Call for Second Singleton Ultimate Draft

B

Budget Player Cadet

Ransac said:
NO!!!!!!! Don't give away my ace-in-the-hole!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man
I tried to get a dwarven pony the other day... greedy bastard wanted 50¢ for it!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
A request for everyone: Please review the list of cards taken before you pick to ensure that you don't double pick. It would be a great idea for you to make a list of cards you are interesting in and cross them off the list as the cards get picked.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

*BPC responds by looking at the hole in ransac's head where he played counterbore through Ransac's dumb comment.*
Been there, done that.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac responds by telling BPC to re-read the Draft thread.*

You picked an already picked card, BPC. Also, read this post I made a few back.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

Something blue perhaps :D

No, it was a fine pick, shows your intentions of getting into a second color by picking one of the best cards that color has to offer. I was just hoping I only had to share it with Turgy :D

M

Modus Pwnens

That's a pretty poor reason. Moxes are good no matter what your colors are, but yes, it'll help :)

The first picks are not really an indication of what people (will) play. The strongest cards will be picked first. For example, I was drafting triple Shadowmoor last night, and ended up not playing my first pick (Wilt Leaf Cavalier {W/G}{W/G}{W/G}, 3/4 vigilance) because some people to my right where heavily in white, so I ended up playing almost Monored, playing a lot of GR/BR hybrid cards.

My point here is that Moxes and other (semi-)power are so strong they will be picked first, and almost always played. The huge cardpool has no problems supporting multiple people playing the same color, while a "real" draft can only have that many people in the same color.

Thus your mox was a very strong card, but your next few picks were indicating monoblue, with morphling being the best you can get (vedalken shackles is awesome, maybe a good pick for you :)). Counter/control isn't the only thing blue has to offer :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
MP gave me advise.....woo hoo
Ok, who's next? Ransac... Dwarven Pony is great but what else?
Spidey? BPC? Rokapoke?
I need all the help I can get......
KJ?

M

Modus Pwnens

Oh, just for the record, I really don't care who ends up with the shackles, as it's an annoying card anyway, I was simply offering MM some advice.

R

rokapoke

Moose, if you're looking to push your way into red, the Lightning Bolt idea is definitely solid, like Modus points out in post #132.

To follow it up, particularly considering your Scepter, I'd recommend looking into Incinerate (3 damage, 2 mana) and Flame Jet (2 damage, scry 2, 2 mana) for later picks.

Boomerang was a great snag, again, working great with the Scepter. Echoing Truth will do (virtually) the same things in this draft format, and is also Isochronable.

Just my two cents. Or less, depending on the quality of my advice.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My advice would suck, since I didn't do all that well in the last Singleton and really have no idea what I'm gonna do for this one :)

M

Modus Pwnens

I'm still in doubt. There are a few red cards that I really, really want, and the same goes for green. Both options are still open, but I think I'll have to make a choice somewhere. I would prefer red over green, but if you leave me no choice :(