Cleric Deck

M

mythosx

yeah...but we have stifle now....woooo stifle...styful...steyephul...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was joking about Library...

I am just not sure if Mythosx was joking about Strip Mine, but I hope so...

Anyway, there was this one deck that used Psychic Venoms among other things and relied on being able to tap stuff (Ring of Gix, Icy Manipulator, Flood, etc.) so that they would be hurting from the Venom no matter what. On top of the various "Tim" type cards it was enough to finish the game...

Oh, and I do know people that play with four Strip Mines or wish that they could. Surprisingly enough, I don't use my Strip Mines in any of my decks. Not sure why that is...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If memory serves me correctly, it only hurts them if it is tapped for its ability...

You could Mindslaver them to do it, I suppose, but that would be rather extraneous for so little as there there are other cards that can be Donated that KILL the opponent, sometimes even if you don't Mindslaver...

Donating a tapped Strip Mine even would probably be a better effect...

Okay, so even if it worked that would be a sorcery that costed 2U, an artifact that requires 6 to play and 4 to activate, a land drop, and at least two creatures to block with, all to do two to your opponent and all of your opponent's creatures...

T

train

The first rulings/oracle on path seem to be in 99 - way after it was sitting in the crappy cards boxes...

but - since the wording on it is similar to the original city of brass - it was played so (at least, around here), and the trigger occurred whenever it was tapped...

H

Homestar

lol, i kno this is off topic to what u guys are saying but i have added a new card to my cleric deck:

x2 Urza's Incubator

good or bad?

H

Homestar

lol, i only got to playtest it once. it was great tho, playing edgewalkers for 0 and doubtless for 1

T

train

incubator makes them cost 2 colorless mana less to play - not 2 colored mana less - so edgewalkers are still costing WB to be played... doubtless - with 2 incubators out would cost W to play...

sorry to burst the bubble there homestar...:cool:

H

Homestar

o, lol, i forgot to mention, that when i play tested it, i had an edgewalker out. so thats how i got that.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Homestar:
lol, i kno this is off topic to what u guys are saying
That's okay, this is the cleric thread after all :)

Oversould:
I was joking about Library...
You have GOT to use smilies... :)

Oh, and I do know people that play with four Strip Mines or wish that they could
I know I did when I had the chance, before they were restricted. Powerful stuff... :)

T

train

So was 4 black vises, ivory towers, mana vaults, etc...

Why was it all the 1 and 0 cc stuff was so broken?!...

;) :p

T

train

I forgot sol rings... dark rituals... lightning bots, swords to plowshares...

Well - we all know it goes on and on from there...

"4 Ancestrals anyone?!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Heh, I guess I have used four copies of some of those myself...

Rits, Bolts, Swords, Rings, Vaults, Towers, Strip Mines, and admittedly...

...Vises.

But I'm very sorry about using Vise, really, I am...

I know it's not blue, but I'm sure Train must still admit that it is evil...

Never had even one Ancestral Recall, but I would like to change that... :D

T

train

The vise is only evil for a turn if you're playing properly now...

Back then it was evil because it was usually helped by sinkholes in my area...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Vice only targets one person still. I suppose it's up to your group whether you can re-target someone else if the originak target is taken out of the game or if it just sits there being useless :)

Vice was also evil with 4 Strip Mines... still is in the Microprose Magic computer game (just finished off the white wizard last night :) )

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Heh, that's an old game...

But I guess I have no room to talk. I play Castle of the Winds sometimes...

Vise may only be evil when played properly, but even a bad player can drop it first turn and watch the show...

I always thought Dark Rit and three Vises would be the most diabolical first turn play...