Commander 2011: Spidey (Heavenly Inferno) vs Mooseman (Political Puppets)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I will put Oros back on top of my library.

So Mother's ability fizzles, anything else during EOT? I have nothing else.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oros goes back on top of your library, no choices.
Kaalia goes to your hand.
I am done at the End of My Turn.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, why don't I get a choice of where to put Oros? Part of Whirlpool Whelm (well, "clash" really) is: "Each clashing player reveals the top card of his or her library, then puts that card on the top or bottom" It sounds like I get to choose where the revealed card goes.

Still EOT, put a ctr on the Slagheap

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Kaalia
Oros the Avenger

Done

Spidey: 26
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 1
Library: 61
Commander Zone: 1WBR
Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,T,T,T,T,U,U) Swamp x7
(T,T,U,U) Mt x4 1 is MM's
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *5 storage ctrs*
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (W, B, R)

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature get +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack me or a planeswalker I control)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 my mana pool)

(U) Kaalia of the Vast (4/4; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)~Lit up~
(U) Mother of Runes (1/1; T: Target creature I control gains protection from the color of my choice ueot)
(S) Oros, the Avenger (6/6; Flying; Whenever ~ deals dmg to a player, I may pay 2W. If I do, ~ deals 3 dmg to each nonwhite creature)

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places, Syphon Flesh, Diabolic Tutor, Mana-Charged Dragon, Righteous Cause, Forgotten Cave
Exile: Orzhov Guildmage
============================================================================
Mooseman: 8
Hand: 3
Library: 62
Commander Zone: 1RUW
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains x2
(UUUT) Island x4
(UUU) Mountain x3
(U) Darksteel Ingot (Industructable. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. )
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (W, B, R)

Ghostly Prison (Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays {2} for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you.)

(U) Zedruu the Greathearted (Minotaur Monk, 4/6, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *Full of Duty*
(U) Windborn Muse (2/3, Flying. Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays {2} for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you. )
(S) Wall of Omens (, 0/4, Defender When Wall of Omens enters the battlefield, draw a card. )

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu, Sol Ring, Dreamstone Hedron, Vow of Duty, Propaganda, Lightning Greaves, Howling Mine, Prison Term, Champion's Helm, Dominusof Fealty, Trade Secrets, Reins of Power, Perilous Research, Arbiter of Knollridge, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning
Exile: Wall of Denial

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yes the clash does give you the choice, I was looking at the spell part.
BTW, I'll spell crumble the Avenger

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Arg! Still done.

Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,T,T,T,T,U,U) Swamp x7
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *5 storage ctrs*

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature get +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack me or a planeswalker I control)

(U) Kaalia of the Vast (4/4; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)~Lit up~
(U) Mother of Runes (1/1; T: Target creature I control gains protection from the color of my choice ueot)

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places, Syphon Flesh, Diabolic Tutor, Mana-Charged Dragon, Righteous Cause, Forgotten Cave
Mooseman: 8
Hand: 2
Library: 63
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains x2
(UUUT) Island x4
(UUU) Mountain x3
(U) Darksteel Ingot (Industructable. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. )

Ghostly Prison (Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays {2} for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you.)

(U) Zedruu the Greathearted (Minotaur Monk, 4/6, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. {R}{W}{U}: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *Full of Duty*
(U) Windborn Muse (2/3, Flying. Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays {2} for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you. )
(S) Wall of Omens (, 0/4, Defender When Wall of Omens enters the battlefield, draw a card. )

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu, Sol Ring, Dreamstone Hedron, Vow of Duty, Propaganda, Lightning Greaves, Howling Mine, Prison Term, Champion's Helm, Dominusof Fealty, Trade Secrets, Reins of Power, Perilous Research, Arbiter of Knollridge, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Gain 2 life, draw 2 cards
Draw
Plains
Ruhan of the Fomori (Legendary Giant Warrior, 7/7, At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose an opponent at random. Ruhan of the Fomori attacks that player this combat if able.)
Vow of Flight on it
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,T,T,T,T,U,U) Swamp x7
(T,T,U) Plains x3

(U) Kaalia of the Vast (4/4; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Mooseman: 10
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains x2
(UTTT) Island x4
(UTT) Mountain x3
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (W, B, R)

Vow of Flight ( Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has flying, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(S) Ruhan of the Fomori (Legendary Giant Warrior, 9/9, At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose an opponent at random. Ruhan of the Fomori attacks that player this combat if able.)~VFlight~

