Cleric Deck

H

Homestar

Hey all, i have been on a bit of a losing streak with my cleric deck. i need sugesstions

Creatures:
Hallowed Healerx4
Vile Deaconx3
Samite Healerx3
Elvish healerx2
Whipgrass Entanglerx3
Akroma's Devotedx2
Daunting Defender
Noble Templarx2
Aven Redeemer
Karona Zealotx2
Millitent Monk
Battlefield Medicx2
Daru Spiritualistx2
Obsidian Acolyte
Zealous Inquisitor

Spells:
Wing Shardsx4 (saved me countless times)
Altars lightx2
Roar of the khax3
Aphetto Dredingx3

Swampx12
Plainsx16

also, a couple more questions. how much or what kind of strategy do you use for putting mana in your deck?what do u think is the best tribe to make a deck on?Can u use creatures Tap effects when they attack or block?

I

Istanbul

Where are your Cabal Archons?
Where are your Rotlung Reanimators?
Where are your Starlit Sanctums?

Go pick up some Onslaught. It'll do you a world of good.

13NoVa

4 edgewalker
4 skullclamp
4 wing shards
4 nova cleric
4 rotlung reanimator
4 blood suplicant
4 headhunter
1 scion of darkness
4 (pro-white, black cleric)
4 (pro-black, white cleric)
3 land tax

8 swamp
8 plains
4 tainted field

that's how i'd run it.

H

Homestar

wel ya kno im kinda the newbie around CPA so i dont have many exotic cards. and plus, those are awesome cards but they are a little suicidal. i will try to get those though.

M

mythosx

you need edge walkers if your going to make a chess deck.... secondly...go up to 4 vile deacons...and there is no way you are running a cleric deck with out doubtless ones.... its just plain silly...you need starlit skankdoms...i mean sanctums. Profane prayers is my spell of choice. But not necessary.

Bottom line get,

Doubtless ones
Starlit sanctums

R

Reverend Love

Homestar combining what Mythosx and Istanbul said you should really consider getting:

4 Doubtless One
3 Starlit Sanctum
4 Cabal Archon

Combined with cheap clerics...the Fallen Empires pump clerics would do nicely

Order of Leitbur
Order of the Ebon Hand

50 Cents each at www.starcitygames.com

Your priority should be getting yoru hands on:

Doubtless Ones 75 cents each
Starlit Sanctums 50 cents each
Cabal Archons 50 cents each

All these cards are uncommon..maybe you could buy a pack and have someone trade you the stuff you need for that one pack.

D

DeathMaster666

You AIMed me about this, but run 4x Edgewalker, 4x Rotlung Reanimator, 4x Dark Supplicant, 1x Scion, and 2x Oversold Cemetary. They should go down in price after ONS rotates out.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
a couple more questions. how much or what kind of strategy do you use for putting mana in your deck?what do u think is the best tribe to make a deck on?Can u use creatures Tap effects when they attack or block?
It depends in the deck, but usually 22-24 land should go into it.

Best tribe is up for grabs.

Can't usually use a creature's tap effect if they're attacking, as they need to tap to attack (you can get around this by using effects that don't cause creatures to tap when attacking). Blocking creatures' tap effects are fine to use as long as they're untapped to begin with.

C

Captain Caveman

These two Cleric decks have done pretty well for me. Most of the
cards are cheap and you should be able to find some of the Rares
in someone's "trash" trade binder.

Mono-Black Cleric's
-----------
3 BoneKnitter
4 Vile Deacon
4 Dark Suplicant
4 Withered Wretch
4 Cabal Achron
4 Rotlung Reanimator
4 Bane of the Living(not a cleric can replace with something to keep theme)
1 Scion of Darkness
4 Headhunter
3 Order of the Ebon Hand
1 Deathmark Prelate

20 Swamp
3 Starlit Sanctum
1 Volrath's Stronghold

Mono- White Cleric's
-----------
4 Master Apothecary
4 Planar Guide
4 Mother of Runes
4 Order of Leitbur
4 Shaman En-Kor
4 Soul Warden
2 Doubtless One
3 Soltari Monk
4 Beloved Chaplain
4 Soltari Priest
1 Kor Haven
2 Starlit Sanctum
20 Plains

I'm not sure about "best" Tribe but here is one I play from time
to time. Tribal/theme, ect.

