Cleric Deck

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train helped say what I was trying to.

Yeah, but Library is one of the cards that seems to never decrement..
Yeah, but I didn't know that back in '95. Back then, I though the price was because Arabian Nights was out of print and had a small print run. I didn't know it was going to get to its current price because of its draw power (drawing cards was not fully understood back then).

T

train

As spidey mentioned - a lot of prices back then were because something was out of print...:)

not because of future value... or really popularity... more because of availability....

H

Homestar

that makes sense......... i wonder how many ppl still have black lotus's.............

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My friend is pretty lucky; he already had a Mox Ruby from starting way back, and then his brother-in-law who had stopped playing the game found a Mox Ruby in his attic, so he gave it to my friend for his birthday. So I think my friend sold it on EBay and got an Emerald Mox.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, although he's not actively looking for them... this just happened to be an unexpected surprise for him.

The strange thing is that he's not playing them in any of his decks, although he's "allowed" to in our group (casual, follow T1 B/R list). I think he thinks they're still overpowered although it's just one of them. Same with his not playing his Gauntlet of Might (although that it probably due to how I feel about my Morphling - he'll get beat on as soon as it comes out, regardless of what is on the table).

T

train

I honestly don't thing gauntlet is overpowered... It can be too easily handled...

now island - that's overpowered...

T

train

It does cost 4 - unless there's a mis-print in spidey's group...

I can understand the debate to include cc - but just because something is undercosted, doesn't make it overpowered...

Do I think it is undercosted at 4? - no... Most of the time it takes red 4 turns to get it out...

;)

H

Homestar

seething song, skirk propector, brightstone ritual, just to name a few, those owuld get it outa little quicker.....

T

train

It can be done, but I'd rather drop a mana Flare third turn instead of a seething song...

the brightstone maybe - using the seething leaves you with mana - which granted, you could easily use, but doesn't give you more than that one...

The prospector causes you to lose the creatures you want to get +1/+1...

:) ;)