At the beginning of each upkeep, put a strife counter on Crescendo of War. Attacking creatures get +1/+0 for each strife counter on Crescendo of War. Blocking creatures you control get +1/+0 for each strife counter on Crescendo of War. )

(U) Fog Bank (, 0/2, Wall. Flying. Fog Bank does not deal or receive combat damage. )
(T) Goblin Cadets (, 2/1, Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.))
(S) Spurnmage Advocate (, 1/1, T: Return two target cards in an opponent's graveyard to his or her hand. Destroy target attacking creature.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is probably it...

EOT, put a storage ctr on the Slagheap.

Untap, upkeep - strife ctr, Draw

Shattered Angel

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(T,T,U) Plains x3

(S) Shattered Angel (3/3; Flying; Whenever a land ETB under Mooseman's control, I may gain 3 life)

Battlefield:

(TTT) Plains x3
(UUUT) Island x4
(TTT) Mountain x3

Journey to Nowhere ( When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target creature.When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control. )~Zoetic Cavern~
Crescendo of War (At the beginning of each upkeep, put a strife counter on Crescendo of War. Attacking creatures get +1/+0 for each strife counter on Crescendo of War. Blocking creatures you control get +1/+0 for each strife counter on Crescendo of War. ) *1 strife ctr*

(S) Spurnmage Advocate (, 1/1, T: Return two target cards in an opponent's graveyard to his or her hand. Destroy target attacking creature.)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Can't believe that I came back in this one...... I was playing this deck all wrong until I gave you my lands.

Untap, upkeep - strife ctr,gain 2 draw 2
Draw

Insurrection (, S, Untap all creatures and gain control of them until end of turn. They gain haste until end of turn.)
Alpha strike
Response?

Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(T,T,U) Plains x3

(S) Shattered Angel (3/3; Flying; Whenever a land ETB under Mooseman's control, I may gain 3 life)

Hand: 3
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(TTT) Plains x3
(UUTT) Island x4
(TTT) Mountain x3

Crescendo of War (At the beginning of each upkeep, put a strife counter on Crescendo of War. Attacking creatures get +1/+0 for each strife counter on Crescendo of War. Blocking creatures you control get +1/+0 for each strife counter on Crescendo of War. ) *2 strife ctr*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. Good game! Yeah, I needed some card drawing, couldn't keep up with your card advantage. The only thing I see where I messed up was that I cast somebody instead of using Kaalia to put it into play and you countered it. Ugh.... so much for 2011. Onto the next!