Call for Second Singleton Ultimate Draft

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Just going to point out that we're closing in (within the next five rounds) to around where our first dropout player occured from the last draft. I'm just going to reiterate:

If you plan on dropping out of the draft, PLEASE find a replacement drafter from the site.

Not expecting that to happen here, but just wanting to prepare for worst case scenarios.

NOW, let's get back to some draft commentary. Bargain came off of the board late. Given the fact that 4 players have been drafting black, I'm surprised that it lasted this long. Both Spirit Guides were snatched up by turgy22, which probably throws another wrench into BPC's plans. And counters are starting to come off of the board at a slow consistant rate.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

And while we're commentating, let's not forget someone sneaky getting a lot of massremoval, and someone else desperately trying to make something playable out of some mediocre artifacts :D

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Modus Pwnens said:
And while we're commentating, let's not forget someone sneaky getting a lot of massremoval, and someone else desperately trying to make something playable out of some mediocre artifacts :D
Hey, I resemble that remark....... :p

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Modus Pwnens said:
And while we're commentating, let's not forget someone sneaky getting a lot of massremoval,
You consider Fireball mass removal? Mooseman, I think MP has misinterpreted your picks.

Modus Pwnens said:
and someone else desperately trying to make something playable out of some mediocre artifacts :D
Melkor! He just called Darksteel Colossus and Crucible of Worlds mediocre!!

EDIT: Damn... I looked at my draft history wrong. MP drafted them. :rolleyes:

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

As long as you stay off from Ransac's massremoval and my mediocre artifacts, I don't think we have any objections :D

B

Budget Player Cadet

Ransac said:
NOW, let's get back to some draft commentary. Bargain came off of the board late. Given the fact that 4 players have been drafting black, I'm surprised that it lasted this long. Both Spirit Guides were snatched up by turgy22, which probably throws another wrench into BPC's plans. And counters are starting to come off of the board at a slow consistant rate.

Ransac, cpa trash man
?? Don't get it.

M

Modus Pwnens

Your plans:

A wrench:

Result:

Hope that cleared things up :D

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, if you weren't expecting to draft them, then they don't throw a wrench into your plans. BUT, for any combo deck that tries to go off ASAP, free mana is always a great thing.

MP: LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ransc, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

I think I'm going to lose a lot in this format...

I have always thought of myself as pretty bright, but I feel dumb watching better decks develop around me while I'm still wondering what I'm going to do... It doesn't help that I can't seem to remember the names of some cards (or I'm completely making them up in my head and they don't exist... which is also possible. :) )

Monkey wrench - BUR - Instant

Remove target permanent from the game as long as it is vital to your opponents strategy. Search their library and choose another card which is vital to their strategy and remove it from the game as well. If you cannot determine whether it is vital to their strategy, remove your library from the game instead.

M

Modus Pwnens

Bigblue, if you want to, and no other people have objections, I don't mind making a small list of cards I would pick if I were in your position. (although you should keep in mind i might omit a few I want for myself :D)

B

Budget Player Cadet

I have no idea where I'm going with this, and I sure as hell am not going to be able to storm off very easily... NEADS MOAR RITUALZ!

B

BigBlue

Thanks, I don't think I need any advice... but getting schooled in topdeck is making me humble... :)

I have plans... someone else has monkey wrenches... it all works out.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'm in the water next to your boat..... looking for a life preserver....
But this can be lots of fun and a real learning experience.....
I mean with as bad a deck as I'm drafting, if I beat someone, that would be fan-#%$@'g-tastic.......

Modus Pwnens said:
Bigblue, if you want to, and no other people have objections, I don't mind making a small list of cards I would pick if I were in your position. (although you should keep in mind i might omit a few I want for myself :D)
What am I? Copped liver..... where is my list? :D
Do what you want..... I have no problems....

I was thinking of taking Commandeer next or is it to soon for that card, or is that card jank?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Jank for a pick this early, although you mentioning it may spark interest in the card, now.

Ransac, cpa trash man