Byrd Bath
----------
4 - Soulcatcher
4 - Suntail Hawk
4 - Phantom Flock
4 - Mystic Familiar
4 - Skyshroud Falcon
1 - Aven Warhawk
1 - Lieutenant Kirtar
1 - Aven Brigadier
1 - Commander Eesha

Spells:
4 - Battle Screech
4 - Soulcatchers Arie
4 - Wing Shards

20 Plains
4 Cloudpost

H

Homestar

well u guys are tellin me to run more of one card and get this card and so on and so forth. how do i ghet all these cards ur tellin me?!?!?!?! im not allowed to order cards off ther interweb cuz my parents say its a rip-off cuz on starcity its $6.00 to ship and they tell me i shouldnt spend all my money on these cards but im 12 yrs old i dont have n e thing else to save up 4. i only have 3 vile deacons. i only have 1 doubtless one's (which i got after i posted this) and i have never even heard of rotlung reanimator or scion or cabal archons or n e of that b4 this post. although i have been lookin for that ivory doom deck which i cant find n e where. what kind of packs should i buy to get the best clerics? and istanbul i just said that because 2 of the 3 say "sac. a cleric" but i looked at them more and they are really awesome so that was my bad. and mythosx i got a profayne prayers but only 1. i just dont kno how to get al these awesome cards 0.o.

R

Reverend Love

Does your local card shop carry singles? If they do ask them if they've got:

Doubtless Ones
Starlit Sanctum
Cabal Archon

You shouldn't have to pay more then 2 bucks for 4 of each of these cards.

Don't try getting more Scions of Darkness or Rotlung Reanimator simply because your 12, and those cards are expensive. You'll get MUCH more bang for you buck by getting the three cards I listed above.

And just remember Homestar we're simply making suggestions based off our experiences. Does this mean you HAVE to run the cards we say..certantly not. You can definitely play a great casual deck using easy to get commons.

In fact guys I suggest we lay off the suggesting rares and stick with mostly commons or uncommons. I remember being 12 and the distinct lack of cash flow.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Since you can't get cards through the mail, your best bet is what the Rev says and find a shop. If you're allowed to go to Pre-Releases, you can also find people with cards there.

How many people do you play with? Are they in the same situation about getting cards (or should I say, not being able to get them?)

H

Homestar

well i only play with 3 other people my age. i did convince my parents to let me order a few cards off starcity. this is what ii got:

Doubtless one x3 (cuz i already have 1)
vile deacon x1 (cuz some one told me to run one more)
profane prayers x1 (cuz i felt like it)
Edgewalkers x4 (cuz EVERYONE suggested it)
cabal archon x4 (cuz everyone suggested it again)
Starlit Sanctum x3 (yea..........)

total came out to $12.47, was i ripped off?

those are what i ordered last night. and ur right rev i didnt order scions or rotlungs cuz they are 6.50 a piece. i make $20 a week and for a kid my age, i think thats awesome. its just the parent approval factor. and yea there is a card shop around me and they do sell singles but all they sell are old cards. i dont kno exactly what set but they have a bunch of samite healers and old things that STILL have effects requiring snow-covered lands. i THINK the set is called legends. not sure tho. u guys can keep suggesting the awesome rares i just might not be able to get them.

and another little question, WHY MUST CHIMNEY IMP SUCK SO BAD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

C

Captain Caveman

PM, me with your address and I will send you some commons
and uncommons. Tell me what "theme's" you would like to
play and I'll see what I can find. I have several cards and I
can't play with all of them and someone should use them.

Make sure its ok with your parents, please:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We already tried that with him. His parents won't allow him to give out his address and get cards in the mail.

H

Homestar

yea spidey made me the same offer but my parents said no. my mom said yes if its o.k with my dad but my dad said no. thanx for the offer tho.;)

T

Tabasco

I order off of CCG Warehouse

URL is http://www.ccgwarehouse.com

they have cards relatively cheap and free shipping!!!!

Dark Supplicant and Scion of Darknessis the way to go with B/W clerics

I would use a deck simular to 13Nova's If I were to build a cleric deck.....just cause of play preference.....It really depends on your play group.