Cleric Deck

T

train

Sink was meant to prevent the opponent from being able to play anything else - and forced them to draw mana to attempt to pay for the sink - now it can't do that... because they can play instants in response that will resolve as normal.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm... I wonder how many people actually got caught up in the interaction of interrupts vs instants in the old days...

T

train

I did - even learned about the "tree"... and all it's "branches"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I remember the Duelist having an article to explain it...

Heck, I even remember the uproar the Duelist had when it printed that if you had a Tim out, you couldn't kill a Samite Healer as it was being cast because it wasn't in play yet. However, if you wanted to enchant the Healer with some Holy Armor afterwards to protect it, THEN you could kill it. People had problem seeing how it worked on both levels, both the casting of the Healer and casting of the Armor was too late... :)

M

mythosx

nah i think we knew...but deep down inside we just liked to push the rules.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking about this yesterday: did people of old actually have instants they wanted to cast when Power Sink was cast?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But Fork was an interrupt itself. What about regular instants from back then? I personally didn't see a lot of cases of where one could or wanted to reply with instants when faced with a Power Sink...

T

train

Well - in the original print issue - the only others I can think are berserk and simulacrum...

M

mythosx

Yes, yes we had. Anyone with burn spells were really pissed at sink. Say a guy is at 2 life. Your holding a fire ball and two lightning bolts and you have alot of mana. You try to bolt him. He sinks you for everything and then some. You can't bolt him again. And that fireball is totally worthless to begin with.

That's when a normal magic player turns into train.

H

Homestar

LOL, n e way, what do you guys think about the card Grip Of Chaos? i have 3 of them in my LD deck.

M

mythosx

good card for casual. I wouldnt put them with LD though.. IF your gonna play with grips of chaos all your spells have to hurt everyone, no single target spells. Spells like flamewave, inferno, Kaboom and blatant theivery are perfect.

T

train

That's when a normal magic player turns into train.
You want to see what else is in my closet?!!!!...:mad:

Not only was I sunk when I had the kill - but the dang psychic venoms on my land beat the tar out of me while I was being sunk...:mad:

;)

M

mythosx

Originally posted by train
You want to see what else is in my closet?!!!!...:mad:

Not only was I sunk when I had the kill - but the dang psychic venoms on my land beat the tar out of me while I was being sunk...:mad:

;)
Thats happened to me too...sigh. Blue its a love hate thing with me. Ive done it to others also. Kept tapping my friends City of Brass. It was funny.

T

train

yeah - brass needs to be errataed to be only when tapped for mana...:cool:

R

Reverend Love

That's one card I'd absolutely love to see a variant of. Just so I could put together some kind of deck based around it.