Coldsnap Previews

L

Limited

But if you play it, when you only have three cards in your hand, your throwing your whole hand away to clear the board. Surely this doesn't combine with the idea of weenie decks to apply a lot of pressure early on and keep pushing until the opponents life total has dropped to zero?

It feels like a panic button, but perhaps that is not such a bad thing :)

B

BigBlue

I don't know...

I think it's too expensive for most decks... I don't like the ACC. 3 cards to clear the board is a lot... I don't see how that's better than 4 Mana, unless you have some card drawing engine...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Heidar, Rimewind Master

....drools..........

Me likey. Me really likey. I've lways been a far of Tradewind Rider and cards of the like. Additionally, the card really shows the flavor of the "bad-guy" wizard whose power relies on the cold.

Ransac, cpa trash man

EDIT: 3,000 POSTS!!!!! WOO!

B

BigBlue

Wow... a key to making it even less useful, I hadn't even noticed that... 7 mana or 3 cards to only destroy all creatures... I would say it's a typo... Not even if it were an instant... Though that would make it more compelling.

B

BigBlue

He's cool.... and gives reason to want to use snow covered lands... but now "snow covered permanents"... I'm wondering what else you can cover with snow... :D

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Dwarven Ponies are so awesome, however, that they melt the snow upon touch AND STILL count as snow-covered!

Ransac, cpa trash man

H

hrothmar

The count of snow permanents ran pretty high in coldsnap according to the orb of insight. Accordingly, I dont believe It'll be a problem to get Heidar up and running. And once he's running.....ughh!

Ferret

Staff member
I see a key part of a lockdown combo deck. The combo gets going and your opponent can just sit there and say "Can I die, now?"

-Ferret

"Want to play solitaire? Why not buy a regular 52 card poker deck? It's cheaper"

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Ohran Viper

A green Ophidian-Basilisk! I like! It's cheap, draws cards, and chump-block/kills a large monster (or keeps them at bay)! AND it's a snow creature!!

Now we know what this well-known art really does!

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

It's rare too. So at least they know the value of the abilities.

L

Limited

I always loved Voracious Cobra.. and this is definitely a step up!

D

DarthFerret

I like this card. If things keep going this way, will definately consider drafting some green in the pre-release on the 8th (or 9th, depending on my days off!)

B

BigBlue

The way they have hacked up the color pie bugs me...

I don't know why, especially since I don't play much anymore and buy even less (though I will likely be buying some coldsnap... don't ask why since I don't play much... I'm a little crazy...)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I expect to see this card get some play. I hope a lot of play, but we'll see what else this set has to offer.

Ransac, cpa trash man