Cleric Deck

H

Homestar

that would be cool even tho i never played a library of alexandri, it juss seems right,

M

mythosx

if you ever get a chance to use a library of anthrax you will love it. you wont ever want to go back.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Got mine for $20 back in '95 after the first World Championship decks came out in the Duelist (or actually, what I could piece together from the description of the matches, they didn't have the actual decklists). Thought it was crazy spending that much on a card but figured, hey why not just this once ;)

H

Homestar

oncei order my awesome rares (see single card strategies section)that $5.00 thing will be topped. Oversoul, are you one of the strictly T1 players? there are only a few of those at my shop......

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No, I play casual Magic exclusively these days. I used to play 1.5 too. I am not really a Type I player at all, but I think I will become one...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, considering how much the Library is worth now, I did pretty good (if I plan to get rid of it :) ) At the time though, I didn't know the power of the card, it was just one of many that I didn't have but was in the World Championship deck so I figured I'd buy that one and try to trade for the rest. Never got all of them since I couldn't figure out the whole decklist though...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, yeah, now since you know what it's current price is. But it's hard to speculate with new cards. Say Glimmervoid, you could buy it now for $5 (just pulled a number out of my head), but would you do it now when you didn't know if it was going to go up or down in price in the future?

H

Homestar

id buy glimmervoid for 5 dollars now....i love that card and everyboddy else does to.

T

train

HS - spidey's trying to get across that the Magic Market is similar ot the stock market...

some things gain and hold value, and some are popular only for a while...

then there's the filler stocks(cards)... items that are there because someone wanted them to be - but don't ever get to be really valuable, some even decrease in value...

:cool: