Cleric Deck

M

mythosx

you need sigil of the new dawn. Its combo tastic. Either sigil or oversold cemetery. Clerics acutally need a huge chunk o mana to run you might consider swapping out a few spells or creatures for weathered wayfarer. drop all the dredgings. if you use sigil or cemetery you can get back plenty of creatures. Your bidding will pick up the rest. id drop the wing shards personally, you might want to consider rotlung reanimator if you want to give your deck that extra aggressive edge. I have a cleric deck and I tossed in Atalya, samite master for that extra staying power.

H

Homestar

sigil isnt the most efficient card for me. i have it but i dont run it. im really tryin hard to get rotlungs. i dunno why but im juss not to excited about scion. i want rotluns more cuz my friend runs a banishing deck and i guess im just used to my creatures dying more. cuz scion isnt even a cleric. i did what u said tho i dropped 2 dredges and upped the land count. and myth, i love my wing shards so there is no way im droppin them. i dont like atalya that much either. actually, scratch what i said earlier, im gonna throw in sigil of the new dawn and give it another chance. cuz b4 i never had starlit sanctums or cabal archons or n e of those.

and would u beleeve that the friend that is denying all these rules is the one who introduced me to magic? creepy, huh? but i have been taking in all ur guyses advice and u all have taught me well :)

M

mythosx

dont argue...no point in it. Just go download the rules from the website. Best way to do it. Get yourself some misery charms, those things are neccessities in a chess cleric set.

H

Homestar

i dont have them at the moment so do you think that a few raise dead could take its place?

M

mythosx

misery charm is just strong. Raise dead aint got nothing on misery charm. I have used the deal 2 damage to target player and won before.

H

Homestar

oooo. well for now im gonna put raise dead in any way cuz my friends thinmk my cleric deck is really cheap. they wont battle me with it. im on a 6 game wining streak :) . but i will try to get those misery charms

R

Reverend Love

Originally posted by Homestar
oooo. well for now im gonna put raise dead in any way cuz my friends thinmk my cleric deck is really cheap. they wont battle me with it. im on a 6 game wining streak :)
That's what I like to hear!!!! :)

I'm happy to hear that your cleric deck is working out for you. So are you eating them up using Starlit Sanctum and Cabal Archon or just bashing them over the head with fattie Doubtless Ones and Vile Deacons?

H

Homestar

i beat them senseless with vile deacons and doubtless ones. the archons and the sanctum are just for emergencys. :cool: :D

M

mythosx

nicely done... you could go out and be a real prick and get yourself lightning greaves and stick your spiritualists back in. heheeh. But then again you already knew that from reading the wizards website.

H

Homestar

yea lol. that would be funny. im not gonna try that tho cuz i dont wanna mess up the system igot now. to see if my cleric deck was truly awesome, i even let my all 3 of my friends play with it against me and i used their decks, (which might i add are extremely crappy). they beat me every time.

M

mythosx

if your friend wanted to...he could engineer his zombie deck to mess with your cleric deck. it makes it harder for you. Tell him to pack 4 rotlung reanimators. Oh shooot its on now.

H

Homestar

well he is even worse then me at the whole "tryin to get those awesome rare cards". and i dont get to play HIM much. there is this other friend of mine who runs like 4 decks and they all stink.

Killer Joe

Manipulate the heck out of the "Stack" and you'll have your friends head's spinnin' right round, like a CD , right round, dude!

KNOWLEDGE is POWER!

<note: Sorry for the 80's reference, that I'm sure only the oldies around here would get :) >

M

mythosx

hey, just tell your friends to be glad that the stack is there. Cuz the old system was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. worse. It was horrible. With interrupts and mana sources. Oh lord.

M

mythosx

It was easier to understand. It was harder to interact with. It was so rigid.

T

train

Interrupts and mana sources were cool - except for blue interrupts...;)

H

Homestar

i have no idea what u ppl are talkin about new stacks and old stacks. but if we are talkin about stacks, i got 2 grip of chaos's off the net :)