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, put a storage ctr on the Slagheap

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Rakdos Signet

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Island is MM's
(T,T,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(U,U,U,U) Mt x4 1 is MM's
(U,U,U) Plains x3

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 my mana pool)
(U) Rakdos Signet (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool)

(U) Kaalia of the Vast (4/4; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Battlefield:

(UT) Plains x2
(UTTT) Island x4
(UTT) Mountain x3
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (W, B, R)

Vow of Flight ( Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has flying, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(S) Ruhan of the Fomori (Legendary Giant Warrior, 9/9, At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose an opponent at random. Ruhan of the Fomori attacks that player this combat if able.)~VFlight~

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep,gain 2 life draw 2 cards
Draw
Attack with Ruhan
Block/response?

Battlefield:

(U) Island is MM's
(T,T,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(U,U,U) Plains x3

Hand: 4
Library: 58
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains x2
(UUUU) Island x4
(UUU) Mountain x3

(U) Zedruu the Greathearted (Minotaur Monk, 4/6, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. RWU: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *Full of Duty*
(U) Wall of Omens (, 0/4, Defender When Wall of Omens enters the battlefield, draw a card. )
(T) Ruhan of the Fomori (Legendary Giant Warrior, 9/9, At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose an opponent at random. Ruhan of the Fomori attacks that player this combat if able.)~VFlight~

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Only Mother dies
(Added plains from post 109)
Gomazoa
Nin, the Pain Artist
Done

Battlefield:

(U) Island is MM's
(T,T,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(U,U,U) Plains x3

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places, Syphon Flesh, Diabolic Tutor, Mana-Charged Dragon, Righteous Cause, Forgotten Cave, Mother of Runes
Battlefield:

(UTT) Plains x3
(UTTT) Island x4
(UTT) Mountain x3

(U) Zedruu the Greathearted (Minotaur Monk, 4/6, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control. RWU: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control. ) *Full of Duty*
(U) Wall of Omens (, 0/4, Defender When Wall of Omens enters the battlefield, draw a card. )
(T) Ruhan of the Fomori (Legendary Giant Warrior, 9/9, At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose an opponent at random. Ruhan of the Fomori attacks that player this combat if able.)~VFlight~
(S) Gomazoa (, 0/3, Defender, flying. {T}: Put Gomazoa and each creature it's blocking on top of their owners' libraries, then those players shuffle their libraries. )
(S) Nin, the Pain Artist (, 1/1, {X}{U}{R}, {T}: Nin, the Pain Artist deals X damage to target creature. That creature's controller draws X cards. )

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu, Sol Ring, Dreamstone Hedron, Vow of Duty, Propaganda, Lightning Greaves, Howling Mine, Prison Term, Champion's Helm, Dominusof Fealty, Trade Secrets, Reins of Power, Perilous Research, Arbiter of Knollridge, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Breath of Darigaaz

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, put a storage ctr on the Slagheap

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with Kaalia, paying 4
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 60
Battlefield:

(T) Island is MM's
(T,T,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7
(T,U,U,U) Mt x4 1 is MM's
(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U) Molten Slagheap (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of B and/or R to my mana pool) *6 storage ctrs*

(T) Kaalia of the Vast (4/4; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, I may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from my hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Graveyard: Comet Storm, Orim's Thunder, Death by Dragons, Dragon Whelp, Akroma's Vengeance, Razorjaw Oni, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Dread Cacodemon,Orzhov Signet, Oni of Wild Places, Syphon Flesh, Diabolic Tutor, Mana-Charged Dragon, Righteous Cause, Forgotten Cave, Mother of Runes, Cleansing Beam
Battlefield:

(UTT) Plains x3
(UTTT) Island x4
(UTT) Mountain x3

(S) Gomazoa (, 0/3, Defender, flying. {T}: Put Gomazoa and each creature it's blocking on top of their owners' libraries, then those players shuffle their libraries. )

Graveyard: Oblation, Scattering Stroke, Guard Gomazoa, Flametongue Kavu, Sol Ring, Dreamstone Hedron, Vow of Duty, Propaganda, Lightning Greaves, Howling Mine, Prison Term, Champion's Helm, Dominusof Fealty, Trade Secrets, Reins of Power, Perilous Research, Arbiter of Knollridge, False Prophet, Vow of Lightning, Breath of Darigaaz, Nin, the Pain Artist